Where to go this Saturday?

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not sure about IDPA, but in USPSA I don't think a COF can tell you to shoot SH or WH unless it's a classifier or standards. We can make you carry a prop or something that basically forces you to do one or the other, and we could conceivably do that for every COF. But only an idiot of a match director would do so IMO. :)

I think we are like everyone else in that we come out to have fun and not to suffer.:D

Guest BigJ45
TAC2 for me. Had enough SH/WH at Area 8 to last me for awhile...

DaG

Come on DaG, I need you to be there to film the Idpuh match at ORSA so we have something to argue about for the next month. You only had 6 strong hand shots and 6 weak hand shots at A8 surely you can manage a few more.

Edited by BigJ45
I know right, isn't there even some rule about how many stages can have 1 handed shots or something?

There's no rule (in IDPA) about how many stages can include one handed shots. There are rules that state the maximum allowed distance for 1 handed shots; 10 yards for strong hand, 7 yards for weak hand. Also, there are no rules against allowing one handed shots in scenario stages.

Guest BigJ45
Wonder what the holy book of IDPUH says about that?

DaG

There's no rule (in IDPA) about how many stages can include one handed shots. There are rules that state the maximum allowed distance for 1 handed shots; 10 yards for strong hand, 7 yards for weak hand. Also, there are no rules against allowing one handed shots in scenario stages.

And there you have your answer DaG. As written by the apostile Bill in the holy lands of Berryville. Come on, you can't be scared all of your life. Someday you have to face your fears. Lets shoot IDPA. I know you have a tacti-cool vest I have seen it.

And there you have your answer DaG. As written by the apostile Bill in the holy lands of Berryville. Come on, you can't be scared all of your life. Someday you have to face your fears. Lets shoot IDPA. I know you have a tacti-cool vest I have seen it.

:screwy:

BTW, I always thought they called them the "shoot me first!" vest? :devil:

It's all fun. Last Sat, I couldn't find my mag pouch, so I shot half the stage s/h anyway. Had the mag in my left hand until I had to relode. Like I said, It's all fun!!!

I look at it as fun. Target practice with a few dozen friends. I don't consider myself competing against the other shooters as much as I am just trying to make it through with no penalties,(failure to neutralize, hitting innocents, procedurals), however, it's nice to make the 20 most accurate list.

Had the mag in my left hand until I had to relode.

Man, you're lucky. The Rulez Nazis went into overdrive over my video posting on ORSAIDPA. Don't let'em see you do that cause they will call the match director and pitch a hissy fit.

DaG

Man, you're lucky. The Rulez Nazis went into overdrive over my video posting on ORSAIDPA. Don't let'em see you do that cause they will call the match director and pitch a hissy fit.

DaG

...but it was a club match and they're cool about screw-ups, as long as it's not a safety issue. They/we all treat these matches mostly as practice and learning.

The more the RSOs get to know you the stricter they get. This is a good thing. You don't want to go try a competitive event and have it so strict you get discouraged and don't want to go back.

We did get the speech about joining IDPA, getting the rule book and reading it :D.

...but it was a club match and they're cool about screw-ups, as long as it's not a safety issue. They/we all treat these matches mostly as practice and learning.

The more the RSOs get to know you the stricter they get. This is a good thing. You don't want to go try a competitive event and have it so strict you get discouraged and don't want to go back.

We did get the speech about joining IDPA, getting the rule book and reading it :hiding:.

I told you DaG. It's just that they don't like you it's not everybody. Or did I say they just didn't like me. Oh hell they just don't like us that's what it is. Maybe it's that all the SO's know us. Yeah that's it. We need to tell Mike to get us new SO's the ones we have are broken. Farman, ignore all this, DaG's just pissy over the IDPA rules post on the ORSAIDPA forum and I like to pick on him about it. See You'all Sat. Jason

Nah. It's you they don't like BigJ. I'm just guilty as hell by association. I just go all redneck white trash on their asses trying to defend you.

DaG

More like you drag me into it and leave me holding the bag.