Memphis "Call To Arms" for August

Guest jackdm3

Guest jackdm3

Range USA, Sunday 1PM, 22nd
(Unless I get lots of PMs in favor of 3ish)

If they'll have us, we'd love to spend a little money there. However, it's not necessary to shoot, as many of us spend more time in the "1776 Diner." We'll meet in a classroom first, if available or else, the diner. You may be asked to disarm for ammo for the classrooms.

Free Firearm Rentals
- Say what?! You read it right! All $10.00 firearm rentals cost you nothing during this promotion. You are required to purchase our ammunition on the day of the rental to fire through our rentals. Higher priced rentals are still regular price.

18 months for 12 months
- Say what, again?! Yes...we're serious. Purchase any Range USA annual membership during this promotion and get 6 months for FREE! Plus, all First Responders can
still
use your discount to purchase it!

Say it again.
YOU DO NOT HAVE TO SPEND ON AMMO OR A LANE TO VISIT WITH US.

2770 Whitten Rd.

Memphis, TN (Bartlett area) 38133

213-4181

Range USA, Inc.

901-213-4774 - Office

2770 Whitten Road

901-213-4181 - Fax

Memphis, TN 38133

1-866-RANGE USA - Toll Free

Edited by jackdm3
  • Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Based on everything I've been hearing about RUSA lately, I'm wondering if there isn't somewhere else we should look into.

I'm def not shooting indoors with no AC.

I was gonna go tomorrow with the Mrs,but maybe well go Sunday instead.....

They do turn off the AC in the range at night , not the best move IMO and I am not sure

they have a vent sucking out the smoke but I feel ya pain dood

Edited by SonnyCrockett
Guest Halfpint

Barring anything coming up, me and KC should be there . . . hopefully, whatever is going on at RUSA will have been at least somewhat ironed out by then, and things will run smoothly like they used to.

It got too hot during our last meet there. I can't imagine what it would be like next Sunday. This week has been super freaking tough on me , my job keeps me outdoors too much. I'm really jonesing to shoot my new AR but this heat is keeping indoors on my day off.

Guest canynracer
was there today and it was a sweatbox and had to leave after shooting one box of ammo and was really bothered

by the situation...Owner needs to crack open his checkbook!

One undersized swamp cooler is not going to get the job done

Please dont misunderstand, the "swamp cooler" is a loaner, the air conditioning IS ON...the Port-A-Cool fan was given as a trial to see if it helps get more air flow, and cool things down...be assured, the heat is a HUGE concern, and attempts are being made to try to address it.

Guest canynracer

Hi guys. I have been asked to inform you that TGO will have a classroom for the meet and greet. I have also be asked to inform you that the owner of the Range, Scott Kilby, will be onsite specifically for the get together, to meet everyone answer any questions and address any concerns.

We hope this will help open communication lines, provide some answers, and quell any out of control rumors that may be floating around...He is VERY open to suggestions from the customers.

We hope to see you all there.

Guest db99wj

Unfortunately, I will not be able to attend due to a prior engagement, actually 2 of them with my family. I might be able to pull off a 1pm showing, for about 15 minutes, but not sure.

Guest jackdm3
Hi guys. I have been asked to inform you that TGO will have a classroom for the meet and greet. I have also be asked to inform you that the owner of the Range, Scott Kilby, will be onsite specifically for the get together, to meet everyone answer any questions and address any concerns.

We hope this will help open communication lines, provide some answers, and quell any out of control rumors that may be floating around...He is VERY open to suggestions from the customers.

We hope to see you all there.

I've never missed a meet yet. Count me in!

Guest Halfpint

Kris and I will be there, possibly a few minutes late, as well as a young lady named Amanda. She's jdi371's (Justin's) girlfriend on here, not sure if she's a member. Looking forward to seeing everyone again. :angel:

Guest countryfirecracker

Yes, halfpint.....lol. I will be there....(its Amanda, Justins girlfriend).....I am a member actually. But i just signed up though. :death: lol....Im nervous and Excited. ha ha....i am looking forward to meeting your girlfriend. sounds like from what you have told me that we will get along great! I need holster ideas. SO if you or Kristin have any advice with holsters please help me out, cause i want to conceal it but i know being that im small it may not be that easy.

Based on everything I've been hearing about RUSA lately, I'm wondering if there isn't somewhere else we should look into.

I'm def not shooting indoors with no AC.

I went to the TWRA range a few days ago. It was also hot. After firing each magazine it was necessary to step back and let the smoke clear.

Guest Halfpint

Another good one, I think. :D Got to meet a couple new people, see a REALLY old face ( . . . oh, hey Tad :D ) and learned that former cheer-leaders never really lose their "pep." I think Kristin and I only put maybe 50 rounds down-range, each, but it's not like I'll ever forget how to shoot a 1911. Figured out that my $2 Glock sight mod works fine as long as the light isn't behind me -- real sights will be replacing the factory plastic and Sharpie marker, eventually. STILL hate the sights on my Kimber, and am really wondering why I parted with my USP Compact a few years back.

chucktshoes and his wife, jack and his wife, hawk, and KC and I (I apologize if I'm leaving anyone out!) spent an hour + in 1776 before any of us hit the firing line, but that's what makes these meets great.

Thanks to Scott and the Rusa crowd for having us, for setting aside the classroom for our use, the meeting and taking the time to talk to us and address our concerns, food, range time, and everything else!

Guest jackdm3

The biggest surprise to me was that the kitchen was hotter than the range!

The non-attending TGOers are missing out in ways I can't mention. That was about as much of a red carpet as you can get.

Guest countryfirecracker

Ok hey hey hey now half-pint!! Remember that I still need to buy my gun here! So umm there is nothing wrong with being in a great excited mood about guns!! They are exciting!! Geez!! Ha ha!!

And by the way jack nut I was at 1776 too!! By the way the food is great!! Just wish my sandwich was bigger!! ;) but I love the range!! I had a blast!! And I believe that the usp compact is mine now....well as soon as I can get it anyways....I enjoyed meeting all the new people and getting all the gun advice. I really found my direction in the handgun area while we were there. Hope to see y'all again!

Guest Daelith

Sorry I missed out on this. Got busy at work these last few weeks and forgot to check the forum. I had other things going on this weekend anyway that would not have allowed me to attend. Hopefully I'll catch the September meeting.