• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest 6.8 AR

I felt the same way kb4ns did on the first shot, but after that one,

it just keeps getting better. There's just a bit of satisfaction knowing

you did it yourself.

There's just a bit of satisfaction knowing

you did it yourself.

Amen! And then there's the fun of experimenting. So far, I think I've purchased about 7 different types of powder and four different brands of primers, and that's all just for pistol loads.

Im am really wanting to try some new stuff soon,ask 10 guys and get 10 different answers//////..........231,WST,AA#7,PP etc etc its never ending

You're right.. Endless possibilities. That's what makes it fun! I just started reloading not too long ago and I just purchased my second kind of powder. I was using Unique for 45ACP, but I just bought a lb of AA#5. Haven't shot any yet, but I have found that it meters very accurately in a Lee Perfect Powder Measure where Unique is +/- 0.2gn typically. I want to get a chronograph so I can see what the loads are actually doing in my gun. How they "feel" and perceived accuracy can only tell you so much.

One suggestion I have is this: Write everything down when you work up a load. Bullet, powder, any performance notes. That way after you have tried dozens of combinations you can go back and see what worked best for you and your guns. Reloading really seems to be an entirely separate hobby within the shooting sports. I'm certainly enjoying it. Sounds like you are as well!

One suggestion I have is this: Write everything down when you work up a load. Bullet, powder, any performance notes. That way after you have tried dozens of combinations you can go back and see what worked best for you and your guns.

I second this. I have a spreadsheet on my computer that I keep the best loads in. I also have a notebook that I use to jot down notes while I'm at the range. Just when I figure out what works best, I go on and try something else! :)

I just started reloading 40 s&w a few weeks ago and I had the scare as kb4ns. In fact, I rented a gun at the range so I wouldn't blow mine up. :up:

Peri

now that's pretty funny. I'm just getting started with 38 specials and haven't shot one yet, maybe this week. I've been saving my 9mm brass and have a little over 1,000 but haven't bought bullets or powder for them yet.

That's why most gun ranges that rent guns require you to only shoot their ammo. At least I know that RangeUSA's rules. Not sure about the others. I've never seen them stand over anyone and watch what ammo they put in the gun, but it wouldn't be hard to tell if it was their ammo or not after the gun blew up. :)

That's why most gun ranges that rent guns require you to only shoot their ammo. At least I know that RangeUSA's rules. Not sure about the others. I've never seen them stand over anyone and watch what ammo they put in the gun, but it wouldn't be hard to tell if it was their ammo or not after the gun blew up. :)

Thats a fact..as I rented many there.......The reload ammo is high though,I think I paid like 17 bucks for a box there of 9MM.

Hence why I learned to reload my own ...just finished off 150 more rds with a few experimental s marked off for evaluation.......

Gonna hit RUSA this weekend and give em a shot

Thats a fact..as I rented many there.......The reload ammo is high though,I think I paid like 17 bucks for a box there of 9MM.

Hence why I learned to reload my own ...just finished off 150 more rds with a few experimental s marked off for evaluation.......

Gonna hit RUSA this weekend and give em a shot

Addicting ain't it? :)