Be Careful of Regions Banks

Guest Mudlizard

The sad thing is apparently they're not even posting these signs thinking they will stop any criminals (just make some if any carry past them)...they are posting them to appease a few sheeple.

While I don't guess there is anyway to know for sure, I be these posting will cost them more customers than the few, if any, actually scared off by OCed handguns.

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest -BeanHead-
The one in Milan was not posted last time I was there, will check in the next days.

I live in Milan also and have not noticed it yet. Like Parrothead I use them for personal and business, I will be very disappointed if they post. I dont have any say so in the business banking.

I was hoping that this was just a few branches as the one on 96 if Franklin had not posted until very recently. I've been in there hundreds of times cc'ing and no one was the wiser. Now I'll have to use the drive thru. I guess now that they have these signs up they can take down the height ruler sticker next to the exit doors as they will no longer have any more armed robbery attempts. They should have put up the no gun stickers sooner.

the measured marks on exits at a lot of businesses so that if the sheep do look up while perp is leaving they can at least say he looked to be about....8 feet tall from my angle on the floor

Far out. I have NEVER noticed one of those.

Situational awareness fail.

- OS

Guest Glock23ForMe

You've never noticed those? Honestly?! I see them all the time. They are on each side of the door frame, usually from about 5 to 7 feet with 5,6,7 in different colors and the area between 5 and 6 corresponds to the "5" color

Ok so here's the response I got along with my original message. About what I expected. Maybe if they do get enough complaints they will reconsider. I won't be holding my breath.

Thank you for your email. We regret that you are dissatisfied with Regions’ decision to add this new policy at our branch locations. We have forwarded your feedback as an official complaint and have documented your concerns. We are tracking opinions, responses and suggestions, and will plan future updates based on these findings.

Again, we apologize for the inconvenience this issue has caused. If you have any other questions, please feel free to email us, call us at 1-800-REGIONS (1-800-734-4667), Monday – Friday, 6 AM – 7 PM (CT) and Saturdays 6 AM – 2 PM (CT), or visit any local branch. Thank you for contacting Regions Bank.

T. Burghardt

I want to express my disappointment with the no guns allowed signs that have recently been added to the area branches. They won't stop criminals from carrying but will only prevent me and other responsible citizens from doing business inside. I've been a customer for many years and have a handgun carry permit. I've carried concealed in Regions bank for years without incident. No one knew. I will now have to do my banking at the drive through window. There are business who make large cash deposits daily and I am sure some carry firearms as a safety measure. Your policy is only hindering those who abide by the law. Sincerely, xxxxxxxxxx

Guest Glock23ForMe

Well, to no avail, I went to Regions today... Posted.... Yep, posted....

Went back to my car, put her in the gun box that can hold gloves, locked it, walked right inside... The lady said, "How may I help you?" I said, "I would like to close my account."

She asked why and I told here that I chose not to support any type of business that did not support my 2nd Amendment Right. She said, "The Sign?" I said, "Yes, the sign. Honestly, I love this bank, but I'm not going to do any business with it any more, unless those signs come down." I gave her the card, she proceeded to tell me that she has her HCP and she would give this card directly to the bank manager :rock:. We also talked about how criminals won't stop at that sign and say, "Damn, they posted... Well, lets go to Sonic, boys." And that the tellers' and customers' only line of defense in the event of someone holding a gun to their head, is someone carrying concealed and the BG not knowing. She agreed. I told her that I didn't have a lot of money now, but in a year or two, I'm gonna buy a house and car, and as of now, they're not getting any of my business. So... That is that. Now that the new Overdraft Law is in effect... I'll be at First Tennessee

Ok so here's the response I got along with my original message. About what I expected. Maybe if they do get enough complaints they will reconsider. I won't be holding my breath.

Thank you for your email. We regret that you are dissatisfied with Regions decision to add this new policy at our branch locations. We have forwarded your feedback as an official complaint and have documented your concerns. We are tracking opinions, responses and suggestions, and will plan future updates based on these findings.

Again, we apologize for the inconvenience this issue has caused. If you have any other questions, please feel free to email us, call us at 1-800-REGIONS (1-800-734-4667), Monday Friday, 6 AM 7 PM (CT) and Saturdays 6 AM 2 PM (CT), or visit any local branch. Thank you for contacting Regions Bank.

T. Burghardt

I want to express my disappointment with the no guns allowed signs that have recently been added to the area branches. They won't stop criminals from carrying but will only prevent me and other responsible citizens from doing business inside. I've been a customer for many years and have a handgun carry permit. I've carried concealed in Regions bank for years without incident. No one knew. I will now have to do my banking at the drive through window. There are business who make large cash deposits daily and I am sure some carry firearms as a safety measure. Your policy is only hindering those who abide by the law. Sincerely, xxxxxxxxxx

I received that exact response. I imagine nothing will come of it, but it couldn't hurt to let them know that they're losing customers over this decision.

Guest Glock23ForMe

My Email.

To Whom It May Concern:

My name is Drew G. and I have conducted business with Regions Bank in Murfreesboro and Jonesborough, TN for almost 2 years now. This morning, I was walking into Regions to make a large deposit, and noticed the sign disallowing firearms within the building. I complied with the company’s request, went inside, and proceeded to close my Regions Account. I am permitted in the State Of TN to carry a firearm and have done multiple background checks and had my fingerprints on file with the State of TN for almost a year now. This policy of the bank does nothing other than hinder the safety of your customers and employees. Criminals do not care what sign, no matter the size or intensity, on your door. They will refuse to go elsewhere and continue onto what they were planning regardless. All the policy does, is refuse to let your customers defend themselves. Honestly, if your business is protecting my money, then I would like to be protected when I am inside doing business, and the sign does not complete that. I realize that I am not wealthy, however, I am starting a job in less than a year, where I will be earning better wages, direct deposit, buying a house and new car. I am confident in saying that Regions Bank will not get any of my business from this day forward as long as those signs are up and the policy is in place. There are numerous ways to make the general public feel safe, while allowing those customers that abide by the law to protect themselves inside. I am also confident that I am not the only person that is moving their account(s) from your Bank due to this issue. Honestly, I love Regions Bank, but I choose not to do business with any company that does not acknowledge my right guaranteed by the 2nd Amendment. I chose Regions and have been happy with the service and banking ever since I opened the account, but, at this point, my business will be with one of your competitors that acknowledge our Rights as Citizens of this great country.

With All Respect,

Drew G.

We'll see what they say.. Please don't nit-pick it... It's already sent and I can't change it.

Guest Glock23ForMe
I think that's a fine letter Glock23ForMe . I hope they receive this type of message from more customers than they ever expected.

Me too! I hope they have to have a "2nd Amendment Letter Review" department for everyone sending these in. If anyone agrees with the letter, feel free to use it and just change the name and other stuff... I don't mind. I've been moping around this morning because I do love Regions bank. I really did enjoy banking with them, but I refuse to give them my money.

Guest Glock23ForMe

I got the "automated response" from the guy with the long last name that starts with a "B". The same you all got.. I hope the email actually gets escalated.

Guest Newbie

Today, I went into the Regions on Memorial Blvd in Murfreesboro and noticed the sign. I did my transactions, asked to see a manager. I was directed to a nice guy in an office. I told him that I'd been doing business with regions for over 5 years or so, back when they were Union Planters and this is the first sign I'd seen. I said "I have my handgun carry permit and have always carried into the bank" and his eyes got really big, but didn't say anything.

I proceeded with the statement that "I noticed at the regions on church st they have the bulletproof glass and here at this office they don't and that sign let's criminals know that there's no one in here with a gun since you don't allow them now." His response was "wow that's a good point, I never thought of that."

I asked if it was a new policy, which he said it is and said "if people come in and see someone with a gun, it scares people and that's why they started the rule, but if you come in and no one sees it, then no one sees it." I took this to mean he was giving me permission to conceal carry as long as no one knew.

I explained that now that I'm aware of the law, even if you tell me I can and I carry into the bank and someone notices, I am breaking the law and I won't risk it, I'll just have to take my business elsewhere.

He apologized then said "Thanks for looking out for us" and I said "sure, but I'm not looking out for you, I'm just letting you know that your sign compromises my right to protect myself and maybe anyone else around me if something were to happen". He didn't really say much else, just shook my hand and said thanks, take care, etc.

Its really frustrating, but like others have said, I'll either change banks or just use the drive thru. Its an internal conflict to know their posted now and decide to carry inside, but I probably won't do it.

Guest Glock23ForMe
Today, I went into the Regions on Memorial Blvd in Murfreesboro and noticed the sign. I did my transactions, asked to see a manager. I was directed to a nice guy in an office. I told him that I'd been doing business with regions for over 5 years or so, back when they were Union Planters and this is the first sign I'd seen. I said "I have my handgun carry permit and have always carried into the bank" and his eyes got really big, but didn't say anything.

I proceeded with the statement that "I noticed at the regions on church st they have the bulletproof glass and here at this office they don't and that sign let's criminals know that there's no one in here with a gun since you don't allow them now." His response was "wow that's a good point, I never thought of that."

I asked if it was a new policy, which he said it is and said "if people come in and see someone with a gun, it scares people and that's why they started the rule, but if you come in and no one sees it, then no one sees it." I took this to mean he was giving me permission to conceal carry as long as no one knew.

I explained that now that I'm aware of the law, even if you tell me I can and I carry into the bank and someone notices, I am breaking the law and I won't risk it, I'll just have to take my business elsewhere.

He apologized then said "Thanks for looking out for us" and I said "sure, but I'm not looking out for you, I'm just letting you know that your sign compromises my right to protect myself and maybe anyone else around me if something were to happen". He didn't really say much else, just shook my hand and said thanks, take care, etc.

Its really frustrating, but like others have said, I'll either change banks or just use the drive thru. Its an internal conflict to know their posted now and decide to carry inside, but I probably won't do it.

I spoke to him too. He seemed like a nice guy. I told him they were going to lose more business than gain, but he didn't believe me. Maybe he will now.

The regions off of Old Hickory near the 70 intersection in Bellevue was posted yesterday. Unfortunately I've got some ongoing transactions but as soon as those are wrapped up I'm switching. Probably to Suntrust.

To those of you who have spoken to bank managers, I encourage you to also contact Regions via email. Your verbal complaint may or may not be forwarded up the chain of command. If you email them there will be record of another unsatisfied customer because of their new anti-gun policy.

-southernaslylum

Guest The Highlander

Does anyone have an email address for Regions? I just tried their website, and you are required to enter an address to even send them an email. I will not do that, simply because then I'll be added to their junk mail list. I'd be happy to send an email explaining why I will not do business with them, if you can post an email address for a company officer or something.

Edited by The Highlander
Does anyone have an email address for Regions? I just tried their website, and you are required to enter an address to even send them an email. I will not do that, simply because then I'll be added to their junk mail list. I'd be happy to send an email explaining why I will not do business with them, if you can post an email address for a company officer or something.

This was at the bottom of my response:

contactus@regions.com

You might also try askus@regions.com