Worst Handgun you've ever owned....

Guest Keinengel

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest wallyiv

None of mine are really worst so to speak but if I had to choose then I guess my SIG p250c in .40. Problem is that it's not bad, just not quite as good as my others. My mom though has a couple of Taurus that she should have never bought. She carried one on her having never fired. When I moved back to TN I took her to fire her carry (.38 lightweight blued snubby) I can't remember the model. It only fires in single action. In double action it tries to fire like a rim fire. Just got it back from Taurus after their lifetime warranty "fixed" it. Same problem still. I won't bash taurus though OP.

SW_SW380.jpg

S&W Sigma 380.

I bought it in the mid 90s when it came out. I was a total newbie to handguns. I got it thinking it would be easier to reload than a revolver, and that it would be a good home defense gun.

Like I said, I was a total newbie. :shake:

I got it, and did not like shooting it. I kept it, thinking I probably just needed to practice with it. I tried, and I just did not like it. No real sights, had to have a special disassembly tool, and I found the magazine hard to eject. I finally pawned it.

Guest A10thunderbolt

I was suckered into buying a Phoenix .22 Pistol, it was so bad it would rattle apart after a few shots. Sold it to my neighbor, I told him it was a POS and he still bought it.

SW_SW380.jpg

S&W Sigma 380.

I bought it in the mid 90s when it came out. I was a total newbie to handguns. I got it thinking it would be easier to reload than a revolver, and that it would be a good home defense gun.

Like I said, I was a total newbie. :shake:

I got it, and did not like shooting it. I kept it, thinking I probably just needed to practice with it. I tried, and I just did not like it. No real sights, had to have a special disassembly tool, and I found the magazine hard to eject. I finally pawned it.

I saw one of these at a pawn shop in Gallatin. Almost bought it but came home and did some research.

Looks like S&W's new Bodyguard was a big improvement.

I saw one of these at a pawn shop in Gallatin. Almost bought it but came home and did some research.

Looks like S&W's new Bodyguard was a big improvement.

Good thing you didn't get it. LOL But who knows, it might be a good fit for someone.

It may have been because I was still new to handguns, but I found the recoil pretty snappy for a 380. Then again, it was a lighter and smaller gun; I think it was listed as 14 oz. My brother shot it and said that it kicked pretty good for a 380...more than our Dad's Glock 17. It just wasn't a gun I enjoyed shooting...and why keep a gun you don't like shooting?

Guest RebelWithACause

Intratec Tec-22. It jammed every single shot and sometimes the upper receiver would just 'pop open' like a jack in the box when you shot it. I turned it into a great investment by trading it even for an AK back when AKs were dirt cheap. (Still have the AK)

(I also have a heavily used "Bryco Jennings 9" that was given to me. I've inspected it, cleaned it, oiled it, and will never fire the POS. It's my "just in case they come for my guns, I'll toss them that one" gun.)

Guest RJTravel

Hawes .44 mag SA. Camped in remote area N Idaho - prolly late 60s. Grizzley approached - my brother held the .44 - shaking so badly the Hawes rattled like an old jalopy. More afraid of the Hawes than the griz. I fired it 3 or 4 times and the nickel plating shook off in pieces. Best handgun? Kel-Tec 3AT - hands down.

Richard