He's back!! My grandson that is.

Mike.357

We got him back. I will not go into details just this second but needless to say I am pretty darn happy right now.

He is bugging me to play Madden with him so I gotta do what a Grandpa has to do.

Thanks for all the support throughout this thing.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

We got him back. I will not go into details just this second but needless to say I am pretty darn happy right now.

He is bugging me to play Madden with him so I gotta do what a Grandpa has to do.

Man I'm so glad. You never called to round up the possee though, things go better on the other avenue?

I know you are a happy camper. :shake:

Congratulations! I don't know you personally Mike, but I understand how custody situations can be. Playing Madden with my son is one of my favorite things to do. Of course I, ehum.. "let" him win. (Much easier to say than admitting defeat to a 9yr old.)

nothing gonna be on the news, no Amber Alerts. Though I did watch for that all night last night.

Needless to say they are not very happy with what we pulled off. I had a nasty conversation with the father earlier, totally enjoyed every word of it. And none of the nasty came from me, I just kind of grinned and said good luck.

And it seems while the wife and daughter were down there yesterday they filed for a court order, I found out today the court granted a case number, The father can't do anything now. The court will not grant case numbers to two individuals over the same case. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA, forgive me for gloating.

And aside from that the TN Chancery court already made a few judgements in our favor..

Gotta go, more football to be played.

Great news! Congratulations.

Guest jackdm3
nothing gonna be on the news, no Amber Alerts. Though I did watch for that all night last night.

Needless to say they are not very happy with what we pulled off. I had a nasty conversation with the father earlier, totally enjoyed every word of it. And none of the nasty came from me, I just kind of grinned and said good luck.

And it seems while the wife and daughter were down there yesterday they filed for a court order, I found out today the court granted a case number, The father can't do anything now. The court will not grant case numbers to two individuals over the same case. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA, forgive me for gloating.

And aside from that the TN Chancery court already made a few judgements in our favor..

Just in time for a new Tennessee school year? Or do they gotsta split soon?

Guest Glock23ForMe

Congrats, Mike. As a child from a custody battle home, I know how great it feels to be loved unconditionally by parents and grandparents. Go YOU for doing a great thing for your Grandson. Don't let him beat you too bad in Madden, my dad won't play with me anymore. :D

Fantastic news, Mike - really glad you kept you r chin up and focused on what was important through all of this, and you did it the right way.

Good vibes coming your way from the western part of the state...

Guest Caveman

Gloat Mike, gloat all day long. It is about time the courts did something right for a change. On another note, if you have any problems with the "father" give me a shout, I know of a couple nice spots out at the quarry. :D

Guest Boomhower

WOW Mike. I had no idea of any of this. I hate to hear that you guys have been having to go thru hell........Glad to hear of this outcome though. He's a great youngster!

here is the thing between Florida and Tennessee.

We have orders of protection, that prevent contact between the father and my grandson, a temporary restraining order that is supposed to keep the father from contacting my daughter, and a temporary order of custody that says my daughter is to have the child.

Our Florida lawyer said that was good to go, our Tn lawyer said it was good to go, the Chancery Court judge said it was good to go. The judge actually had her do the order of protection before they went off to Florida to get him. All of this stuff was ( according to these legal eagles )supposed to be acknowledged by the Palm Beach County Sheriff.

Lo and behold they get down there, go to the PBCSO and they will not do anything. They said they do not go by what TN says. We figured this was a wasted trip, money down the crapper. All of the worst thoughts.

I dunno how it happened but my wife got the paternal grandmother to agree that they could have my grandson for a couple of hours last night. They picked up the boy and ran with him. Believe me when I say I get a lot of happiness out of the misery going on down in Boca Raton today. I am also certain they called the PBCSO and were told sorry it is a civil matter.

So in the process of trying things my wife and daughter filed for the Ex parte order of emergency pick up. The father cannot file anything other than his motion for an emergency pick up on our case number. ( if that makes sense) So anyway that is supposed to happen Wednesday. I say who cares. The boy is here, we have a TN judge who has said he belongs here.

So is a Knox County deputy going to come to my house to carry out an order of pick up from Florida when a TN judge says otherwise? I see no way the Forida judge is going to rule in our favor, but I also don't care based on what the Chancery court judge here has already ruled. And the fact that the boy is here.

The TN chancery hearing for custody is Tuesday. The father has not been served papers on this so I am fairly certain the temp order will be extended.

The father owes near 10 grand in child support. That alone is my ascertion that he is not fit to be the custodial father. And of course that does not even mention the on again/off again utilities in their house there.

So thats where we are right now.