I have a serious problem with a moderator - - -

Guest DRB

Am I posting this in the right place?

A *Super Moderator* - Daniel - has really cranked me up in this thread. He presents misinformation and pure bull :) as fact. Attacking a man's religion, even if you don't agree with it, is just flat wrong and, frankly, stupid.

Hey - It happens. It's an internet forum and not everyone has enough intelligence to know when to keep their fingers off of the keyboard. Daniel apparently is WAY short on intelligence - That's not my problem :D

BUT

When called on it he locked the thread and keeps opening it to add ridiculous, non-factual arguments to support his totally false position -- then locks the thread again. This is no way to run a forum.

If you don't want me to express my opinion - Well, not much I can do about that. But to insult me and MANY, MANY others with no recourse - Well that just sucks!

I am (and have been for over 40 years) a Tennessee Gun Owner (and user) and this seemed like it would be a great place to hang out on the net. BUT..........

What can be done? Anything? Is this really the quality of person that you want moderating these *discussions*?

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not going to try to get in the middle of the argument here, however I did notice the thread was closed. I thought Glenn Beck's speech was a very positive thing no matter whether or not you like the guy. I think the thread, although had gone somewhat away from topic, was an informative thread. I like Glenn Beck a lot, and it was interesting to me to see how many people dis-liked him. It has not changed my position on the guy at all, however it was interesting to read why people dis-liked him and as with anything I like to hear both sides of the story.

I would like to know why the thread was locked?

Also, in regards to the above post about not questioning a moderator..... if a moderator is going to actively enter a discussion then the members should be able to continue the debate regardless of the debate including a moderator. Either join the discussion actively, or stay out of it all together.

Edited by Kenstaroni
Guest Straight Shooter

DRB is RIGHT.

And DANIEL aint the only one doing it, either.

I question why several of the "mods" here are so young. They think they know everything...when in fact they aint lived enough to much.

Daniel..Ill call you out right now, and STRICKJ too for that matter. Yall get by with stuff that would get me or other members banned.

I guess if your life experiance involves computers more than guns, that qualifies you to be a "mod".

Lately, theres been less and less gun/shooting info here and more and more B.S.

And some of that B.S. is by "mods".

I'm not going to try to get in the middle of the argument here, however I did notice the thread was closed. I thought Glenn Beck's speech was a very positive thing no matter whether or not you like the guy. I think the thread, although had gone somewhat away from topic, was an informative thread. I like Glenn Beck a lot, and it was interesting to me to see how many people dis-liked him. It has not changed my position on the guy at all, however it was interesting to read why people dis-liked him and as with anything I like to hear both sides of the story.

I would like to know why the thread was locked?

Also, in regards to the above post about not questioning a moderator..... if a moderator is going to actively enter a discussion then the members should be able to continue the debate regardless of the debate including a moderator. Either join the discussion actively, or stay out of it all together.

As I said, I didnt lock it nor do I know who did. I invite them to post here with the answer as to why as well. I would guess it was a preemptive strike.

I participated in the discussion as a user not as a moderator and took no action against anyone for disagreeing with me.

DRB is RIGHT.

And DANIEL aint the only one doing it, either.

I question why several of the "mods" here are so young. They think they know everything...when in fact they aint lived enough to much.

Daniel..Ill call you out right now, and STRICKJ too for that matter. Yall get by with stuff that would get me or other members banned.

I guess if your life experiance involves computers more than guns, that qualifies you to be a "mod".

Lately, theres been less and less gun/shooting info here and more and more B.S.

And some of that B.S. is by "mods".

You are right. I am a computer commando.

I was not trying to say that you did or did not lock the thread. I just said it is currently closed. I am not arguing whether or not you did anything wrong Daniel. I thought your comments were fine (even though I didn't agree with them, but that's a non-issue). I only commented because I wanted to know why the thread was locked (by whoever locked it). I have no problem with you man, I don't let the TGO stuff get under my skin like some of the other members....lol

Guest bkelm18

ike_where_this_thread_is_going-vi.jpg

Appears a couple folks have forgotten the Code of Conduct. This isn't your house. It's their house. Don't like it... well... GTFO. Pretty simple.

Edited by bkelm18

I can't wait to get old, so my opinion is valid in discussions with my elders...what say you, Daniel?

Whether Mormonism is or is not the same thing as Christianity is a matter of opinion obviously. I guess Mormons think they are the real deal and Christians think they are not a deal at all.

Guest Straight Shooter

Daniel, I dont know what age is appropriate.

But I do know your not mature enough to know when to shut your mouth. The original post that started that thread simply said Becks rally was on and told where to find, FOR THOSE OF US INTERESTED IN IT, PERIOD.

Right away, 2nd post matter of fact, the haters set in. There was nothing to debate, either watch it, or dont, you, and others didnt have to turn it into a debate on religion, and start downing those of us who have religious beliefs. Ohhh, I know DANIEL......you didnt do that, now did you? Nooo. YES, YOU and others DID.

It was a prime time for you, and others, to have simply SHUT YOUR MOUTHS, and let those of us who cared, were interested, discuss the matter.

Some of you geeks think your f-ing G.I. JOE or something on these forums, and like you yourself said, your only a computer commando. Why dont you sit back, and let the grown ups talk, and maybe you and STRICKJ and a couple others here will learn something.

Now, Im done. I myself, have a job Ive got to get too, I cant play online all day like some of you girls do.

BTW...this isnt going to "end well"? You dont mean.....GAAAASP....BAAANNED?!! OH GOD NO!

BKELM18...your ANOTHER young punk who likes to be a commando. NONE of know enough to fill the head of a pin. YOU GTFO, nancy.

Edited by Straight Shooter
ike_where_this_thread_is_going-vi.jpg

Appears a couple folks have forgotten the Code of Conduct. This isn't your house. It's their house. Don't like it... well... GTFO. Pretty simple.

Typical response. For someone your age.

Daniel, I dont know what age is appropriate.

But I do know your not mature enough to know when to shut your mouth. The original post that started that thread simply said Becks rally was on and told where to find, FOR THOSE OF US INTERESTED IN IT, PERIOD.

Right away, 2nd post matter of fact, the haters set in. There was nothing to debate, either watch it, or dont, you, and others didnt have to turn it into a debate on religion, and start downing those of us who have religious beliefs. Ohhh, I know DANIEL......you didnt do that, now did you? Nooo. YES, YOU and others DID.

It was a prime time for you, and others, to have simply SHUT YOUR MOUTHS, and let those of us who cared, were interested, discuss the matter.

Some of you geeks think your f-ing G.I. JOE or something on these forums, and like you yourself said, your only a computer commando. Why dont you sit back, and let the grown ups talk, and maybe you and STRICKJ and a couple others here will learn something.

Now, Im done. I myself, have a job Ive got to get too, I cant play online all day like some of you girls do.

I believe it is time for someone to shut their mouth. I will give you plenty of time to get to work on your job without us bothering you any longer.

I never liked that analogy. It's not their house. They rent space on a couple of servers and perhaps a database. They don't even own the software; they buy rights to use it.

It's more like renting a conference hall at a hotel, charging some admission to come in, and then throwing them out when they say something that you don't like or question the bouncers.

EDIT: But like you said, if'n ya don't like it then don't come in.

Edited by SWJewellTN
Guest bkelm18
Typical response. For someone your age.

Yes, I know you old timers have trouble following the rules. Just thought I'd remind everyone there's always the door out if it becomes so unbearable. :)