• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Rainmaker

Perhaps the fear is that by driving out muslims that have done nothing to harm their neighbors will give violent elements even more to be angry about.

Sort of how like blasting black people with firehoses and siccing dogs on them in the seventies built antiestablishment sympathies.

I think it is because they want something and will

not be denied by the "infidels",

hence the veiled threat.

I think you are exactly right. I'ts red meat for the radical islamic world to proclaim that islam has defeated the "great satan" right here in his own land.

Who cares about the "threat"? --- It simply makes no difference --a certain fraction of this bunch hates us anyway. This whole "radical" islamic thing will not calm down or get worse because of any act of the usa or any other "infidel state". My problem with it is the kid glove handling of it. I say, lets hoist the black flag and finish it (...but that will never happen...). Remember the words of the great Roman general who proclamed: "....Let them hate us as long as they fear us!!....". We are spending way too much time trying to appease them. It simply wont work.

Food for thought.

Leroy

Leroy, it's amazing that that last paragraph defines

a successful political and military doctrine we used

to be able to project. It worked, yet now we are

cowards in our foreign policy. It won't be soon

enough for me when this administration is gone,

for that very reason.

Guest Ghostrider

Yes, Steel, it IS a threat. And where before I was ok with it, now I'm ticked - and I want to stop it simply for SPITE.

The English and other europeans have discovered that when the muslim population gets large enough, they can make these kinds of demands and if they don't get their way, the muslim world will become inflamed and that could cause violence due to the "provocation" of the infidels not giving in.

But what really set me off was the name of the project. I will post an excerpt below and a link - please go to the link and read it. Ignorance of history and the muslims battle plan is our biggest enemy here....

On the question of the mosque itself, however, I don’t think any treatment of the topic can be complete without reference to the meaning behind the name of the “initiative” that intends to establish it – the Cordoba Initiative – or to the plan to name the mosque Cordoba House. My first question on hearing this a couple of weeks ago was whether Americans are completely ignorant of history.

A Mosque Named “Cordoba House” at Ground Zero

Yes, Steel, it IS a threat. And where before I was ok with it, now I'm ticked - and I want to stop it simply for SPITE.

The English and other europeans have discovered that when the muslim population gets large enough, they can make these kinds of demands and if they don't get their way, the muslim world will become inflamed and that could cause violence due to the "provocation" of the infidels not giving in.

But what really set me off was the name of the project. I will post an excerpt below and a link - please go to the link and read it. Ignorance of history and the muslims battle plan is our biggest enemy here....

A Mosque Named “Cordoba House†at Ground Zero

Ghost:_____________

Thank you for posting the "Cordoba House" link. You are right on target with the "ignorance of history" observation. The fact is that the islamists are working to establish a "western victory shrine" in the new world. What better place than in the very location (...NYC....) that had more Jews in it than Israel until just a few years ago? More than that; the islamists seem to believe that NYC is, in fact, the center of the headquarters of the "great satan" (....sometimes i find myself believing that one myself....). I believe that all this is highly symbolic to them.

Thanks for posting this great article.

Keep up the good work.

Kind regards and keep your powder dry,

Leroy

It flat out is a threat. Location is important to them as it is a battlefield victory in their eyes. They build these things where they have won a battle.

The "victory" was by extremists so why would the mainstream Muslims want to build a mosque near ground zero so bad?....

Why does it sound like a threat? Because it is a threat. Ducks, walking, quacking...some assembly required. So long as we are willing to modify our actions in fearful apprehension of "potential" violence from Islamists around the world (heh...potential - like it's not a GD certainty, no matter what happens here), it's a VERY effective threat. That crackpot preacher in Gainesville hasn't burned a thing yet, and they've already rioted in Afghanistan over his jackassery.

They said on talk radio that one reason the Muslims want to build it in that precise location was because a piece of the tail section of one of the airplanes fell through the roof of the building that rested there on 9/11.

And yes, by jingo's, it was a threat....beyond a shadow of a doubt.

Why is this thread closed? I'm a new guy, just curious. Thanks

It's not closed, Cox...it's just Strel, up to his usual shenanigan's.

Hang around, and you'll learn his MO.

They said on talk radio that one reason the Muslims want to build it in that precise location was because a piece of the tail section of one of the airplanes fell through the roof of the building that rested there on 9/11.

And yes, by jingo's, it was a threat....beyond a shadow of a doubt.

It was actually landing gear crashing through the roof that condemned the building...I'd guess that the cheap price of the structure had more to do with the decision than that.

That said, it seems an awful lot like a sack dance in the backfield. I'm only one fool among millions, but if I were trying to build an interfaith dialogue, this is probably not how I would try to start it. Personally, I'd publically disavow AQ, Hamas, and Hezbollah, or something crazy like that, and then maybe consider introducing others to some of the more positive aspects of my religion. I would definitely make sure to treat women like full citizens and human beings as well, but that's just me spitballing ideas.

I do not believe there is any such thing as a Muslim who is not an extremist.

You are correct, Mike. IMO they are ALL a bunch of lunatics.

Maybe it's that towel thingy, wrapped on their head too tight, or something.

I do not believe there is any such thing as a Muslim who is not an extremist.

I should have added a smiley or something.

There was supposed to have been a large does of sarcasm in my post. :tough::rolleyes::D:rolleyes::P:rolleyes:

The only reason that the mosque "has" to be that close to ground zero is that they really do believe it's some kind of victory over the United States.