Glock condition 1

Guest grays

Guest Pig957

I carried a G22 for 4 yrs. with and without a holster - no problems. I now carry a G36 -- noooooo problems. Just keep your finger (and everything else away from the trigger).

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was uneasy carrying with one in the chamber at first, but i don't give it a 2nd thought now. Only thing that worries me is fumbling for it in the dark under stress. So at night it is partially inserted in my holster on the night stand... Night sites help you grab it quicker too.... Unless the intruder is already in the room, i'm probably going for the 12ga first anyway though.

Guest Roadkill Bill

My first carry pistol was a revolver. Just point and shoot. When I bought my Glock 21, it was just natural to carry it ready to go condition 1. Just point and shoot. I never thought of it as a big deal at all.

I did not know that there was any other way to carry except with one in the chamber. That is my second worst dream(not having a round in the chamber at the beginning of a fight). My worst nightmare is my gun not firing during a gunfight.

Always treat a gun as if it were loaded. That means it should always be loaded.

Never go to to a gun fight without a gun. Preferably the largest gun in the gun fight.

Edited by tnhawk

When I carry with a holster I keep a round in the chamber and use a holster that covers the trigger. When I pocket carry or use a belt clip, I keep a round in the chamber and use a trigger block.

Saf-T-Blok Safety / Protection saf-t-blok®, left handed, fits all-topglock.com

Some don't like them but I have tested mine and it pops out every time I put my finger inside the trigger guard but there is no way that something, shirt, pencil, whatever, can pull the trigger with it in place. I know, most will say that couldn't happen anyways....and you would probably be right. But stranger things have happened. As longs as it doesn't hurt, I am going to use it. On my G27, which would be the one I use in the pocket or with the belt clip, I also use a NY1 trigger. I figure if I ever have to use it, it will be up close and personal so I want to make sure I don't accidentally pull the trigger from the adrenaline rush that will most likely be taking place.

Guest Usagi

I've carried a GLOCK for two years. Every day, I verify there is a live round in the chamber.

My GLOCK has gone BOOM a number of times in the past two years - but NEVER without me (or someone else) pulling the trigger.

Guest yzfMrLee

Like many others have said. Won't be a problem carrying condition 1. I think it could be a big problem not to if the weapon is needed quickly. My EDC is a G19 in an iwb holster. Wouldn't carry any other way.

if your glock goes off without you pulling the trigger you are one bad mother trucker, when a glock is cocked locked and ready to rock its really only halfway ready to rock and only halfway cocked. when you pull the trigger you not only release the trigger safety but you also release the internal fireing pin safety thats just a round piece of steel that gets pushed up out of the way and also during your trigger pull you are pulling the fireing pin back to its full cocked position then boom the trigger breaks.

so dont be scared to carry your glock in cond. 1 just think of it as condition 1.5 :up:

im sure sombody has it and will post it but its a moving diagram of the fireing process on a glock

knox c.

Guest kirkosaurus
I can't believe nobody here has commented on how galactically stupid the guy in the video was for trashing the brand new Glock.

He didn't trash it. After cleaning it and replacing the sights it's now his daily carry gun.

• 1 year later...
Hey people, I have been carrying a g19 for about 4 months now and have been carrying in condition three. After watching some of the videos on here like.. +1 for the good guys and the jewelry guy getting shot to death because he couldn't chamber a round in time I want to start carrying in condition one. What do you guys suggest doing to make sure I am safe in condition one? Are there training classes just for glock or that stress condition 1 carry...

I know I'm digging up an old thread here but I stumbled across this one while Googling about carrying in condition 1. I do so with my 1911 but a good friend carries his G27 in condition 3. I'd like to get him a link to the jewelry guy video mentioned above. Can anyone help a brother out? Thanks!

E-95

Guest tnalways4me

Something about the term condition one just sounds kinda silly, IMO. It should be Code Red threat prevention. Or Merlin's beard, alpha squad. :)

Anyways, I carry my G19 with a round in the chamber every time I step outside my door, even if its just to get the mail. Inside my own house I keep it condition three because I am sometimes just chilling, doing housework or sitting with my woman. I don't like to have it in condition one when I don't need that extra reaction time. I feel like I would have enough time to chamber one if someone tried to kick in my door or jump through my window.

I think it would be silly to not carry it with one in the pipe, due to what users have told me here, because what if your other arm was hurt or you were holding a bad guys arm with a knife in his hand? There's a million situations you can play in your head that give the advantage to condition 1

At any one time I have had 3 guns, one fully auto either a 50. cal, 7.62, 5.56, one semi auto 5.56 both with fully exposed tiggers, and a 9MM Beretta in a Blackhawk Serpa holster that fully covers the trigger and requires a finger press to unlock the pistol from the holster to draw. All 3 no safety fully ready to fire. If your hands on (as in have the gun in your hand about to shoot) like said keep your finger straight forward. Finger tip on the side of the trigger guard is not a bad idea.

For the past 10 years I have at times been from 1 fully loaded ready to fire to a combination of the 3 listed above. Even with 3 at one time 2 with fully exposed triggers I have not once had a round go without myself pulling the trigger.

However I have known some people that have.

You have to respect the fact that any gun I don't care if it's a 22 can kill. Just be aware of the fact that it is ready to go, and get a holster that covers the trigger.

I never put my Glock back in the IWB holster with the holster in my pants. I carry at 5 O'clock and can't see if a shirt tail is in the trigger guard. I just take the holster out put the gun in and put the whole thing back in place. That's the only time I get nervous carrying a round in the chamber.

Basically it comes down to having a holster that regardless of the gun carried it cannot be fired in the holster period.

From there you need to be sure when you holster it, the holster is clear of any obstructions like a shirt. Second be sure you can draw without pulling the trigger.

Another though for everyone, don't know if it has been said. So far I only remeber practice your draw. All good and well, but you need to practice your draw as you carry. Meaning you need to get the gun past your shirt covering it, etc...

Practice drawing and coming to sight picture. I do this in front of a mirror. I use snap caps to practice dry fire, while drawing. Being keen and situationally aware of the condition of your weapon, and always keeping the trigger-finger straight and off the trigger whenever handling the weapon until you are ready to fire will help. Practice this without any other option, and it will get ingrained in you. The gun will not fire if the finger is off the trigger.

I read another post about being aware of the shirt tail being clear of the trigger guard. This is very true. That's why I always train with my cover shirt on. Train like you are in public.

Guest msparks
to be honest I didnt use a holster and sometimes pocket carried(G33) and I never worried...

Yikes.

I use a MIC holster when I pocket carry (usually my back pocket) the I know the trigger is protect again any snags that could happen. Otherwise I will carry in a dedicated glock holster designed to protect the trigger.

I always carry one in the pipe.

• 1 month later...