Got myself fired

Ebow1

Guest Glock23ForMe
Who said I was Christian?

I love it when the word "Christian" is used, and the people that are against it, the first thing they scream is, "Quit trying to push your religion on me!!!"

WONDERFUL.

Edited by Glock23ForMe
  • Replies 422
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Glock23ForMe
man, I went to have a drink with some friends and I come back to find out all hell has broke loose on this thread..........

And its all TGO David's fault... He used the "no-no" word... Christian :tinfoil:

Guest EasTnBldr

At 23, yeah, life is about big dreams and roller coaster rides with tremendous highs and extreme lows. But, you are breathing and whether you like it or not, it is the ticket to ride in your hand. In the corporate world, your tenure with Dominos is finished. I've done the corporate thing and once something like this has gone down, they circle the wagons and management wins.

I will share a quick little story of my own and then give you the best advice I can. I worked for Reebok/Rockport shoes moons ago. Ted Bundy I wasn't but I didn't really enjoy the work. I complained to a manager in a light-hearted way that the person hired to receive & ship stock had spent several hours during a shift with his family on the sales floor letting his work fall on the rest of us. I thought it was kinda crappy and unnecessary. The manager stormed into the back office while I was in the process of counting out my drawer. Keys hit the floor outside the office dr because it was locked and then she threw them across the office after she unlocked the door. She proceeded to make a comment about my work that day. Little did I know that she and the stock person were "personal friends." My response to the keys and her comments was "what the f*** are you talking about?" That mis-step in language cost me a write-up and dismissal. Was I right, no ... was she right, definitely not. The point? Nothing you say to local and/or sometimes even regional managers matter. Once a dismissal has come down they are more worried about precedence than they are about understanding and doing the right thing.

My advice would be a simple but detailed, concise letter addressed to corporate, regional, and the local management. The letter may go no farther than the first person that opens it but you have given your story a chance to be heard and reacted to AND you have given yourself the opportunity to vent one last time and let it go.

A positive attitude, an unwillingness to be beaten down, a creative mind, and a lot of drive to make your next career step a step up is the key. Life is nothing but a constant battle of wills. If you are a Christian than you know that it is God's will and your drive against the efforts put forth by the devil. If you aren't a Christian then it is simply life's struggles against your ability to overcome and make it better. It sounds like many have trust in your ability to rise above and hopefully you have that same trust in yourself. Best of luck and good wishes regardless.

Guest EasTnBldr

LOL ... ok, first mistake ... "Al Bundy I wasn't" ... Ted Bundy was a mass murderer. LOL Phew, it's 1am talking, sorry. 2nd mistake, read the whole thread before replying. I have/had no intention in jumping into the Christian conversation although in all fairness I didn't make any presumptions. To each his own! And still, I wish you all the best in your next endeavor!

Nah, cause then the pizza company would be out of business because a large pizza would cost about $225 delivered and that would only be delivered between 9 a.m. and 3 p.m. No work on rainy days, either.

I love the way this slipped into the conversation unnoticed. It was like and anti-commie subliminal message. Even strel didn't reply!

You forgot something, though. When Dominos gets a union all pizzas will be pepperoni only and the pigs it comes from must be raised on a farm that pays its workers a living wage and the farmer must sing lullabies in 2 languages when the pigs go to sleep.

Edited by BigK
I love it when the word "Christian" is used, and the people that are against it, the first thing they scream is, "Quit trying to push your religion on me!!!"

WONDERFUL.

What I find odd is that David didn't even call him that...he only used the "C" word as an adjective.

Guest Glock23ForMe
I wonder if anyone has ever done a scientific study to find if the kind of people who are offended by kind words are the same kind of people who shoot up their workplace?

:tinfoil: Wrong... but funny.

Guest bkelm18
I wonder if anyone has ever done a scientific study to find if the kind of people who are offended by kind words are the same kind of people who shoot up their workplace?
ohnoyouledidnt.jpg
Jamie, where have you been.

I went somewhere? :tinfoil:

Why didn't somebody tell me... :-\

I agree with Jamie, too. :P

No need to hide... the lynch mob is kind'a slow these days, and easy to out-run. :lol:

I wonder how long it'll be before we see a thread from Ebow concerning some issue or run-in with school authority... or maybe even one involving a traffic stop, a cop, and a taser... :taser:

We all know it's coming, don't we? :P

J.

Guest Sgt. Joe

What a way to start ones day....:P

First I was near gut laughing when Magic reminded Ebow what it was like to be 23,:lol:

Very shortly after Jamie pops in and says just what I am thinking about that, which he very often does.:tinfoil:

Then after taking care of some business that smelled neither like roses nor cat dung, I return to hear that KB of all people does not even remember being 23?:P

Ebow, try to not let a simple word offend you, I am sure all David meant was to do the "right" thing and dust yourself off and move along. Carry yourself above the fray, so long as you are it should be no problem.

The art of telling people to kiss where the sun dont shine and making them like it does take some time to learn, this is your opportunity to begin that process.

Personally I have quit more jobs than I can even remember and some of those "quitting" moments involved a whole lot more than tossing something across a room, more like tossing "people" across the room. Granted those were different times and being in construction in Cent. FL meant I could tell one place to "Shove it" today and be working some where else tomorrow morning, No problem, I did it more times than I can remember.

Times are certainly different these days and you have stated that the Dominoes job did fit your schedule, but Man, it sure sounds like someone there wants you gone and they have made it happen. Hold your head HIGH and move along. Do not lower yourself to their levels.

I am not so sure given the situation that I would even attend the meeting.

If you do be dam sure you dont lose your temper no matter what is said. From what you have said "has been said" about you having a permit and guns, there is a chance that they are setting you up for something way worse than losing a job. There is no way to know that they have not already contacted the PD and informed them about the meeting and the potential for violence, whether it actually exists or not......Be Careful, You already know you can not trust these people.

I know you must be stressing some now as you have to find a way to replace your income, but I have faith that you will and one day this whole incident will be but an old memory.

Unless of course you do whatever the heck it was that KB did and in that case you wont even remember ever working for Dominoes.:taser:

Good luck to ya

Yes yes yes, because I don't like inaccurate insinuations about my faith I must have horrible people skills. I have done no screaming or shouting about this matter, simply asking questions. As to the reply about christianity being a better path then others, that's the reply I was hoping for. According to your own scriptures it in fact is. There's nothing wrong with believing that, I was simply seeing if anybody would actually come out and say it. I have worked many jobs dealing with the people and have always been great with customers. I've recieved numerous such compliments as "you are the most accomodating employee here" and "oh good it's you, you're the only still here who's any decent". Both of those were at the Blockbuster I worked at in Baton Rouge. If I have an attitude in my personal life (which I readily admit I do) it's because I know better then to show it to customers, because right or wrong it gets you fired. As far as problems with authority I will readily admit when I was younger I did have some small problems with school authorities. I have been stopped and ticketed plenty of times and never had any problems with the ticketing officers. In fact the last time it happened the officer was really nice about it and it was as close to a pleasent experience as getting a ticket could be. I'm never angry with officers if I've been pulled over for a traffic violation because after all, I was violating a traffic law, I have no right to argue about being reprimanded for it. As I'm sure many people here think, I have some serious anger issues but I disagree. I think a majority of people these days are just disrespectful and it's something I'm getting sick of putting up with. I'm not talking about anybody on this board personally, this is just my general opinion about most people these days. To those of you who had kind words, thank you.

Yes yes yes, because I don't like inaccurate insinuations about my faith I must have horrible people skills.

The fact you think he made an insinuation about your faith only proves you need to work on your reading skills. "The Christian thing to do" is only a descriptive term. It doesn't imply anything about you, only the person that said it.

I'm probably the least religious person on this board, with an intense dislike of anything branded as a "religion", and I wouldn't have taken offense at what was said.

Your response, however, seems to me to say that you jump to conclusions and are looking for a fight.... which is pretty silly since you said at the beginning that you wanted to hear people's opinions.

If I have an attitude in my personal life (which I readily admit I do) it's because I know better then to show it to customers, because right or wrong it gets you fired.

Huh? You have an attitude for any number of reasons, but I seriously doubt it's because of anything work-related. Claiming you have an attitude in you personal life due to the fact you can't have one while on the job is just a cop-out and an excuse, plain and simple. You're the same person whether you're working or not, and should generally present the same "face" to the world under any circumstance. Your basic personality is what it is... and has been since you were quite young, according to an article I just read on the subject.

Personality Set for Life By 1st Grade, Study Suggests

As far as problems with authority I will readily admit when I was younger I did have some small problems with school authorities.

I'm sure. And that is at the root of your current situation, whether you see it or not.

I have been stopped and ticketed plenty of times and never had any problems with the ticketing officers. In fact the last time it happened the officer was really nice about it and it was as close to a pleasent experience as getting a ticket could be. I'm never angry with officers if I've been pulled over for a traffic violation because after all, I was violating a traffic law, I have no right to argue about being reprimanded for it.

I'm sure you can be right pleasant when things are going your way, or there's nothing causing you grief... But the reason for my prediction of you having further trouble with somebody is based on the trend that many of us here have seen in your threads and posts lately... And they point to further entanglements for you, if something doesn't change. It just doesn't take a crystal ball to see that.

As I'm sure many people here think, I have some serious anger issues but I disagree.

Problems with anger and self-control... yep. I'd be one of those people that think that.

But then I've spent a long time dealing with people who have those sorts of problems or issues.

I think a majority of people these days are just disrespectful and it's something I'm getting sick of putting up with.

I don't disagree at all with people having become more... :poop:ey, since I can't use the proper word here.

The deal is though, that you have no control over them, only over yourself. And blowing up, throwing things around, or otherwise losing your temper only plays into their hands and "proves" many of the things they either think or claim about you.

The bottom line is, no matter how much people suck, or you think they do, that doesn't give you a "right" to go ballistic. Because eventually, somebody who can actually act on it is going to decide you are the problem, whether you really are or not. And like our ol' buddy Voldemort, you may have very well given them all the "evidence" they need.

So yeah, unless you get a grip, and figure out a more constructive way to vent your frustration and anger, I foresee some unpleasantness for you eventually.

You just seem to be building up to it.

J.

Guest DanE479

Ebow:

I think it's time to grow a little. Don't take offense when someone says "it's the christian thing to do." It was meant as a peaceful way to say "move on, it's not worth it." I stopped throwing things (in public) by the time I was 10. It's not socially acceptable. When you have a job, do what they tell you to. Man up, follow directions, obey orders. If you don't like what they are telling you to do, find a new job, give two weeks notice, and quit.

I don't advertise the fact that I own guns to my employers/coworkers outside of the LEO/Security jobs that I normally do. It's part of being "the Grey man." Don't stick out, don't call attention to yourself, keep your head up, eyes open, and mouth shut. When you go Grey, life is easier. Funny bmper stickers are cool, but they call attention to yourself. They give somebody an excuse to disagree with you, and make a situation out of something. They aren't worth it.

I look forward to you posting about how, at 23, you know more about life than I do, and that you were totally in the right, and that your bosses were all out to get you. Forget meeting with people to show them how right you are, and wrong they are. They don't care. They honestly do not. Take this episode as a lesson on how to live low profile.

Or, come post here about how right you are, and how wrong I am.

The decision to grow, or not to, is ultimately yours. YOu must take the initiative, and grow, or chose to remain where you are, and ultimately wind up dissatisfied with your lot in life.

Guest strelcevina

@ ebow1

Reading true this thread You reminded me on Adam Sandler in movie anger management.

Everybody is just acting like buddy :tinfoil:

I'm so pretty yes so pretty .....

what else I wanted to say.o yes .. as David responded to you earlier he sounded to me extremely respectful to you. And he was so gentle to not hurt ur feelings. Something u can expect from a best friend.

And ur response to him was kind of childish.

Jamie, you're definately right about everything building up with me. I find myself more easily offended, and less patient with each day. In retrospect I was out of line to question the comment about the Christian thing to do, and to jump at an accusation about an insinuation of faith. No, I should not have thrown anything, but I still have difficulty accepting that I need to just sit back and disregard the disrespect I recieved from that company and will undoubtedly receive from the majority of jobs I have in the future. On this I think I'm going to have to fundamentally disagree with the group commenting on here. I asked for other opinions and I got them, and was wrong to lash out at those who gave them. I also think Garufa is absolutely right about me needing to start my own business, whatever it may be. I have a history of not getting along with the corporate branches of my previous jobs. I also have a history of getting along very well with most of my storefront employees and customers, I would like to point that much out. I think between myself and the operating principles of most corporations there is a difference of opinion on a fundamental level. As far as what I was trying to say about having an attitude in my personal life because of how I behave at work, I was merely trying to say that were I to have such an attitude at work it would get me fired (I've proven that) and as a result it bottles up and once I am off the clock the attitude is that much worse. That is my belief about it and I'm not really sure how that is a cop out, but merely an explanation. I can say that when I was younger people told me all the time that they were amazed by my patience, and I used to wish that I would get angry more often, as there were plenty of situations in which I felt I should've been angry but it just wasn't there, and well, I got what I wanted.

@Dane, I do admit that I am stubborn, thick headed, and rarely refuse to admit I'm wrong to anybody but you make it sound like I personally attacked you about how I know more at my younger age then you do. I realize I may well have given that impression but I assure you that I had no intent to, just that I know more then these Domino's morons;).

Guest db99wj
Jamie, you're definately right about everything building up with me. I find myself more easily offended, and less patient with each day. In retrospect I was out of line to question the comment about the Christian thing to do, and to jump at an accusation about an insinuation of faith. No, I should not have thrown anything, but I still have difficulty accepting that I need to just sit back and disregard the disrespect I recieved from that company and will undoubtedly receive from the majority of jobs I have in the future. On this I think I'm going to have to fundamentally disagree with the group commenting on here. I asked for other opinions and I got them, and was wrong to lash out at those who gave them. I also think Garufa is absolutely right about me needing to start my own business, whatever it may be. I have a history of not getting along with the corporate branches of my previous jobs. I also have a history of getting along very well with most of my storefront employees and customers, I would like to point that much out. I think between myself and the operating principles of most corporations there is a difference of opinion on a fundamental level. As far as what I was trying to say about having an attitude in my personal life because of how I behave at work, I was merely trying to say that were I to have such an attitude at work it would get me fired (I've proven that) and as a result it bottles up and once I am off the clock the attitude is that much worse. That is my belief about it and I'm not really sure how that is a cop out, but merely an explanation. I can say that when I was younger people told me all the time that they were amazed by my patience, and I used to wish that I would get angry more often, as there were plenty of situations in which I felt I should've been angry but it just wasn't there, and well, I got what I wanted.

I think, most people here are/were on your side through this whole ordeal dating back to the wreck that you had....except for the throwing their property thing. Nothing is wrong with standing your ground, nothing is wrong demanding the information in writing that they are attempting to use against you, nothing wrong for standing up for your beliefs, nothing wrong with rolling over and being the corporate doormat. The fact that they said you can't have that bumper sticker per policy, you asked to see policy, they refused, tells me they are wrong. If you got fired upon those reasons alone, hell yea, go to the next level of management at that meeting and state your side of the story. When you picked up the object, whether it be company owned, or owned by you, or someone else, and threw it, you killed anything that you had going for you including a leg to stand on, credibility, and any recourse.