Ladies Introduction to the AR

Guest BillOfRightsFan

Guest BillOfRightsFan

Hello everyone. It's been a while since I even logged in to these forums. Glad to be back and I have some news. I introduced two friends to the fun of target shooting. They are both new to shooting even though one is from East Tennessee with a father who is an avid shooter and the other from Los Angeles where shooting is, of course, a way of life it seems!

The weather was hot but since we were at the Stones River Hunters Education Center there was more than adequate breeze from their enormous fans. The park also has a great teaching center. I asked for permission and was granted the use of their main room so that I could teach the ladies about the rifle they were going to shoot and about range safety. We went over the basic list of range safety rules and then proceeded to understand how the rifle worked. The rifle in question is my AR-15 with collapsible stock, flat top, 16" HBAR and eotech HWS. I taught them how to use the iron sights (later on the range we used the HWS). How to hold the rifle, flip the safety and trigger discipline.

The first set of shots were predictably not great though one of them managed to shoot a bullseye in her first group. After some corrections they hit nothing but x-ring until the heat got to them and they started to drop their aim point.

Overall everyone had a fun time. Many thanks to the RSOs at Stones River who made it a wonderful day.

And here are photos as I know without them "it didn't happen"!

Lucie-range.jpg

The purse doesn't match the recon harness but the shirt does.

Rosie-range.jpg

The Mag-well grip is of course prefered at finishing school

target-range.jpg

Only one shot failed to break the target circle. I think they got this one covered.

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Halfpint

Glad y'all had a good time . . . my girlfriend has been a long-time shooter but never really cared for fighting rifles until I let her shoot one of mine. Now, she has to have one of her own . . . hey works for me :rolleyes:

Awesome pics, whenever the Memphis area TGO folks can get a connection to some land I think we'll be posting a lot of AR pics too.

Guest KimberChick
Glad y'all had a good time . . . my girlfriend has been a long-time shooter but never really cared for fighting rifles until I let her shoot one of mine. Now, she has to have one of her own . . . hey works for me :rolleyes:

Awesome pics, whenever the Memphis area TGO folks can get a connection to some land I think we'll be posting a lot of AR pics too.

Haha, yeah, well....

I only have pics of Daelith and you shooting yours from our last Call to Arms. I should post those, lol.

Guest BillOfRightsFan

One of the ladies is now talking about getting her own gun and the other is set to inherit a massive armory. They really enjoyed it. They realized that real guns weigh more than Hollywood props! Plus now they get why target practice is so much fun.