Purchased a G17 today!

Guest GlocKingTN

Guest GlocKingTN

Well, its on its way to me. I went in Parkway gun today in Jackson, actually to look at an XD45 to purchase. But I got to thinking about the costs of the ammo, and decided I would go a different route. Sooooo, I bought a Glock 17 9mm instead. All he had in stock was the OD color, so he ordered me a solid black. It should be here mid-week or so. The guy at the counter convinced me to buy the 17 instead because of the ammo prices alone. I figured 9mm would be a little cheaper to play with rather than the .45 ammo. I will post a pic as soon as it comes in!

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can never go wrong with a Glock, as you well know. I have the 19 and it works well for me. I actually shoot better with a 17 (as I imagine many do). You will save bundles on ammo this way. 9mm is like half the price of .45, and easier to shoot as well (IMHO). Although there are times you'll want the .45...

Best thing for a new Glock -shoot the heck out of it, clean the heck out of it, then shoot some more.

You get the standard sights?

ENJOY!

-Len

Guest Archimedes

Agreed.

I want an AR next, but after that, I want to start rounding out my Glock collection.

17 or a 21 next. I love the 45, but I really do need a range gun that bites the wallet a little less.

Anyways, congrats on the purchase, you lucky ^*%#@. :D

~Archi

Guest triggertime
That is also the bad part about mags being put in the wrong gun.

That's why theres the option of putting orange magazine base plates on the training gun's magazines. If you practice with the G17 and carry the G22, put orange base plates on all

G17 mags so you don't unwittingly mix up two calibers.

The easier solution is just trading off the G22... :eek:

Guest GlocKingTN
The best thing about this is that the G17 looks identical to your G22, so you don't have to explain a new gun to you know who...

Believe it or not, she is the other one that talked me into buying it. For the cheaper ammo of course(and so she could shoot it;) ).

Guest GlocKingTN

I want an AR next,

Anyways, congrats on the purchase, you lucky ^*%#@. :eek:

~Archi

Thanks for the congrats. And the AR will also be my next purchase as well. Parkway Gun had the one I wanted too. I think the price was around $850. They also do 1 year lay-away plans;)!

My wife said I could get that next if I was good...:lol:

Guest GlocKingTN
Be careful then, don't mix up your magazines... seriously.

Would it not be just as easy to each of them in their own little cases? Seperate from each other.

Guest triggertime

Well, you have to pay attention to the potential problem that Yeager mentioned. When Yeager speaks, listen.

Think about the outcome of accidentally inserting a loaded G17 magazine into a G22 at the range or at a training class or when you're fighting for your life. Or vice versa. There's a potential there for an accidental screw up that could injure you or tie up your gun at the inopportune time.

Guest GlocKingTN
Well, you have to pay attention to the potential problem that Yeager mentioned. When Yeager speaks, listen.

Think about the outcome of accidentally inserting a loaded G17 magazine into a G22 at the range or at a training class or when you're fighting for your life. Or vice versa. There's a potential there for an accidental screw up that could injure you or tie up your gun at the inopportune time.

Neither of those would be good! I will try to pay close attention to what Im doing to avoid those problems.

Guest Greentimber
The guy at the counter............

I know that guy. He's a bad motherf*#!er.

:doh:

Just kidding. That's me. I just signed up here. Yeager knows me and some of you other guys might too. I normally run around on the AK and Long-Range (Sniper) boards these days.

A Glock 17 with steel night sights and a Surefire X200 (or Streamlight M3x) can't be beat! We don't have any Winchester RA9TA in the store, but I'm trying to get some in. You'll enjoy that pistol!