Attention Old Timers!

VERO1

I have noticed an increasing number of threads pertaining to old age= correctness. We do not know everything just because we have been here a few more years. Believe it or not the youngin's have some good ideas. I consider myself one of you, since I will soon be hitting the big 53!

To completely dismiss someones opinion because of their age is ignorant. I may not agree, but I will listen. If what I hear is wrong (according to me) I will voice my views.

I hope I never get to old to listen and learn, no matter the age of the teacher!

Pull your Depends out of your crack and live the rest of your life to the fullest!

Rant Off: That is all! :lol:

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

VERO, If you are so proud of your age why not display it?

And I agree. So to those that are younger, be prepared for correction...or encouragement if you are correct. B) Cope with the former and appreciate the latter. :D

Edited by Garufa

Experience is one hell of a teacher. It's not that the young folks do or don't know

everything, but it can surely be the way they deliver their message. Right and

wrong don't discriminate due to age. Garufa is right.

BTW, I've had CRS all my life. B)

Guest Glock23ForMe

I agree with the OP, I'm not trying to be mean, but us "Young idiots" really don't listen whenever we get called out for being young.... It's just built into us, I guess.

I have noticed an increasing number of threads pertaining to old age= correctness. We do not know everything just because we have been here a few more years. Believe it or not the youngin's have some good ideas. I consider myself one of you, since I will soon be hitting the big 53!

To completely dismiss someones opinion because of their age is ignorant. I may not agree, but I will listen. If what I hear is wrong (according to me) I will voice my views.

I hope I never get to old to listen and learn, no matter the age of the teacher!

Pull your Depends out of your crack and live the rest of your life to the fullest!

Rant Off: That is all! :grouchy:

:up:

I agree with the OP, I'm not trying to be mean, but us "Young idiots" really don't listen whenever we get called out for being young.... It's just built into us, I guess.
:grouchy:

You guys don't know WTF you are talking about. You have to be older than 40 to know anything about guns. :up::D

Guest Glock23ForMe
You guys don't know WTF you are talking about. You have to be older than 40 to know anything about guns. :up::D

All that is missing is a:

Why don't you young kids go change your diaper, cry to your momma, and let the adults talk...

:D :D

Experience is one hell of a teacher. It's not that the young folks do or don't know

everything, but it can surely be the way they deliver their message. Right and

wrong don't discriminate due to age. Garufa is right.

BTW, I've had CRS all my life. :grouchy:

I'll be honest, I'm more apt to go to an old timer for advice most of the time. That being said, I suspect the young guys deliver their messages the way they do because they are sick of being called idiots seemingly no matter what they say. People go to war and fight and die for our country at 18. By 25 it is possible to have plenty of experience relating to the use of firearms.

There are some things that you learn with age. There are some things you learn with practice. You may have more life experience, but if a 25 year old has spent everyday of the last 7 years doing something you haven't done in decades he may be a better source on that subject. Not every subject, but that subject.

Note this isn't directed at you 6.8 AR, just general statements from what I've seen in other threads.

.....(...older men...) Treat younger men as brothers, ---(....younger men...) Do not rebuke an older man harshly, but exhort him as if he were your father. (...reversed from the original text. ).....

Said another way: ..... Dont say (...or do...) anything that you wouldn't want God, your mother, your dog, or your grandchild to hear you say (...or do...). ..... Remember, this is a two way street.

All that being said: I feel exactly like Farman. He hit the nail square on the head here:

...To tell the truth

I'm getting dumber. I knew everything when I was 16
(...i was a "late bloomer"... i peaked at about 25 -- Leroy....),
but there is so much I know nothing about now

"Antique" Leroy

I'll be honest, I'm more apt to go to an old timer for advice most of the time. That being said, I suspect the young guys deliver their messages the way they do because they are sick of being called idiots seemingly no matter what they say. People go to war and fight and die for our country at 18. By 25 it is possible to have plenty of experience relating to the use of firearms.

There are some things that you learn with age. There are some things you learn with practice. You may have more life experience, but if a 25 year old has spent everyday of the last 7 years doing something you haven't done in decades he may be a better source on that subject. Not every subject, but that subject.

Note this isn't directed at you 6.8 AR, just general statements from what I've seen in other threads.

Right you are. I give everyone a certain amount of respect until they prove they are not worthy of it. Others prove they are worthy of even more respect and they get that too. I've known 70 year olds that were full of crap, and I've known 21 year olds that were more squared away than half the folks I know. In short, age means little in and of itself. Someone who is a tard at 21 will most likely be a tard at 71. Likewise is true for someone who is squared away.