Let's see your 10-22's!

enfield

Well, switch bolt assemblies to prove it.

I didn't catch it, but did you already change firing pin? It's cheap.

Ruger doesn't show bolt as a part you can buy, though, and the 3rd party ones I see on line cost about as much as a new rifle.

- OS

I've replaced the firing pin already with a titanium one, that is why I was asking if a new firing pin would still have a problem sliding past the rim if the bolt was too worn. Also, you can buy the complete factory bolt assembly through Midway. They offer it in standard finish, and one the is polished on the ejection side. I went with the polished one on the carbine that I mentioned building for my step brother, and like I said so far it hasn't had a single fail to fire even using Remington bulk ammo. These are complete with factory firing pin and extractor already installed ready to stick in the rifle and go. As cheap as they are I should have just replaced the entire assembly rather than just replacing the firing pin in my old bolt.

Ruger Bolt Assembly Complete Standard Finish Ruger 10/22 Standard, International, and Synthetic - MidwayUSA

Ruger Bolt Assembly Complete Color Buffed Ruger 10/22 Deluxe Sporter, Target - MidwayUSA

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

DSCN0467.jpg

Clerke Industires bull barrel

Hogue stock

Volquartsen mag release

Volquartsen action kit

Volquartsen recoil buffer

Volquartsen bolt handle

I love the action kit. It's one of the best upgrades I've done to a 10/22. I will say, next time I buy one, I will go with their TG2000 setup. It was a headache to get the action put together. It would be worth it to me to buy it already assembled.

Needs some shorter scope rings, but that's all I had in the parts bin at the time.

And my 10/22 Magnum.

DSCN0507.jpg

Edited by Mike
I've replaced the firing pin already with a titanium one, that is why I was asking if a new firing pin would still have a problem sliding past the rim if the bolt was too worn. Also, you can buy the complete factory bolt assembly through Midway. They offer it in standard finish, and one the is polished on the ejection side. I went with the polished one on the carbine that I mentioned building for my step brother, and like I said so far it hasn't had a single fail to fire even using Remington bulk ammo. These are complete with factory firing pin and extractor already installed ready to stick in the rifle and go. As cheap as they are I should have just replaced the entire assembly rather than just replacing the firing pin in my old bolt.

Ruger Bolt Assembly Complete Standard Finish Ruger 10/22 Standard, International, and Synthetic - MidwayUSA

Ruger Bolt Assembly Complete Color Buffed Ruger 10/22 Deluxe Sporter, Target - MidwayUSA

Those aren't bad prices

I love the action kit. It's one of the best upgrades I've done to a 10/22. I will say, next time I buy one, I will go with their TG2000 setup. It was a headache to get the action put together. It would be worth it to me to buy it already assembled.

I'm a big fan of VQ parts, but have read some pretty underwhelming stuff about their TG2000. Everybody sez, get a Kidd if you're gonna do a complete action upgrade.

...As cheap as they are I should have just replaced the entire assembly rather than just replacing the firing pin in my old bolt.

Those aren't bad prices

I didn't know you could get a factory bolt from another vendor and yeah, the price ain't bad at all, thanks, I learned something...

Originally Posted by enfield viewpost-right.png Come on guys -- this is a PICTURE thread. :)

No kidding, might as well change the title to 10-22 update page!

Here's a PICTURE to go with this post for youse guys:

LightenUpFrancis2.jpg

:rofl::P

- OS

Edited by OhShoot
added pic

Grandkids' "Army Gun" when they come to visit grandpa. I have set up an outdoor range with reactive targets, "Poppers", and they have a ball shooting their way through the course ( I walk it through with them.) Rifle is SS Walmart "special". TAPCO stock, foregrip and sling. Light is a Glock light that I thought was rather large to be used on the G26 it came on. The sight is a Bushnell Trophy Red Dot. Only mods to rifle was a nylon buffer pin. I use standard 10 shot Ruger stock mags, had no luck with any, including steel lipped, after market high cap mags. Kids get frustrated with jams and I haven't had any with stock rotary mags. Stoke it with Wally World Federal 550 ammo and have had no problems to date. Little guys love it!

8FD65354E2B942D796020E3D9C23B516.jpg

I killed a groundhog with mine, at about a 15 ft range. It takes a LOOOONG time to get within 15 ft of a groundhog.

It took me 2 evenings to discover his habits and, on the third evening, I was there before he was.

Oh I know. But in my opinion, once you shoot a kidd, you never want to use a different trigger.

I've read great things about the Kidd. It's the best thing out there for a 10-22. It's also almost 300 bucks. Great for building a match rifle, but over the top for a skunk gun.

I've read great things about the Kidd. It's the best thing out there for a 10-22. It's also almost 300 bucks. Great for building a match rifle, but over the top for a skunk gun.

Absolutely agree. But after a friend bought a rifle with a Kidd trigger on it and I got to play with, I just can't feel the same about any of my guns anymore. If you get the chance to shoot one, you will know the feeling that I am talking.