Need a new gun belt

My last one was a gift, so I am not sure who the manufacturer is.

I started shopping and saw prices $60 / $80 / $100

I don't want to cheap out, but is there a decent 1-1/2" belt out there for less than $50?

Application is for IWB carry, Ruger SP101 in a High Noon Hidden Ally or LCR in a Kholster

Thanks,

GtG

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been using a Don Hume for about 10 years...the same one.

It still looks great and is the best belt I've ever used.

The B-109 series...

http://www.donhume.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=8&zenid=kkm3ukvdnnhq5do86504mjqmc0

PS. I use and prefer 1.25" belts. Hume's 1.25" offers plenty of stability and is more appropriate for "dressier" occasions.

Hume has 1.5" belts as well.

Edited by TN-popo

Erik88 - thanks for the link, with un-tucked shirts, not worried about the scratches.

TN-popo - I think I want a 1 - 1/2", all my casual / work pants have larger belt loops.

gregintenn - not sure if I want a single or double, for casual / work wear, my shirts are 99% un-tucked. Since cutting out all the fast food, I am back down to a 31" waist.

Guest grays
The Wilderness Instructor belt is awesome. Palmetto State Armory has them and at a good price. They're running a %10 off sale right now too.

I got one of these wilderness belts around march sometime and I looks and feels brand new still.

I got a 1.5 at the flea market in Jonesborough last year and they cut to fit. pick your style and width. Of course I went to bibs and belt loops seem to be missing. :poop:

Going from a 34 to a 40 waist in 2 years after I quit smoking, it put a bulge in the middle.

I had a leather shop in Franklin make a couple for me while I waited, and watched because I thought it was interesting. They we're $30 each and they stamped revolvers about every inch into the black one and Smith (revolver) Wesson in the back of the brown one. They have held up great. Not sure this info is really going to help you, but if you have a leather shop in town it might be worth stopping by and seeing what they can make for you.

I also have two Spec Ops belts that I love. I would rather have leather if I carried in an outside of the pants holster, but I wear the Spec Ops belt every day now....actually yeah, pretty much every day since I bought the first one. I bought the second one ($15 btw) because I liked the first one so much I wanted one to put with my multi-cam gear.

http://www.botachtactical.com/spbebdube1.html

They have a more heavy duty version called the "Riggers Belt" that might be better if you're carrying, however I've had no trouble carrying IWB with the Better BDU. It sinches up tight and never loosens up, even during running, etc.

Edited by Kenstaroni
Guest VolGrad

In that price range I suggest the Wilderness Tactical 5 Stitch.

If you want leather and can go a bit higher check out A&G Custom Gunleather. He's good people and makes a quality product .... equal to The Beltman IMO.

Wilderness would be my first choice. SOE makes a good belt. Many places to buy a good leather belt. I had one of the 5.11 belts that are inexpensive. I think they make an inexpensive belt and a more expensive true tactical belt. The cheaper one is junk. There is no comparison except the similar appearance between that 5.11 and the Wilderness belt.

I need to find a good leather shop that can make a belt for me. The saddle shop in Triune, TN took my measurement and order back in March. Even though I called once to check on it and they were so busy they hadnt gotten to it a month later, they must have lost my order before they ever got around to making it. If my business meant no more than that, I need to shop elsewhere, so here I am still needing a good leather belt. I'll give my hard earned money to someplace that wants my business. (Off soapbox, Thanks.) Any Mid TN local businesses I should support?

Thanks for all the advice, now to narrow it down!

A good friend also recommended the Spec Ops Better BDU.

The Carhartt is a great looking belt!

I do like the instant gratification available at Greene's

What about the military surplus place on Alcoa Highway - anyone been in there?

Guest Supergo

Just bought a 5.11 belt and it cost me $39.99, if I was a smaller size I would pick up one of the closeouts quick. Good belt, great price.