Carrying in Clarksville - Nothing is posted.

I've had my HCP and been carrying locally around Clarksville for three months now and other than the police station, I haven't seen a single business that is posted for no firearms.

Those of you that travel more than me, can you tell me, is Clarksville not posted as much as other towns? I see all these posts about different restaurants and businesses with signs, but I never see them in Clarksville.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Bronker
...Clarksville not posted as much as other towns? I see all these posts about different restaurants and businesses with signs, but I never see them in Clarksville.

:P

Dickson either. It's mainly crazytowns central, west and east.

Consider, too, that while there may be several places in (for instance) Knoxville that are listed in the 'posted' thread, those are only a few - a handful, comparatively - of the thousands of businesses in the city. It would be annoying if one of those places were, say, your favorite restaurant, etc. but I honestly haven't noticed anywhere in Knoxville where I go with any regularity that is posted now and wasn't, before. Maybe that isn't the case in Nashville or Memphis, I don't know.

In the small town where I live (Loudon) the only things I can think off right off that are posted are the courthouse and the building where the county offices (County Mayor, etc.) are located. Off the top of my head, I can't think of a single private business in Loudon (or in Sweetwater, Madisonville or even Athens for that matter) that is posted. There may be some but nothing I have noticed.

Guest bowfish12

Clarksville Dept. of Electricity is posted. Outback is posted. Gas and Water Dept. might be not sure. Other than those and City Hall you should be good to go.

Clarksville Dept. of Electricity is posted. Outback is posted. Gas and Water Dept. might be not sure. Other than those and City Hall you should be good to go.

Add the Police Station and the Golden Jukebox to those and that makes seven places in a town of 150,000. The Golden Jukebox is a local redneck bar with a sign on the door in mailbox letters that says "NO GUNS ALLOWED". Not that a sign would stop any of the clientele in that place. Hehehehehe.

I'm more a Logan's kinda guy myself. Couldn't say the last time I'd been to Outback.

Guest bowfish12

Only reason I go to Outback is the lady likes it. Shoguns is where it's at.

When I was about 6 or 7 my granddad used to take me to the Golden Jukebox. Things were different 20 years ago.

Guest Bronker

Re: Grandpa's...It had always had a typed up sign on the door, but so signage. However, the last several times I have been up there, the sign was gone. I carry in there every time.

Guest bowfish12

I went into Grandpa's a couple weeks ago, looked around out front and never saw a sign. Not sure why they would be posted, they sell guns, ammo, etc.

Guest 6.8 AR
I went into Grandpa's a couple weeks ago, looked around out front and never saw a sign. Not sure why they would be posted, they sell guns, ammo, etc.

Yeh, that does seem ironic. I bought my first pistol there.

Went to grandpas 2 weekends ago, and yes it was posted. On the inner door I believe it was.

Didn't go in, will not give my hard earned money to those who who fear those who take their

own safety and lives into their own hands.

blackhorse had a sign but it was a tiny little red circle with a gun and slash on it in the lower corner of the window by the front door. havent been there for quite awhile.

i did look at shoguns last night. they never had a sign out front that i remember but they did have a sign behind the bar stating what the punishment would be for having a weapon. i did not even see that sign last night.

Oh the Golden Juke Box, Gotta love the local redneck bar. I used to go in there with some of my fraternity brothers when I was in school. Haven't been in about a year. We would go there to people watch and drink a little beer. We made friends with the older woman behind the bar and she would from time to time give us a free pitcher of beer. Last time I was in the Black Horse a (few weeks ago) there was no sign or I didn't see one. there is not one at the Front page Deli.

Guest 6.8 AR

I wonder when Lincoln Homes and Summit Heights get posted like the fed

has in AZ. "Warning don't enter the projects, illegal guns may be here".

I remember there used to be a sign at the entrance to Lincoln Homes

that stated "this area off limits to military personnel".

Just an aside about signs in Clarksville:D

Guest trigem

O'man,

Good thing I conceal carry, I didn't see a posted sign at Outback's:cool:

Guest trigem
Went to grandpas 2 weekends ago, and yes it was posted. On the inner door I believe it was.

Didn't go in, will not give my hard earned money to those who who fear those who take their

own safety and lives into their own hands.

I've asked them about the sign, they told me not to worry, just keep concealed, they did a major upgrade in the gun dept, very nice

Guest trigem
I remember a year or so ago the Mall was posted, any one know if it is now. Have not been there

in over a year, too many people, fruits and weirdos. Neighbor told me the other day that it was posted.

They have signs on most of the doors with a general list of contraband very small writing, all mixed together