Glock condition 1

Guest grays

Guest grays

Hey people, I have been carrying a g19 for about 4 months now and have been carrying in condition three. After watching some of the videos on here like.. +1 for the good guys and the jewelry guy getting shot to death because he couldn't chamber a round in time I want to start carrying in condition one. What do you guys suggest doing to make sure I am safe in condition one? Are there training classes just for glock or that stress condition 1 carry...

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest mikedwood

I was concerned at 1st. The for a couple of days l cocked it empty then put in the may. It never fired till I pulled the trigger.

Main thing is to pay 100% attention when holstering. Keep jackets,clothes and fingers away from the trigger and you should be OK.

Oh also have a good holster that covers the trigger and has some kind of retention. Like a thumb break.

Guest GLOCKGUY
IMHO, a gun without a round in the chamber is no better than a brick.

I carried a glock for a while and never had a problem condition 1. keep your finger off the trigger an you will never have a problem.

+1... I couldn't of said it better and I will add, a good holster that covers the trigger like a Crossbreed Supertuck. :)

Guest Caveman

I agree with all the above. I have been carrying my G22 for over two years (just switched to a G20 :)) and never have had a problem. I always have one in the pipe as I see no reason to carry otherwise, but I am anal about trigger control and safety. All my holsters fully cover the trigger as well.

My stepmother was concerned about this as well, so I took my gun out - which is an XD, but operates very similarly - emptied it and showed her it was empty. I then threw it on the ground. I didn't drop it, I threw it, with force. Actually it was on the carpeted floor, but it was hard enough that if the gun was going to go off without pulling the trigger, it definitely would have. More than a 3 story drop's worth of force. I then showed her that it still went "click" when I pulled the trigger. I did this about 5 times total and it never fired without the trigger being pulled. Feel free to try it yourself. It won't shoot unless you pull the trigger. Or watch this video.

If seeing the video and trying it yourself don't convince you, then carry how you see fit. Hope this helps.

Hey people, I have been carrying a g19 for about 4 months now and have been carrying in condition three. ... I want to start carrying in condition one.....

So what is Glock Condition 2?

Btw, you sound perfect for an XD (grip safety).

- OS

that video made me cringe a little bit.

Neither of my carry guns have safties on them. Honestly, if you are safe in handling and have a holster that covers the trigger, I would be more worried about having it ready when you need it than the gun going off unintentionally. This is why I always keep one in the chamber and if there were a saftey, I wouldn't use it. Can you image how bad you would crap your pants if you drew on a BG trying to kill you and your gun didn't go off? Would you remember to check the safety or would you just freeze?

Guest grays

Ah I went out to wally world and home depot tonight and carried in condition 1 and no one died so I guess ill make the change lol

I have to admit that I disregarded the advice of many on TGO and carried with an empty chamber for the first couple of days after getting my permit. It just made me nervous to have one in the pipe. Once I was confident that the gun wouldn't go off until I wanted it to, I got over it and started carrying in cond one. I also stopped pulling my shirt down, or checking to see if I was printing, and all the other bad habits I had as a newbie permit holder.

Just listen to the advice about having a good holster and being careful, and you'll be fine.

So what is Glock Condition 2?

Btw, you sound perfect for an XD (grip safety).

- OS

Taken from online search

Condition One: Ready To Rock

In Condition One, the pistol has a cartridge in the chamber and a fall magazine inserted into the magazine well. This state of readiness occurs just prior to firing the gun.

In Condition One, a Glock handgun is brought into action simply by being brought on target. When placed on the trigger, the shooter's finger disengages the safety lever located in the middle of the trigger.

In Condition One, 1911 pistols are in a mechanical state commonly called "cocked and locked." In this mode, the hammer is back and the thumb safety is up and in a locked or "safe" no-fire position. The magazine is full and in place.

To bring into action, the 1911 is brought on target, the thumb safety depressed into fire mode and the trigger is accessed. The 1911 also requires that the grip safety located at the back of the frame be depressed in order to fire the pistol.

In Condition One, a firearm is in its fullest state of readiness. The operator is simply required to draw or present the pistol to the threat and apply the mechanics necessary to make the pistol fire. Condition One would be a correct choice when it is necessary to carry the pistol in a state of readiness for potential imminent use.

Condition Two: Dangerous And Awkward

In Condition Two, the pistol has a cartridge in the chamber and a full magazine in place. Glocks cannot be carried in Condition Two as they have no external hammer. When a 1911 is carried in Condition Two, the thumb safety is off and the hammer is down. The grip safety is still in place but does not come into play until the hammer is brought back for firing.

This Condition of Carry offers the dual disadvantage of being both dangerous and awkward. To bring the pistol into action, the operator must first cock the hammer to the rear, making this method of operation slower than the "cocked-and-locked" method of Condition One. Furthermore, Condition. Two could be dangerous if the hammer slips during the risky "dropping" process or if the gun itself is accidentally dropped while in this hammer-down mode. This mode of carry is not recommended under any circumstances.

Condition Three: Is It Child Proof?

In Condition Three the chamber is empty and a full magazine is in place in the magazine well. Condition Three is applicable in both the 1911 and Glock systems and is a common method of carry for military organizations around the world.

Condition 1 (G26) is the only way I carry at the moment.

Go to a couple of higher level handgun classes where they teach you the draw and fire, misfire handling, reloads, etc. Not sure where Seymour is, but there's a couple of places in Memphis that can fix you up training-wise. This training will make you feel a lot better about this and as others have said. Condition 3 is no better than a brick. Yes, the Israelis have cornered the market on this, but sorry...I don't buy it. Originally it was a way to cover the same technique across multiple handgun types.

Condition 1 (G26) is the only way I carry at the moment.

Go to a couple of higher level handgun classes where they teach you the draw and fire, misfire handling, reloads, etc. Not sure where Seymour is, but there's a couple of places in Memphis that can fix you up training-wise. This training will make you feel a lot better about this and as others have said. Condition 3 is no better than a brick. Yes, the Israelis have cornered the market on this, but sorry...I don't buy it. Originally it was a way to cover the same technique across multiple handgun types.

eapking is right on. Classes, practice, training, confidence. Condition 1 is the only way i carry.

Guest TigerDirect

I agree with the others here that a carrying a gun without one in the pipe is like carrying a brick.

I had some apprehension when I first started carrying, but one of the great things about a Glock is that it absolutely will not fire unless you pull the trigger. As long as you have a holster that completely covers the trigger, and you learn how to draw and reholster safely, there is nothing to be worried about.

Taken from online search

Condition Two: Dangerous And Awkward

In Condition Two, the pistol has a cartridge in the chamber and a full magazine in place. Glocks cannot be carried in Condition Two as they have no external hammer. When a 1911 is carried in Condition Two, the thumb safety is off and the hammer is down. The grip safety is still in place but does not come into play until the hammer is brought back for firing.

This Condition of Carry offers the dual disadvantage of being both dangerous and awkward. To bring the pistol into action, the operator must first cock the hammer to the rear, making this method of operation slower than the "cocked-and-locked" method of Condition One. Furthermore, Condition. Two could be dangerous if the hammer slips during the risky "dropping" process or if the gun itself is accidentally dropped while in this hammer-down mode. This mode of carry is not recommended under any circumstances.

I think that was his point......

I've had the same apprehension, but after playing around with a few quality holsters (I carry either a G22 in a Supertuck, or an LCP in a Nemesis or Superfly depending on attire) - you realize that there is no way the trigger can get pulled accidentally.

Guest 10mm4me

1.Treat every weapon as if it were loaded

2 Never point a weapon at anything you don't want to die

3.Finger straight and off the trigger and you intend to fire.

Always keep a hot Glock in a holster until you are ready to fire. It is physically impossible for a Glock to fire unless the trigger is pulled. Carrying a handgun in cond. 3 is like wearin a seatbelt that is velcroed together. Yeah, technically it's on, but is it really gonna help you? Follows these simple rules and you will never have a problem. Break 1 of them, just once, and you or someone you love may not live to regret it. Gun safety is a serious issue.

Guest 70below

I remember years ago when I got my first Glock, it was only my second semi-automatic pistol, and first without a manual safety. It took me a while to get comfortable with the fact there was no manual safety to manipulate. After some time of regularly practicing and shooting my pistol, I got more and more comfortable with it, I begin carrying it regularly, even using a bit of extra caution. I became a correctional officer and carried my glock on and off duty on a regular basis, shot regularly, and it became little more worrysome than a flashlight. You still respect it, and what it can do, but you realize it won't do anything you don't "tell" it to do.

My best advice is shoot it, and carry it, and it will become comfortable to you.

Guest cheez

I can't believe nobody here has commented on how galactically stupid the guy in the video was for trashing the brand new Glock. I am going to save the video for some Glock naysayers in the future though. ;)

I did not know that there was any other way to carry except with one in the chamber. That is my second worst dream(not having a round in the chamber at the beginning of a fight). My worst nightmare is my gun not firing during a gunfight.