Let's see your 10-22's!

enfield

After being embarrassed out of the lever-action picture thread, I decided to start my own thread with the best looking 10-22 you'll see:

DSC01271.jpg

DSC01272.jpg

A stock, late-70's 10-22 with a red-dot scope. Beautiful walnut stock.

What's in your safe?

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2ca84962.jpg

f8937abe.jpg

62b5445b.jpg

Top gun is a 1974 and the bottom gun is a 1976 with the 200 years of American Liberty text on the barrel.

Mine has a 117 SN prefix, so it's probably just a little younger than your '76.

Circa 2000 stainless model, had the boat paddle stock which I didn't care for. Sold that and put a Hogue Overmolded on it.

VQ hammer and extractor, inexpensive Bushnell 3-9 scope:

1022-ss.jpg

TRE model (Tactical Rodent Eliminator) is a current "blued" model, same as above 'cept with Butler Creek folder, see through mounts, and flash hider.

1022-tac-2.jpg

- OS

Circa 2000 stainless model, had the boat paddle stock which I didn't care for. Sold that and put a Hogue Overmolded on it.

VQ hammer and extractor, inexpensive Bushnell 3-9 scope:

- OS

The VQ hammer kit really helped my trigger (and groups). Some of the best money I've spent.

The VQ hammer kit really helped my trigger (and groups). Some of the best money I've spent.

Oddly, though, it really seems to vary in effectiveness between rifles. The stainless one came out lighter and smoother than the blued one. Whether because the older one has aluminum trigger housing as opposed to polymer one, I dunno - everything INside the housings are same, AFAIK, except the trigger itself, so maybe that's it. My bud Garufa just did same (VQ hammer only) on a (I think metal) housed one, and his came out even better than my best one.

- OS

Mine has a plastic trigger housing. I wouldn't call it great, but it's much lighter.

Oh yeah, both of mine are much better, and Garufa's is really outstanding.

I just found it interesting that the same target hammer doesn't have same degree of effect on all 10/22's, since I now know of 3 with same mod, with 3 different results.

- OS

Oh yeah, both of mine are much better, and Garufa's is really outstanding.

I just found it interesting that the same target hammer doesn't have same degree of effect on all 10/22's, since I now know of 3 with same mod, with 3 different results.

- OS

You're only replacing one of the surfaces, so you got that good ole Ruger grit on the other side. I'm sure if you went a little deeper with VQ parts, they would get a lot more consistent. I wasn't searching for a perfect trigger. Just needed to lighten it up some. A .22 doesn't shoot far enough to take it to the next level for me.

I've never gotten the "next level" bug for any round. Yet, anyway. :D

- OS

Maybe I put that wrong. At 100 yards, my 10/22 carbine is headed for the dirt, but my .270 is just getting started. The Jewell trigger on my .270 is not a factor in the accuracy of the rifle at all. Doesn't matter with a .22