Got myself fired

Ebow1

Well the background story on the land dispute, they own land on both sides of Dads field. When Dad Brought, he had it surveyed. Dad did not buy from these people but from another person. Dad had know all parties involved for many years, went to their Church and even shopped at their country story.

There was an old fence line between the property, when dad brought he believed he was buying up to the line, and the survey confirmed.

I remember one morning when I was about 7 or 8 there was about 10 people down in the field and I woke dad and mom up as it was strange.

They had jumped over the line on Dads side about 20 yards and put up a new Fence. It took about 5 or more years to get it settled though court and lawyers and more surveys, which it turned out, even the other parties surveyor said the line only should be at the old fence line but the old fence line was about 10 extra feet on dads side. Dad only sued them back to the old fence line though.

We have never got along with them ever since, the family was a preacher, his wife daughter and the Church deacon and his family.

Recently, the daughter told someone that land dispute is not over after all these years.

I was 2 young to have a dog in that fight but if it ever comes up again I will try to take those records and have it pushed to what surveyors said, but since it has been 20 years or so, I guess it is 2 late since the Judge ruled and set the lines. Dad was happy with the ruling since he ended up with what he had believed he brought to start with.

• Replies 422
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another driver from my store quit today. He had been due a raise for a month and corporate still hadn't put it through. The store manager told him "I wouldn't blame you if any of you left now", his response was "okay, here's my shirt, see ya". So ya, I can at least say it's not just me.

Well the background story on the land dispute, they own land on both sides of Dads field. When Dad Brought, he had it surveyed. Dad did not buy from these people but from another person. Dad had know all parties involved for many years, went to their Church and even shopped at their country story.

There was an old fence line between the property, when dad brought he believed he was buying up to the line, and the survey confirmed.

I remember one morning when I was about 7 or 8 there was about 10 people down in the field and I woke dad and mom up as it was strange.

They had jumped over the line on Dads side about 20 yards and put up a new Fence. It took about 5 or more years to get it settled though court and lawyers and more surveys, which it turned out, even the other parties surveyor said the line only should be at the old fence line but the old fence line was about 10 extra feet on dads side. Dad only sued them back to the old fence line though.

We have never got along with them ever since, the family was a preacher, his wife daughter and the Church deacon and his family.

Recently, the daughter told someone that land dispute is not over after all these years.

I was 2 young to have a dog in that fight but if it ever comes up again I will try to take those records and have it pushed to what surveyors said, but since it has been 20 years or so, I guess it is 2 late since the Judge ruled and set the lines. Dad was happy with the ruling since he ended up with what he had believed he brought to start with.

We had a similiar incident when I was growing up.

We had an empty spot going back to some rail road tracks that no one lived on about 25 yards behind our house. We had neighbors on either side. Well, my mom decided she wanted to buy that back plot and put a fence up. Unbeknownst to her, someone some time cut a like 10 foot by 20 yard piece out of the middle.

One of the neighbors went and found this old lawyer that had owned all of this for years and got him to sell him this little square so we would have to take the fence down there. We ended up just go to court over it and won eventually but never talked to that neighbor again.

He didn't throw anything, but he went back to talk to the store manager late last night and might've thrown something then. I found that the store manager was in fact telling corporate to fire me, while telling me corporate wants me fired and he has no idea why. That garbage is just icing on the cake at this point.

Guest Sgt. Joe
He didn't throw anything, but he went back to talk to the store manager late last night and might've thrown something then. I found that the store manager was in fact telling corporate to fire me, while telling me corporate wants me fired and he has no idea why. That garbage is just icing on the cake at this point.

If enough folks leave it sounds like you may just get your wish and the manager getting his walking permit too. Things have a way of working out in this world. It is called KARMA.

Sorry for the Hi-jack back to Land Battles 101:rolleyes:

i don't care about land grabs, I got hammered last night and my whole body hurts. The bright side is I am not bleeding, the quad is back in the garage, and nothing looks torn up.

not so sure how it all happened.

Ebow you ought to go ask for your job back now. Just for giggles.

Guest Sgt. Joe
Only thing I know about land battles is "Never get involved in a land dispute in South East Asia." :-\

South West Asia for that matter also...Just what is it with those folks anyway:rolleyes:

J.

i don't care about land grabs, I got hammered last night and my whole body hurts. The bright side is I am not bleeding, the quad is back in the garage, and nothing looks torn up.

not so sure how it all happened.

Ebow you ought to go ask for your job back now. Just for giggles.

AHhhh....Reminders of the good ole days;)

From experience I would say that if none of your friends call or the local PD does not show up by about noon or so you should be good to go.:slapfight:

I think Ebow should go to regional and ask for the managers job:D

South West Asia for that matter also...Just what is it with those folks anyway

Yeah, I probably should'a stuck with the original quote "Never get involved in a land war in Asia". But since the Vietnam war is one that some of my close relatives were involved with while I was living, I stuck with that. The "prior engagements" in Asia were before I was born.

Points to anyone who can identify the source of the original quote. :slapfight:

J.

this thread has gotten boring.

db you need to flip a desk over or something at your review.

Amen. At this point, I regret taking the time to start reading it. Actually, I should have started at the end and the reading would have stopped sooner.
  • Moderators
Yeah, I probably should'a stuck with the original quote "Never get involved in a land war in Asia". But since the Vietnam war is one that some of my close relatives were involved with while I was living, I stuck with that. The "prior engagements" in Asia were before I was born.

Points to anyone who can identify the source of the original quote. :cheers:

J.

Inconceivable!

:cheers:
You only think I guessed wrong! That's what's so funny! I switched glasses when your back was turned! Ha ha! You fool! You fell victim to one of the classic blunders - The most famous of which is "never get involved in a land war in Asia" - but only slightly less well-known is this: "Never go against a Sicilian when death is on the line"! Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha! Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha! Ha ha ha... [stops suddenly,his smile frozen on his face and falls to the right out of camera dead]

Does that help?

J.