TGO only Fighting Pistol course in Camden TN (May 26-27)

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, an even more updated list:

Attendees for the May 26-27 dates in Camden:

Definites::)

1) WingedSnake

2) Len

3-4) Wareagle + brother-in-law

5) Mike

6) GlocKingTN

Maybes::D

6) Mike's friend -Mike, can you get the guy to join TGO?

7) TonyM -sounds like he's in

8) Archimedes - sounds in

9) Demon -maybe in

10) Rooster -sounds in

11) Tungsten -interested but not yet confirmed.

So we have 6 for sure and 6 maybes.

-Len

One more question. I've got about a 3 hour drive to get to Camden from here. I know that we can stay in the "team room" on Saturday night, but what about Friday night??? I'm planning on leaving on Friday night and arriving around 10pm and staying in the area so as to be rested up for Saturday morning's activities. Are you allowing people to stay there on Friday night as well, or is it just for Saturday night?????

Guest WingedSnake

Shay/James -

How do you want the people who are definitely going to attend the class to register and pay for it? (Since it's not on your website.) Snail mail or...?

Thanks again!

-Fawn

One more question. I've got about a 3 hour drive to get to Camden from here. I know that we can stay in the "team room" on Saturday night, but what about Friday night??? I'm planning on leaving on Friday night and arriving around 10pm and staying in the area so as to be rested up for Saturday morning's activities. Are you allowing people to stay there on Friday night as well, or is it just for Saturday night?????

Come early and stay late.

Guest Shay VanVlymen

Ok TGO'ers. I put up a TGO only Fighting Pistol class. Hit the schedule page and scroll down to May. You'll see the class.

Register by clicking the register button on the right. They class price is set to $350 and you have to pay at least a 50% deposit during registration to hold a space in the class.

http://www.TacticalResponse.com/training/schedule.php

Remember, we are closing the class at 12 students. First come, first serve. Get it while it's hot!

Registered. Thanks James and Shay for your willingness to help make the TGO-only class happen!

Everyone else: Registration was quick and easy. Hope to see you all May 26!

-Len

Guest Hyaloid

I'd love to attend, but my wife is expecting our 2nd child in May...

We need to figure out what is causing these pregnancies, and stop it.

Thanks for providing the generous opportunity!

Guest Shay VanVlymen

Yeah, my wife went and got herself pregnant once...

Guest 0down

I think there might be a movie about that, I will have to do a google search....

Guest GlocKingTN
Ok, an even more updated list:

Attendees for the May 26-27 dates in Camden:

Definites::devil:

1) WingedSnake

2) Len

3-4) Wareagle + brother-in-law

5) Mike

6) GlocKingTN

Maybes::D

6) Mike's friend -Mike, can you get the guy to join TGO?

7) TonyM -sounds like he's in

8) Archimedes - sounds in

9) Demon -maybe in

10) Rooster -sounds in

11) Tungsten -interested but not yet confirmed.

So we have 6 for sure and 6 maybes.

-Len

Sorry guys, Im not gonna be able to make it looks like! Im not 100% sure Im not, but I would rather give someone else a chance than to hold a spot and not be able to make it. You can find my reason in my newest thread in "Off Topic" section!

Guest db99wj

I think there might be a movie about that, I will have to do a google search....

When ya'll find out, please let me know, we just found out that we are having our 4th.:lol::D

Guest GlocKingTN
When ya'll find out, please let me know, we just found out that we are having our 4th.:D:D

I could tell you db, but Im on a public forum...:lol:

Actually, it's in the water I believe!:D

Guest Shay VanVlymen

I though I'd share two students' reviews from this week's Fighting Pistol class in San Jose, California.

I learned a whole lot in this class. The skills are techniques are reality based and the drills will keep your mind engaged while you have to properly run the gun. The shooting on the move, from behind cover, and "up close in your face" have to be experienced to fully understand. Read all the literature you want about them but there is no replacement for actually doing it.

James and Aaron also have you set up so when you get a type 1 malfunction, you reflexively clear it and move on; you hardly have to think about it and the malfunction hardly slow you down when it happens.

Then there was also the lecture on when you can and cannot shoot, mindset, tactics, what to do and not to do... OODA loop.

Not only do we get to learn and do all that (plus lots more) in the class, I was extremely surprised that James and Aaron was able to cram all of it into 2 days!

I highly recommend this class to anyone of any training background or experience to attend. James and Aaron are great instructors. They have another class in September 2007 in San Jose again if you are thinking about it.

I am looking forward to the advanced class.

If you haven't trained with Tactical Response you are doing yourself and your loved ones a disservice. I have been floating around here on GOTX for a while and entertained the idea of training out in Camden for about a year now. Because of monetary reasons and scheduling constraints it never happened. Several weeks ago a friend of mine told me there was a class locally and he was going, we signed up together and just completed the Fighting Pistol class. This has been by far the most educational and useful class on LIFE that i have ever attended. James and Aaron took a group of "shooters" with backgrounds varying from this being their 10-12th class from big name instructors to people with no formal firearms training at all, and had them on the same page by lunch the fist day. They don't care if your old, fat, male, female, a hippie, or a prick. They will teach you how to fight and survive a violent encounter. The lectures are interesting and very applicable and then followed up by live fire drills that reinforce what was just discussed. Not once in 16 hours of instruction did i look at my watch or want to leave. For me that is unheard of because i have a tremendously short attention span. The drills are well thought out and safely executed despite the fact that by the end of the first day you will be doing things that most "big schools" wont let you do after a week of instruction. I have no reservations about recommending this class to anyone who values their personal safety or that of their loved ones. I know that i will continue to train with this outfit and that the last two days have literally been a life changing event for me. The only regret i do have is not taking this class sooner!