Well, I broke my neck.....

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Glock23ForMe

Wishing you the best recovery.... I guess you need to sell a bunch to pay for that LifeFlight... :sick:

Just kidding... Good luck, I'd be there if I could

Guest Jcochran88
No.

I was also not wearing my 5 point seat harness.

Was I a complete retard? yep!

I am literally luck to be alive? yep!

Will I ever drive that thing again without my harness on? NOPE!

Well lesson learned, glad to hear your recovering!

Guest jackdm3
Well glad you can joke about it....literally that you CAN! :sick:. Glad you are ok!

My best friend in college (UTK) around '90 was on his Ninja 1000 and had the same injuries as yours, except he coma'd for about ten days. Feel better?

Damn dude, Glad to hear you are in one piece. I knew you were stout but, f**k, that's some serious damage.

Any physical therapy going on or were you able to slip by in that?

I had a good friend of mine shatter his c2 and break c3,4, and 5 while we were out riding dirtbikes together. What a **** sandwich of a situation. No exact directions, I was able to get them close enough to find us. Ended up having to stabilize him while waiting for Liflelight and the paramedics. Then the call to his wife.... But, he was stout as well. Walked out of the hospital 3 weeks later over to the inpatient physical therapy. He's back to his, almost, normal thing going on. He still has some nerve and motor control issues on the right side of his body and it's been almost three years since the accident so most likely they are permanent. I keep telling him he's just being lazy and he doesn't have to ham it up around me. It always gets him going.

Glad to hear you didn't have any of that to go through. I'll try to make it down to see you one day soon.

-Mike

Guest mustangdave

Well Joe...glad you're ok...I truly hope there is no long term damage...but you might think about a custom modified wheel chair/POWER CHAIR/cobra gunship vehicle...just in case.

Guest KimberChick
I'm glad you're ok, Joe . . . just had to go and prove you crusty old army dogs are tougher than a new-breed jarhead, huh? ;)

This coming from a guy who won't get in my race kart...I just had to. :D

Glad you're ok. Don't take it off sweet jumps anymore, k? ;)

Guest drv2fst

Glad to hear you are recovering well. I got my Porsche airborne at over 100mph last year. Was very lucky to walk away. Sometimes we just don't have control over the situation that we thought we had.

Glad you are basically OK. Yep wear the melon protector next time.

I have had several four wheeler incidents but nothing as severe as yours. Learned my lesson after breaking my collarbone flipping backwards down a hill, had a helmet on or I doubt I would be here right now. Had another wreck at very slow putt putt speed where the A-arm broke, barrel rolled it. Just a while earlier I had been going flat out on it, about 60 mph. Somebody watched out for a fool that day.