WNOX new format

Which talk show host do you prefer?  

25 members have voted

1. 1. Which talk show host do you prefer?

The history is on every local media's webpage (WATE, WBIR, KNS) and Wikipedia, but the "reader's digest" version is that Citadel leased the station for a number of years. They filed Chapter 11 in December of '09 and part of that bankruptcy was the termination of the WNOX lease agreement two years early. The owners are keeping it news/talk and will be airing Boortz and even Savage.

And according to the engineers around the area there really isn't any way that 98.7 can increase their power without some miracle.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest FroggyOne2

well the reception is worse on 98.7... and what is the deal with this trucker talk on the night shift now? I have already complained.. of course.. as far as I am concerned.. they could take tripe h off there.. or yet.. put him on the night shift.. lol.

Need to pay more attention. Rush, Hannity, & Levin bash liberals regardless of the letter next to their name.

I never heard Rush bash anyone but Dem's, I have not heard Hannity or Levin on radio. I pretty much don't listen to Rush anyway, his egotistical rants give me a headache.

Guest 6.8 AR
I never heard Rush bash anyone but Dem's, I have not heard Hannity or Levin on radio. I pretty much don't listen to Rush anyway, his egotistical rants give me a headache.

So, what's you're point? That's his

job. His show is a response to liberal

media. But he will go after republicans, too, if they're not being

conservative.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Guest FroggyOne2

i can't get it even in Wartburg and used to be able to listen to it all the way down to Chatt before I would loose it.. can't do that now.

i can't get it even in Wartburg and used to be able to listen to it all the way down to Chatt before I would loose it.. can't do that now.

You should be able to get 98.7 in Wartburg as the station is licensed to Oliver Springs.

You should be able to get 98.7 in Wartburg as the station is licensed to Oliver Springs.

I'm not that familiar with the Knoxville signals (except that 100 in Oak Ridge has always had huge coverage), but City of License has very little to do with coverage areas these days. The FCC only requires you to put a city grade signal over the city limits. For years, broadcasters have been moving FM's toward population centers. Frequently, barely covering the city of license is the result. In hilly terrain, like the Knoxville area, that coverage can be bogus because of the way the FCC calculates FM coverage. I've done contour maps where you had to zoom in to see that the contour barely includes the city border.

Guest grimel

So you make this statement based on limited listening and no knowledge: Where as the rest of them just seem to be on a mission to bash Democrat's.

So you make this statement based on limited listening and no knowledge: Where as the rest of them just seem to be on a mission to bash Democrat's.

how much of Limbaugh does a person have to hear to know what he is saying? I would guess I have listened to him for maybe 50 to 100 hours in the last couple of years. Is that not enough to get his intent?

I will retract my statement on Hannity and Levin as I have not really ever heard them on the radio. My deepest and heartfelt apologies to them if they feel slighted in any way. :)

I'm not that familiar with the Knoxville signals (except that 100 in Oak Ridge has always had huge coverage), but City of License has very little to do with coverage areas these days. The FCC only requires you to put a city grade signal over the city limits. For years, broadcasters have been moving FM's toward population centers. Frequently, barely covering the city of license is the result. In hilly terrain, like the Knoxville area, that coverage can be bogus because of the way the FCC calculates FM coverage. I've done contour maps where you had to zoom in to see that the contour barely includes the city border.

Well, close. The FCC requires that your 3.16 mV/m curve cover the entire City or Community of License. (strangely this was put in place by the Communications Act of 1934, the Gov't was very busy that year). That's why we have the A and C3s moving as far as they can, but not all the way, into an area to service a larger metro population. They also must have their official main studio within 25 miles of the geographical center of the COL.

Guest 6.8 AR

I don't know about an aluminum helmet. It might melt. :)

Anyway, I listen occasionally to whoever is on at the time.

Been catching Savage and Levin, lately, but I did listen to

Rush while I was putting my wife's car back together, today.

Guest 6.8 AR

Naw, he was on in the background, the blower in the garage was

drowning him out. I was too busy worrying about a missing nut

or bolt to pay much attention.

Guest grimel
how much of Limbaugh does a person have to hear to know what he is saying? I would guess I have listened to him for maybe 50 to 100 hours in the last couple of years. Is that not enough to get his intent?

Actually, no, as the one nutter reporter who bashed him and was then chastised by another reporter found out, it takes a couple of weeks listening to the whole show to understand the underlying themes and style. You've caught bits and pieces of his show in a disjointed fashion. Listen everyday for 2 weeks, your brain works better than a liberal reporter's.

I will retract my statement on Hannity and Levin as I have not really ever heard them on the radio. My deepest and heartfelt apologies to them if they feel slighted in any way. :)

How about just listening before you form an opinion?

I'm at the point I can't take more than 30 minutes of any of them reporting what I've missed coming from DC before I start having a stupidity induced stroke.

Actually, no, as the one nutter reporter who bashed him and was then chastised by another reporter found out, it takes a couple of weeks listening to the whole show to understand the underlying themes and style. You've caught bits and pieces of his show in a disjointed fashion. Listen everyday for 2 weeks, your brain works better than a liberal reporter's.

How about just listening before you form an opinion?

I'm at the point I can't take more than 30 minutes of any of them reporting what I've missed coming from DC before I start having a stupidity induced stroke.

I understand Limbaughs style :), it is pretty much " me me me me me :rant:, bash Obama,:hat: me me me me me me :blah:, bash a lib, me me me me :crazy:, bash a Obama staffer:doh: , me me me :panic:, bash a random democrat ,me me me me , etc...

Don't get me wrong, I do not mind him bashing lib's, Dem's, Obamite's etc, it is his ego I can't stand. His Operation Chaos BS put me off a lot. It failed miserably as I see it since Obama won. The guy is a drug addict hypocrite and I will never be convinced otherwise.

I don't have time to waste listening to the radio other than Friday's when I run a route so listening to the others probably is not going to happen, my apology will have to suffice. :shrug:

Edited by Mike.357
forgot smilies, gotta have them or people think you are mad