Worst Handgun you've ever owned....

Guest Keinengel

Guest Keinengel

Well I looked to see if there was a past thread and didnt find one so here goes...

So everyone, what's the worst/ugliest/least functional handgun you've ever owned? No brand bashing because i'm sure everyone on here is biased about brands in some way or another. We all know that there is such a thing as a useless or simply crappy gun despite weather or not it goes bang. (because it might "go bang" all over your hands)

I'll start with mine. It was an old Colt 1991 series 80 with the extra low GI sights on it. It never had any feeding/firing problems but it was old and ragged. Boy that thing would rattle. It shot all over the place and no one I'd let shoot it would get anything near decent groupings with it.

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got a Taurus TCP 738 as a gift. Worst gun I ever had. I won't bash Taurus, since that was against the OP's rules. But I will say that for a gun that cost 2x the price of my Hi-Point C9, I expected at least as good or better performance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lorican .380 (no, I didn't purchase it)

Twas the second time I went shooting with the guys at Norris, the Lorican fired once and locked up. Something inside broke and locked the slide closed. I gave away the other 49 rounds of .380 while I was there. Got home, put the gun in a vise and tried to "un-jam" the slide to no avail. Eventually got silly and took a 5lb sledge to it to see what it'd do. Needless to say part of the slide did come off after the frame broke in two. After examining the remains I still couldn't figure out what happened......hehe.

Guest coldblackwind

.357 derringer. Just plain didn't work. The safety flopped back and forth in it because it wasn't attached to anything. Worked perfectly, changed barrels and everything...unless you loaded it. Then it would lock up, and no matter how hard you pulled the trigger, nothing would happen. Actually got it to fire twice I believe with .38's, and it would darn near take your arm off!

Mine was a Lorcin .25 that someone gave to me when I was still an active shooting instructor. One night, I decided to shoot it. It took several minutes before I could get the first round to fire, due to various issues. The safety was very difficult to work and it would not chamber a round if you filled the magazine to capacity. After firing a few rounds at 7 yards, I brought the target in and couldn't find any holes. I brought the target in to about 3 yards. While firing at the center chest area of an IALEFI Q target at 2 yards, the bullets were impacting above the head circle a couple of inches.

By far the worst handgun I've ever owned was a Taurus Model 93 .22 revolver.

Don't get me wrong, I generally like Taurus' guns, but that thing was horrible. And I soon learned that short of installing a spent uranium hammer, there was no way to get the trigger both light ( for a DA revolver ) and smooth, as well as keeping the gun reliable with no misfires. The design of the lockwork just won't allow it.

And that's really just too bad, too... 'Cause as a .22 DA revolver with a 3 inch barrel, it stood a very good chance of becoming one of my favorites. :-\

J.

I purchased a new SCCY 9mm pistol from a pawn shop. Got it home, fired two magazines and was actually hitting the target. Second shot from the third mag of ammo and the trigger went *click* and then it was free swinging with no tension on it at all. You could hold the gun upside down and shake it and whatever was broken would fall back into place and you could fire one round. Then turn it upside down and shake it again. I took it back to the pawn shop and talked them into giving me my money back since I'd only had it four hours. Its a shame. The gun had a good feel, external safety, no FTF and was fairly accurate. But broke after 22 fires. Worst. gun. ever.

I had a Intratec Cat 9. It was my very first handgun. It had about a 20lb trigger pull. My wrist would not allow me to shoot more that 10 or 12 rounds in one session. It was very inaccurate as well but I don't remember it ever fail to fire. I was happy to trade it plus cash for an old Taurus PT22. I still feel bad for the guy that went home with that gun.

-southernasylum

Rohm. Horrid, horrid gun. I had an uncle who left it to me along with several other guns. I don't really know why he had it and don't think he ever shot it. The other guns he left me were all high quality including the Colt 1911 that has been in my family since 1917.

I was not familiar with the Rohm and asked a professor of mine, I was still in college at the time, about the gun. I remember specifically if it was good for much. He looked at me with a straight face and said it would make a good fishing sinker. He said it was actually dangerous to shoot. You can pretty much tell just by looking at it how poorly made it is.

I have bought guns that I didn't care much for, including a couple of Bersas. They never ran without continual problems. Perhaps that was just my luck as I know several people who had similar guns with no problems.

Mine is a tie between a Colt 1911 Combat Commander and a Taurus PT 945. Both were jam-o-matics that could not keep the rounds inside of an eight inch circle at 10 yards. Both these guns taught me what FTF,FTE,stovepipe and FTB mean. The front sight fell off the Taurus and it took 9 months for them to send a new one. Long after the pistol had been traded off.

Never had a worse handgun but a friend has an intratec tec 9. You can get a shot off about every 5 minutes. Assuming you can get it to fire at all. We were at his house one night and he was bragging about how quick he could pull the trigger and "bump" fire it. An hour later he got 3 shots off and blamed it on the ammo. Another friend took the ammo and had no issues.

Colt Defender, an absolute jam-o-matic that neither the factory nor any local gunsmith could fix. A total POS IMHO. I cringe every time I see someone at a shop getting ready to buy one and want to stop them. I wish someone had stopped me.