-10 For Range USA and my reputation

Links2k

As some of you know I have been a big fan of RUSA and have had nothing negative to say about them on this forum. That ends today. I sold a pistol to a gentleman in Wy last week and he promptly sent payment which I received (3) days later. Within a hour of receiving payment I took the pistol to RUSA (friday 8/6). I went to RUSA because they had received a pistol for me in the past so I was feeling good about them.

I took the pistol inside and told the lady that I wanted to ship the pistol to a ffl in WY. After her response "You know that you can ship that yourself thru FedEx or UPS" I should have taken my pistol and left, but I didn't because I liked/trusted them to get the job done. I filled out the required paperwork, paid a premium fee for shipping, gave her custody of the gun and left feeling confident that my buyer would have his gun in short order.

Well, when I called monday to see if it had shipped I am told no, because the owner had not been in, but "it should ship today". Tuesday was more of the same. "It's going out today". The entire time I have a buyer roasting my ass because I have his money and RUSA when they talk to him is telling him that the pistol has shipped but no one can give him a tracking number because the owner is not there.

They finally shipped the pistol yesturday (wednesday) evening at 4:30. The buyer is pissing mad and I am pissed because whenever I called they (RUSA) made me feel like I was bothering them. This is really bad business. I will never do any transfers with them again.

It is a shame, because in my opinion they have the best range in the area. Thanks for letting me rant. I feel better now.

Edited by LINKS2K
  • Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest jackdm3
Have you checked your wallet left?

"Left"? No. It's in the other room. Should I wheel it in where the light's better?

And how did you know I keep it on the left side?

Practically all the good counter employees have left now. I suspect with the loss of quite a few key staff members you'll only see more posts like this. I went in there a couple weeks ago to shoot for the first time since I quit over a year ago, I won't be back. I'll fork over the money for MSSA instead.

I haven't been to RUSA in a long time (don't like shooting indoors much), but I always got GREAT service there. Been a rash of folks having bad experiences lately (not just here on TGO), did they sell the place to new owners or something?

Guest Glock23ForMe

We're going to buy it... And name it, "The Official TGO Shooting Range - West" and then we need to buy other ones and name them "The Official TGO Shooting Range - Middle" and "The Official TGO Shooting Range - East" and shoot ALL THE TIME...

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Guest Halfpint

To somewhat get this thread back on topic . . .

Thats bad, but why would you pay someone to do something you can easily do? Sounds kinda dumb...
To That Guy and Links2K . . . Pretty much anybody can ship a long gun, but it has to end up at a dealer. As I've always done it--and I've worked in the gun business going on 4 years now--handguns HAVE to be shipped dealer to dealer. I may be wrong, and if I am, I apologize up front, but I've been doing this a while and that's how it's always, repeatedly, been explained to me.

Thread in general: I've heard a handful of bad experiences at Range USA, mostly recent, but personally it's always been enjoyable. I know they've lost some good employees--not sure the reason, though I'll eventually find out, I'm sure--and I think I kind of have an idea of what's going on . . . If it's true that there are problems at RUSA, I hope they get worked out as soon as possible. Stand by for more on that whole situation as I can find out additional info.

...handguns HAVE to be shipped dealer to dealer. .

Not true. An individual may ship a handgun to a dealer.

From the ATF website:

Q: May a nonlicensee ship a firearm by common or contract carrier? A nonlicensee may ship a firearm by a common or contract carrier to a resident of his or her own State or to a licensee in any State. A common or contract carrier must be used to ship a handgun. In addition, Federal law requires that the carrier be notified that the shipment contains a firearm and prohibits common or contract carriers from requiring or causing any label to be placed on any package indicating that it contains a firearm.

[18 U.S.C. 922(a)(2)(A), 922(a) (3), 922(a)(5) and 922(e), 27 CFR 478.31 and 478.30]

Guest Halfpint

Thanks :D As I said, I wasn't 100% sure of the fact, just my experiences. As I said I would, I apologize for stating something incorrect.

. . . Bear in mind, if the employee is observant enough to know that you're shipping something to a gun shop, FedEx will request a copy of your FFL, as they've done to me on almost every occasion (1-2x a week, for pretty much 4 years straight) that I've shipped guns for the shop where I work.