Got myself fired

Ebow1

• Replies 422
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest mustangdave

honestly...after reading the previous thread about your employment issues with Domino's I'm surprised you lasted as long as you did...and why you put up with the silliness and just didn't leave months ago

Guest db99wj
Throwing company property in a fit of rage when management guy knows your a permit holder and already thinks your prone to homicidal tendicies wasnt a very smart way to express yourself, imo. No offence.

This is my point. Up until this point, I believe you had somewhat of a gripe. When you start throwing stuff, that changes everything.

Yes, you are. You may find something in the future where you agree with all the policies. You may even find a job that lets you write some of them. But, you don't have a leg to stand on in this case. Throwing stuff around is usually a reason to get canned. Employers get to decide how you present yourself when you're wearing their sign.

If you work for a company that has policies that you can't live with, change jobs. Trying to change policy, especially with a display of rage, just ain't gonna work out for you. BTW... I'm saying this stuff because I like you, and because you need to think long and hard about it. I would say the same thing to one of my guys.

I think the OP was asking to see the company policy. They couldn't produce it. Probably because they didn't have one. The manager was making policy up as he goes along. It sounds to me like they were looking for a reason (even though they don't need one in a right to work state) to get rid of the OP. Maybe they wanted to get rid of the OP 'for cause'?

Granted, the OP could have handled things better than throwing around company property.

To the OP, I doubt your meeting is going to produce anything. Some of management wants rid of you and you want a better job. Its probably for the best that you part ways.

• Administrator
This is my point. Up until this point, I believe you had somewhat of a gripe. When you start throwing stuff, that changes everything.

And in their eyes validates the argument that he has violent tendencies. Little kids throw things in anger, and usually get punished as a result. I'd try to modify my behavior at work so that I didn't throw things anymore ... if I wanted to keep my job or future jobs.

And in their eyes validates the argument that he has violent tendencies. Little kids throw things in anger, and usually get punished as a result. I'd try to modify my behavior at work so that I didn't throw things anymore ... if I wanted to keep my job or future jobs.

Yes. Destruction of company property has to be done tastefully :hat:

http://www.na6m.com/anyquestions/TIEWRAPGUN.htm

I haven't bought anything from Dominos since Hurricane Hugo. If you'll recall all the other FF joints were feeding the people made homeless by the hurricane for free. But not Dominos. Had to make a buck.

Well, I know I won't be ordering Domino's again....

I do realize that throwing company property does nothing to help me. I really had just lost it at that point. I didn't set up the meeting to try and get my job back. I'm done with them. I'm trying to get it through to his superior just how bad of a manager the man who fired me is, and hopefully get him fired as well.

I haven't bought anything from Dominos since Hurricane Hugo. If you'll recall all the other FF joints were feeding the people made homeless by the hurricane for free. But not Dominos. Had to make a buck.

I haven't bought any Dominos since they came out with "new and improved". Even worse than before. We have a local pizzeria that delivers. They have great pizza at a fair price.

Guest bkelm18
I haven't bought any Dominos since they came out with "new and improved". Even worse than before. We have a local pizzeria that delivers. They have great pizza at a fair price.

Yeah their new sauce is disgusting. Which local one are you referring to? Venice Pizza? I get their menus in the mail and sounds like some good stuff.

I do realize that throwing company property does nothing to help me. I really had just lost it at that point. I didn't set up the meeting to try and get my job back. I'm done with them. I'm trying to get it through to his superior just how bad of a manager the man who fired me is, and hopefully get him fired as well.

You can't win this battle. You know who they'll believe and you forfeited any power of persuasion by throwing stuff around. Move on and don't use them as a reference. There have always been good places to work and bad places to work. Nothing new about it. This was not a good place to work.

Guest strelcevina

I think u should just let it go. Don't try to get Nobady fired .

After distraction of property on work place , Nobady will believe u nothing u say.

Just find another job as soon as possible and move on

Technically nothing was destroyed or damaged.

Only your reputation. I not harp'n on you man... really. I have been there myself. Especially

when I was younger. The only thing losing my cool got me was a loss of perspective.

Can't say I blame you.

The best way to get yourself some satisfaction is to go out and find a better job.

Guest db99wj
You can't win this battle. You know who they'll believe and you forfeited any power of persuasion by throwing stuff around. Move on and don't use them as a reference. There have always been good places to work and bad places to work. Nothing new about it. This was not a good place to work.

Raoul is right, whether anything was destroyed or damaged is not the point, when you "threw something", you gave the firing manager more credibility than he deserves. You lost it, you got violent enough, which he is saying you could be, to throw something. Anything you say in any meeting will be completely ineffective due to that action/reaction.

Cut your losses, move on.

Only your reputation. I not harp'n on you man... really. I have been there myself. Especially

when I was younger. The only thing losing my cool got me was a loss of perspective.

Can't say I blame you.

The best way to get yourself some satisfaction is to go out and find a better job.

+1. No disrespect intended. It just sounds like the jackass got what he wanted...rid of you. Take the lesson and find something that makes you happier that Dominos. Best of luck. :P

Guest mustangdave

LOL...pretty much your credibility was...its time to close this chapter of your book...move on

Guest Glock23ForMe

I see where the OP is coming from, but bottom line, TN is an "At-Will" employment state. I've been in the retail corporate world for a few years now, and all I can say is, you have to pick your battles. Pack up and move on. Papa John's would probably make you mgmt.

if you just had a workers Union, i think they would protect your right as a worker who follows company policy and gets pushed from people on higher positions.
Nah, cause then the pizza company would be out of business because a large pizza would cost about $225 delivered and that would only be delivered between 9 a.m. and 3 p.m. No work on rainy days, either.

So funny. So true.

You physically threw something?

Nope. He used HIS MIND!!! Telekinesis! :P

Ebow....i think we all remember being 23...

I think you probably have an easier time remembering 23 than some of us do... :P

As for Ebow's situation... kind'a saw it coming way back there when he was involved in the accident. And as others have already said, there's nothing to be done but live and learn, and move on.

J.