-10 For Range USA and my reputation

Links2k

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Legally, an individual can ship a handgun to a dealer. It does not have to be sent FFL to FFL. However, it does have to go Overnight, and some FFLs will not accept transfers from an individual.
Actually, the bolded part is a matter of policy for the individual carriers, not a matter of law. FWIW...
Practically all the good counter employees have left now. I suspect with the loss of quite a few key staff members you'll only see more posts like this. I went in there a couple weeks ago to shoot for the first time since I quit over a year ago, I won't be back. I'll fork over the money for MSSA instead.

I've noticed a change in athe attitude of the counter employees the last few weeks. Also someone is trying to cut costs by shutting off the AC in the range.

Guest Glock23ForMe
My buyer got the pistol yesturday and he is very pleased. That is the only up side to this mess.

Finally, for you.... I bet this was a big headache. Someone thinking you screwed them and then you trying to get it there.... ugh.

. In addition, Federal law requires that the carrier be notified that the shipment contains a firearm

That part is wrong, even though BATF puts it in their FAQ.

Notification is required only if NOT going to a FFL.

Read the actual law they reference.

- OS

I've noticed a change in athe attitude of the counter employees the last few weeks. Also someone is trying to cut costs by shutting off the AC in the range.

Some of the employees are actually behaving as if customers are bothering them.

Finally, for you.... I bet this was a big headache. Someone thinking you screwed them and then you trying to get it there.... ugh.

This situation sucked big time. Now I know why some people won't ship.

Edited by LINKS2K
AC was off and the exhaust system was off/broken when I went in a few weeks ago.

Wow, I thought I was sweating like a pig because of the spare tire. They may as well be Top Brass if they are not going to turn on the exhaust/ac.

Guest jackdm3

They're dealing with pumping in cold air for you and pumping out some of that smoke as well as some of the cold air ... for you. Heat indexes lately are around 115. You know they're not scrimping on cooling when all other areas in the building are nice. I've been to that place on Lamar and it was warm AND smoky. Rangemaster is a bit cooler but smokier than RUSA. Pick your poison.

Guest db99wj
They're dealing with pumping in cold air for you and pumping out some of that smoke as well as some of the cold air ... for you. Heat indexes lately are around 115. You know they're not scrimping on cooling when all other areas in the building are nice. I've been to that place on Lamar and it was warm AND smoky. Rangemaster is a bit cooler but smokier than RUSA. Pick your poison.

Yep, cooling a wide open large area is hard enough in 100 degree, 115plus heat index weather with lows above 80 degrees in a metal building, then add a ventilation system to the mix and you are sucking money right out the vents. It is an ongoing battle any range has during the heat of the summer. The opposite to some degree in the winter, luckly our area doesn't really get that cold for long periods.

I was in a warehouse this morning, it was stifling at 8:30 am. I was soaking wet by the time I was done. I went onto the roof....wow. Typically AC can only cool 15-20 degrees cooler than the outside temp is what I have heard.

The rest of the stuff, I hope they correct the issues.

My poison is starting to look more and more like Sportsmans Choice in Brighton.

My buyer got the pistol yesturday and he is very pleased. That is the only up side to this mess.

When I had my gun in consignment at Range USA, the only time I received service is when I filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau and contacted the owner Scott Kilbry.

From what I have experienced and what I have read it seems as if our favorite range is in serious trouble.

I'm honestly surprised there hasn't been some sort of PR move to combat this. When I worked there, just about every employee there posted or lurked here. So either all those employees are gone, I think most are, they don't care, or they just have bigger problems.

Guest jackdm3
I'm honestly surprised there hasn't been some sort of PR move to combat this. When I worked there, just about every employee there posted or lurked here. So either all those employees are gone, I think most are, they don't care, or they just have bigger problems.

I believe they should, as Tom (Rangemaster) joined TGO for the sole purpose of damage control Fall of last year during the "RUSA vs Rangemaster" poll. But to do so would come across as obvious and desperate. The TGOers that spoke up for or against either range then are of the same opinion now regarding the A/C. That's to say, those that said they preferred Rangemaster back then are saying the same now. One last twist of the dagger.

Hey Link, how about next time just skip the hassle and post the gun for sale here on TGO? What happened to you is unfortunate but at least you can now take your business elsewhere and feel good about it.

I always list my pistols here first. I guess everyone was broke or satisfied with what they had in the safe. The TRP sold on TGO and a guy in Wyoming got a very good price on the Les Baer. We were both happy with the deal until the poor CS.

What are they going to say? We screwed up royally, we dropped the ball, here is partial refund. The way that they behaved I don't think that the employees cared at all.

What are they going to say? We screwed up royally, we dropped the ball, here is partial refund. The way that they behaved I don't think that the employees cared at all.

The employees probably didn't, but the business owner probably does. I would hope he does anyway. One thing about running a gun shop/range is it is hard to find good employees I think. For every 1 good employee you have 10 who just want to work there for cheap gear,guns, and to feel like they are special. Those people don't care about you or your gun problem and that's a problem.