AR - LAR 458 Im In Love!

JeffsSig

I didnt see much on the 458 Socom here.

RW turned me on to the 458 and it was love at first sight.

I will have one of these soon and then I can confirm my love affair.

pu458midop.gif

Yes the rounds are a bit pricey. But I am told if you load them the price drops a lot.

556_458_2.png

You do drop only 10 rounds in a 30 round 5.56/223 mag. 223 mags are cheap so I can load a few. Plus the 458 upper uses the 223 lower.

Is it right to LOVE a gun with never shooting it? LOL

Time will tell.

Edited by JeffsSig
  • Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is the evil black rifle way of things. They get you with the gateway rifle, a DPMS or Bushmaster in .223, maybe with a rail. Then its on to specialized stocks, Eotechs, bipods and Surefire lights. You get the sweats when your stash of 5.56 drops below 1K. When the addiction is fully established, you are selling your EDC for an ACOG and the variant uppers. 458, 6.8 and 6.5 Grendels...

My name is Rightwinger, and I'm an addict!

I'm glad to see the interest. It's a fantastic round. You can take a dummy .223 round and amaze your friends and fellow shooters by tilting your AR down and having a round fall out the barrel.

Jeff, not only can you go up to 600 grain monster sub sonics but drop to 86 grain aluminum hollow points. A group called Lehigh makes them. Then you get big and speedy. Jasongar8 would like those as they tend to Flash impressively when fired.

I didnt see much on the 458 Socom here.

RW turned me on to the 458 and it was love at first sight.

I will have one of these soon and then I can confirm my love affair.

pu458midop.gif

I'm not a huge fan of the Mattel guns BUT this 458 SOCOM has magic!!

This is the evil black rifle way of things. They get you with the gateway rifle, a DPMS or Bushmaster in .223, maybe with a rail. Then its on to specialized stocks, Eotechs, bipods and Surefire lights. You get the sweats when your stash of 5.56 drops below 1K. When the addiction is fully established, you are selling your EDC for an ACOG and the variant uppers. 458, 6.8 and 6.5 Grendels...

:biglol: I can see this happening.

1000 rounds does have a special ring to it, doesn't it. Unfortunately, or fortunately for that matter, I get the "sweats" when I see the price of all the add ons and end up backing off when it's time to press the "check out" button on my online orders.

3000.00$ a case? May I ask where your looking?

I haven't even found it by the case, but the average price of a 20 round box has been around $60.00. 1000/20x60=3000. But I just found that if you order direct from SBR you can get 200 rds for $400 which would make a case a paltry $2000.