Wal-Mart news

TGO David

Worth noting is that the 100rd box of Winchester White Box FMJ 45acp target ammo has risen in price from $22.xx to $26.xx This in the past week. :-\

I posted this in another thread but at Wal Mart in Hermitage it's still $22.27 for 100 rd .45 WWB, just so no one is discouraged like I was before going in to check the price.

years ago when my dad had his own retail gun shop,wal-mart was selling 870 remington shotguns for less that he could buy them for from the distributors.i say buy from the overpriced local gun dealers and support them,not wal-mart. load your own ammo if possible. if wal-mart wants to stop selling then fine wish they would have done that years ago,i might be in the gun shop business now if they had. just my .02

Guest GlocKingTN
years ago when my dad had his own retail gun shop,wal-mart was selling 870 remington shotguns for less that he could buy them for from the distributors.i say buy from the overpriced local gun dealers and support them,not wal-mart. load your own ammo if possible. if wal-mart wants to stop selling then fine wish they would have done that years ago,i might be in the gun shop business now if they had. just my .02

I agree with him^^^^^^^^ Wally world acts like they dont have enough money to operate some dept's in there stores. But Please, He would (and could), wipe his a** with my money. Anyway, im just ranting!

Guest RN MEDIC

Like everything else, we all are free to buy where we wish. As for me, I have a good relationship established with good reliable well established locally owned gun/ffl dealers. Sometimes they are a little higher than Wal-Mart, but I tell them that they don't have to be the cheapest, just the best and they are. As they know I get my stuff from them AND send them customers, then when I have a problem with something, need a little mounting/fitting of something, they do it for me at no charge when they can rather than send me to the gunsmith. When something real nice comes in used that I've been looking for, it gets put back for me when I come in. Try any of this at Wal-Mart.

I know a LOT of people who have worked at Wal-Mart a long time. It is just like a different company now as compared to when Mr. Walton was running it. The web pages verify what individuals tell me about mistreatment of employees. Plus, they come into a town with prices below wholesale to put the locals out of business, then they go back up on their prices to where the locals could have competed had they still been around.

Like a lot of more experienced people, I like to have well established dealer to whom I can send new people knowing they will be treated right. My friends will help people select something appropriate for their needs and NOT try selling them some old junker at a big price. This type reliability and help is well worth paying for to me.

Respectfully, RNMEDIC

Kudos to RN Medic. 100% right on in my opinion.

There seems to be lots of variation in ammo proces from one Walmart to the next. In my experience Academy is consistent and less expensive. $5.96/box of 50 9mm CCI Blazer FMJ. This is less than Cabella's bulk 9mm, which uses once-used cases. But at least at my local Academy (Madison, TN), stock is always an issue. Whenever I am there, they either have nothing or I clean them out. Dick's (right across the st) seems to have less selection (hunting rounds mostly) and prices were higher, at least when I visited.

Reloading your own seems to make more and more sense from an economic perspective these days. But it takes time and training. I will say I have heard "Do you keep your brass?" more often at the range these days...

-L

• 1 month later...
Guest jackdog

Hey guys my son has been shooting a lot of and i bought a 1000 rds myself.

I checked with glock and they said that the use of the steel case ammo had not been an issue with there guns. got about 300 rds left put the price has gotten to the point that white box winchester from wally world is pretty close in cost.

Jackdog