Worst Handgun you've ever owned....

Guest Keinengel

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

#3) Beretta CX4 Storm Carbine... flimsy controls and construction, would fail to feed EVERY shot... only good thing I can say is it was pleasantly accurate.

#2) Jennings/Bryco 9mm... what a waste of pot metal. (but at least I can say it didn't misfire or jam)

#1) Taurus PT25... ugly, innaccurate and it jammed more often than it fired.

As you can see you can get a lemon in almost anything. My worst was a Uberta (SP?) cattleman SA 45 Colt. I bought it used at a good price and it look like it had not been fired. When I got to shooting it no matter what load I tried it shot way to the left. I got to noticing that the front sight looked like it was not exactly centered. It was just a tad to the right. I did the old put the barrel in a wood block in a vice and use a long wooden piece that just fits in the cylinder window of the frame as a leaver and turned the barrel a touch to the left, tightened it. That fixed the shooting left part. Then it started having the cylinder pin start working it's way out after a few shots. I got rid of that thing. The next worst was a S&W 686 that was one of the first ones that came out. The trigger pull out of the box was like dragging your finger across a gravel road. I had to take the pistol because I had it special ordered. I cleaned up the trigger with some polishing. The finish on the thing looked like they forgot to do the final polishing before they blued it. The cylinder gap between the face and the forcing cone was too tight. When you fired a few rounds and it warmed up the cylinder would start to bind. It found a new home quickly also.

Guest Keinengel
Used Glock 36. Would never fire more than three shots of any ammo without some sort of mishap. Even sent it back to factory, was still unreliable on it's best day. Traded it to a guy that had a love of plastic guns. Now we're both happy.

Wow, an unreliable glock... that should be illegal.

Guest BladeZealot

Boy...I really had to search my memory...back in the late 80's when I had an FFL, I ordered a couple Walther PPK COPIES...Hungarian I believe...??

Well, chambered a round with the safety ON. Fired said round!!! Of course they were returned and I got my money back!

I never bought "cheap" handguns before or after, that I can recall.

I've owned inexpensive brands a few times, but always good quality. Never junk...not worth it on so many levels.

Edited by BladeZealot
Guest pjblurton

I have a Clerke 1st .22lr that my dad took off of some guy in a bar fight. It's a real POS. I'm scared to shoot it and think it would be irresponsible to sell it. Don't know if it works or not. I don't think I want to know....

guns%20009.jpg_thumbnail1.jpg

Bersa 380 could not even get 50 rounds before it BROKE! did ok for the first 45 shots, then trigger would not set , a broken Disconnector spring. traded it for a Henry rifle ;)

I have a Clerke 1st .22lr that my dad took off of some guy in a bar fight. It's a real POS. I'm scared to shoot it and think it would be irresponsible to sell it. Don't know if it works or not. I don't think I want to know....

Give you a $1 for it! ;)

These babies are worth something! Eventually there will be a gun buyback program close to you. these are the perfect candidates. If you're lucky they will be offering cash. Had one in Jackson a while back, don't think they were offering cash though.

I have not owned many handguns, but the only one I had to fail was a Kel-Tec p11. I do not remember how many rounds were through it, but it failed to the point that it would not fire. For me, that was a little scary for my carry gun to do this. I quickly sold it after I fixed it. It never had any issues until that failure, but given the nature of the gun and the failure, I have to say it is the worst handgun I have ever owned.

My current crapo is a Glock M19. Thought I'd see what all the excitement was with glocks so I bought this one. It's the first one I've owned, though not the first plastic framed gun I've owned. So far it hasn't made it through a mag yet without at least one failure to extract, or stovepipe. And it just feels like it was made by mattel, I think it's the springie, snappie sound it makes when the trigger is pulled. I distinctly remember having a Secret Sam pistol when I was about 10 years old that made the same sound.

Guest pjblurton
Give you a $1 for it! :bowrofl:
These babies are worth something! Eventually there will be a gun buyback program close to you. these are the perfect candidates. If you're lucky they will be offering cash. Had one in Jackson a while back, don't think they were offering cash though.

Alpha... I wouldn't want to take advantage of a man like that....

seez52... That is EXACTLY what I was waiting for!

Found one on guns america for $79.99 + $12 shipping. That's INSANE!!!

GunsAmerica - Clerke Technicorp .22 LR Clerke First ca. 1970 Cheap Gun - FIE Pistols - Guns For Sale & Gun Auctions B"H

Alpha... I wouldn't want to take advantage of a man like that....

seez52... That is EXACTLY what I was waiting for!

Found one on guns america for $79.99 + $12 shipping. That's INSANE!!!

GunsAmerica - Clerke Technicorp .22 LR Clerke First ca. 1970 Cheap Gun - FIE Pistols - Guns For Sale & Gun Auctions B"H

Sometimes they offer upwards of $100 or more and will take anything. Sometimes even BB guns. I'm always watching for crap guns I can pick up for 25 bucks or so, working or not, figuring I'll cash them in while laughing all the way to the bank.

Guest tnxdshooter
Smith & Wesson SWVE 40. I hated the mile long. 8 pound trigger pull, it jammed constantly, and it was accurate as Stevie Wonder's guns.

That is awfully strange. Mine was the first gun I had. It was a great gun. Never had problems until I got about 1000 rounds through it. Then it started having ftf's. Replaced the springs in the magazine with wolff extra power springs. FTF's stopped at that point. I used it to qualify for my hcp with. Sold it to get my xd for 350 which is a little more than what I paid for it. Talked to guy that bought it. No problems at all. Had a 12 pound stock trigger pull on mine. I took it to predator customs in Knoxville, they polished and tuned the action. Dropped the pull down to about 6.5 pounds.

That is awfully strange. Mine was the first gun I had. It was a great gun. Never had problems until I got about 1000 rounds through it. Then it started having ftf's. Replaced the springs in the magazine with wolff extra power springs. FTF's stopped at that point. I used it to qualify for my hcp with. Sold it to get my xd for 350 which is a little more than what I paid for it. Talked to guy that bought it. No problems at all. Had a 12 pound stock trigger pull on mine. I took it to predator customs in Knoxville, they polished and tuned the action. Dropped the pull down to about 6.5 pounds.

I traded mine for an XD too. Or more specifically, an XDm. Like was already said, there's a lemon in every bunch, and that was mine.

Guest tnxdshooter
I traded mine for an XD too. Or more specifically, an XDm. Like was already said, there's a lemon in every bunch, and that was mine.

That sucks that you had so much problems with it. Mine was a good gun. Not so much as a hiccup yet out of the xd with 800 rounds through it.

Guest FiddleDog

I gotta go with a Keltec PF9. For some reason the lip on the casings would get caught on the magazine and would result in constant FTFeeds. It absolutely hated Monarchs, which is generally what I practice with.