Just a little ranting!

Guest GlocKingTN

Guest GlocKingTN

As you all know, my female had puppies 2 weeks ago. I once owned the Sire and Dam both. I now only own the Dam. I sold the Sire the day before he bred to my female. So the new owner agreed to let him stay a few extra days to finish "his thing"! Well, after he finished "his thing", she came and picked him up and took him home. I reminded her the day she picked him up that I would need his Reg # for AKC and the Certificate Issue Date (which I should have gotten before she even left the house). I would need these 2 things in order to register the litter of puppies when it was time. Ok, now the puppies are here and I have been calling her for over a month now trying to get those 2 items. I have left her numerous Voice Mails, and she will not return my phone calls. The last time I called was this past Saturday. Now she has had her number changed to a non-published number.

So I called AKC and asked them what I needed to do. They looked it up and she hasnt even registered him in her name yet. And its been almost 3 months now. So they told me to contact the previous owner (because I bought the male to sell not to keep so I didnt register him in my name) and get him to call AKC and they would give him the info I needed (because they couldnt give it to me because I wasnt the registered owner). So I called his house phone (disconnected), his cell phone (disconnected), and his work (no longer works there). So I call AKC back and the lady gave me a way to get the number without actually telling me what the number was herself! Now I have the Reg. # but no Certificate Issue Date. All this to say what can I do about registering these puppies? I have about $1000 worth of dogs left and I cant register them without those 2 things. Not 1 of them, but both! HELP!

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, when all else fails, try stalking the town she lives in. Did she pay by check? I know stupid question, but I had to ask, because then you could possibly go to her bank branch and see if the manager could forward a letter to her. I know they won't give out her address, but if you are nice enough to them, they might do you the favor.

Other than that, unfortunately, you have to chalk it up to lesson learned.

Molon - first, since this woman has not expressed her agreement to a background check, isn't that an invasion of privacy/slightly illegal? Second, don't you need a social security number in order to get an accurate background check? I know there are hundreds of people that share my same name (probably thousands in the entire world) so in order to get the most accurate information on the first go round, I need as much accurate information to begin with. Now a search of the local assesors website might give you the information you are looking for. I know here in Shelby County, you can look up property ownership by name. If they are renting you are screwed on that aspect, but if they own a home, you might be able to determine their whereabouts.

Sorry for the misunderstanding. I am a bit paranoid and concerned about how easy it is to get personal information about a total stranger these days without their consent. I don't like it and I wish it would stop. You should have to have my permission to look up information about me. The internet is a wonderful tool, but as we all know, a good tool in the wrong hands becomes a dangerous weapon.

Guest GlocKingTN
I just did a reverse lookup on whitepages.com of my old phone number that I had disconnected 3 months ago and it still lists my info. You might want to try the number you have and see if it works. You never know.

I done that 2000silver, and got her address, hopefully! Thanks! Now Im gonna try and reach her somehow.