cold steel safekeeper II Legality

Guest devonjevon

Guest devonjevon

I am looking into buying the cold steel safemaker II but im wondering if its legal to carry. the blade is under 4 inchs.

Also It is an A-symetrical grind so whats the best way to sharpen them?

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes it is legal to carry. The only restriction on carrying knives is that the blade be 4" or less from the tip to the hilt.

I wonder if the Safekeeper II design might be more than 4" all the way to hilt? I'm pretty sure CS only counts the 3 3/4" on the sharpened area.

But further, is there some definitive ruling about the "to the hilt", as I see that stated here from time to time?

Meaning, the statue only says "..a knife with a blade length exceeding four inches", and there is no further mention of that in the definitions section either.

Certainly, the narrow section of the push knife is not a "blade".

- OS

The problem is that measuring to the guard or handle of a conventional design is conflicted enough when you have a ricasso or choil. WE'D argue that only the portion that is sharpened should count, but that's not the way that some officers or courts consider it. In a case like a push dagger it wouldn't surprise me to see the tip to the grip measured.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

TRADING POST NOTICE

Before engaging in any transaction of goods or services on TGO, all parties involved must know and follow the local, state and Federal laws regarding those transactions.

TGO makes no claims, guarantees or assurances regarding any such transactions.

THE FINE PRINT

Tennessee Gun Owners (TNGunOwners.com) is the premier Community and Discussion Forum for gun owners, firearm enthusiasts, sportsmen and Second Amendment proponents in the state of Tennessee and surrounding region.

TNGunOwners.com (TGO) is a presentation of Enthusiast Productions. The TGO state flag logo and the TGO tri-hole "icon" logo are trademarks of Tennessee Gun Owners. The TGO logos and all content presented on this site may not be reproduced in any form without express written permission. The opinions expressed on TGO are those of their authors and do not necessarily reflect those of the site's owners or staff.

TNGunOwners.com (TGO) is not a lobbying organization and has no affiliation with any lobbying organizations.  Beware of scammers using the Tennessee Gun Owners name, purporting to be Pro-2A lobbying organizations!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to the following.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.