Worst Handgun you've ever owned....

Guest Keinengel

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest tnxdshooter
I gotta go with a Keltec PF9. For some reason the lip on the casings would get caught on the magazine and would result in constant FTFeeds. It absolutely hated Monarchs, which is generally what I practice with.

That is not surprising. I have heard of monarch breaking firing pins, as well as causing Ftfs almost constantly in some guns.

I have a Clerke 1st .22lr that my dad took off of some guy in a bar fight. It's a real POS. I'm scared to shoot it and think it would be irresponsible to sell it. Don't know if it works or not. I don't think I want to know....

guns%20009.jpg_thumbnail1.jpg

:rolleyes::lol: My brother has one of those he got from his late father in law, never been shot and never will. I've seen toy guns made better than that, it truely is a POS but he's keeping it as a novelty. I even think a Crip or a Blood would reject that pistol.

S&W M 59 nickel plated. Bought new in 1980. Never fired a full mag. Wouldn't even feed S&W's own ammo ( yes son, Smith used to sell ammo with their name on it). Sent back to Smith 5 times. Wouldn't feed whole mag of hard-ball. Smith's QC was not very good back then, even worse on their autos. Turned me off from S&W autos for 30 yr. , in fact the SD40 I traded for in June is the first S&W auto I've owned since that POS. M 59.

Kahr P380. Thought this was a quality gun. Fired 500 rounds of various ammo. I had failures to feed and eject. Sent it back to Kahr who replaced the extractor, recoil spring, slide stop spring and polished the feed ramp, slide stop, ejector, and slide. After firing another 150 rounds I still have an occasional failure to feed or eject and now it's not locking the slide back when the magazine is empty.

S&W M 59 nickel plated. Bought new in 1980. Never fired a full mag. Wouldn't even feed S&W's own ammo ( yes son, Smith used to sell ammo with their name on it). Sent back to Smith 5 times. Wouldn't feed whole mag of hard-ball. Smith's QC was not very good back then, even worse on their autos. Turned me off from S&W autos for 30 yr. , in fact the SD40 I traded for in June is the first S&W auto I've owned since that POS. M 59.

A well known name doesn't always guarentee a great firearm. One of the worst I've owned was a new Colt Magnum Carry, a snub nose .357 magnum. It was the only revolver i've owned that actually jammed. Really the cylinder would lock up, fairly often and it wasn't due to the ammo being too long, it was internal. I traded it to a dealer after a few months of buying it, even telling him of the problem. That was back in the early 90's, I think Colt was getting a few quality complaints then.

Mine was a S&W 22A. From the beginning it would not make it thru a magazine without at least one FTF. I managaed to get thru 500 rounds figuring it needing to be broken in but that wasn't the case. I polished the feedramp. breechface and extractor hoping it would help with the problem of it failing to go into battery. The slide was so sloppy that it would sit off center enough that the slide wouldn't close all the way. Still had no luck fixing the issue so I called S&W. There resident expert told me to do the stuff I had already tried. He then said I needed to send it in to be repaired using one of the factory tune ups. I said it was a QC issue from the factory and that I shouldn't have to use one of the free lifetime tuneups. He insisted I needed to send it in but I had to pay for shipping. At that point I just gave up on it and sold it at a gun show. I took a hit because I told the new owner what the problems were. Something else that bothered me that the slide release was wearing down the slide so fast it wouldn't be much longer before the slide release wouldn't hold the slide back any longer.

I have a friend who has the exact same model and has thousands of trouble free rounds thru his.

Dolomite

Guest The Highlander

RG .38 special. I'm 47 and I haven't shaved as much as that pistol did in the couple of boxes of ammo I put through it. Since I inherited the thing, it was only a short time until it was traded for something of equal value. I think I got a box of original 10mm Norma ammo for it. I came out good!

I bought a Bond Arms Snake Slayer and took it out to my range to test. I fired Two rounds of 3 inch #4 and promptly traded it in for something that did not do more damage to me than what I was shooting at.

I to did the same thing only I shot 3" with 00 buck shot. Bad idea on my part, I loaded it with 2 1/2" #4 allot better, that has been a year ago and the buckshot is still in the cabinet.

That think kicked the pnut butter out of me.

Guest GunTroll

Jennings 9. Shot it till the frame cracked just in front of the trigger guard. I saw the crack one day and put some muscle on it to see if I could break it. Well it broke. Worst handgun I ever bought. Think I paid $200 for it too. Lesson learned.

I could be worse. NEW Glock 36 for me, which w/n fire more than 3 rounds w/o mishap.

Used Glock 36. Would never fire more than three shots of any ammo without some sort of mishap. Even sent it back to factory, was still unreliable on it's best day. Traded it to a guy that had a love of plastic guns. Now we're both happy.

That's definately a lemon. Bought my black 59 in the late '70's, and it hasn't jammed yet, that I can recall. Still runs like a top.

Wow. Same gun same problems. Never fed a full magazine without some problem. Finally traded it away.

Glenn

Wow. Same gun same problems. Never fed a full magazine without some problem. Finally traded it away.

Glenn

Dang. I wonder what was up with that? A lot of LEO's, including FBI guys carried the 59 back in the day. Like I said, my black one has been flawless since I pulled it out of the box. I read that it might butt shoot you if you drop it, but never heard them called a POS.

The absolute worst gun I ever owned was a Colt Detective Special that I got when they re-released it in the late 1990s. I got one of the first out from the factory and it was complete and total junk! From the factory and using regular pressure factory ammo, I basically got 3 or 4 rounds out of it before it completely locked up due to internal parts that bent and broke. The gunsmith I worked for at the time fixed it and off to the range I went again. A few more rounds and the thing locked up again. When I was inspecting it, I noticed that the barrel was loose as well. Gunsmith looked at it again and found that the threads on the barrel were all screwed up and he said that he would refund my money and return the gun to Colt. He told me later that Colt had tried to call back the guns from the wholesalers when they had a bunch of problems with them, but some still went out and I got one of them. Since then, we always joked about the "Defective Special" I had.

The next worst was an FEG .380 and I literally got 1 round out of it before the small parts bent and broke inside of it. The gunsmith looked at it and said it was obvious they hadn't heat treated the parts and let me trade it at full-price on something else.

I have an amt automag ll, Six inch barrel. It will only feed Winchester X22MH 40 gr. Jacketed Hollow Point. It feeds reliably and consistently with this ammo. It will not feed anything else with consistancy. Keep away from Winchester Dynapoint it just will not work. I find it very accurate. It is a fun gun to shoot. I have heard a lot of horror stories, all relate back to ammo. I have had a problem with the safety. The safety cracked once, (after 14 years or so). I had it replaced and it has been fine since. One of my favorite guns. Let me know what you think, I'm interested.

Iver Johnson TP-22, I think I bought it new in 82 and paid $70.00 for it. It would cut the tar out of your hand, and had a habit of double firing. I looked like a Walther, sure didn't shoot like one.