A really bad day....

Guest Keinengel

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest TargetShooter84

Well, since your navigator is non-working condition....does it mean that we can use it as a target range? :D

Haha

In all seriousness, sorry to hear about your bad day though and to the future granddaddy too.

Button if he's 18 that's Statutory Rape if she's under 16 in Tennessee I believe. I can't remember if it's a 4 year age difference or not, but I'd look into it if he's gonna act like a POS.

Statutory rape is the unlawful sexual penetration of a victim by the defendant or of the defendant by the victim when:

(1) The victim is at least thirteen (13) but less than fifteen (15) years of age and the defendant is at least four (4) years but less than ten (10) years older than the victim; or

(2) The victim is at least fifteen (15) but less than eighteen (18) years of age and the defendant is more than five (5) but less than ten (10) years older than the victim.

I just found out I'm going to be a grandfather at 35!!! it was not a great day for me either

congrats on the new member of the family, it is about a baby now, the rest means nothing.

Oh yeah and not that I'm racist or anything however, this world is unfortunatly, the bady is going to be of mixed race. Which in this world will only make things more difficult for her and the baby because the baby will never really fit in any where and will have to overcome many extra challenges

Maybe ten or twenty years ago, means nothing now. The baby's life will be what your daughter and her family make of it.

Hey... Just pray that the baby will be healthy.. I mean, you never know.. Peyton Manning came from a womb, so did Bill Gates. Don't discount that child that's in her belly for lost yet. It could be someone that will be horrendously successful and awesome.. Just love it, care for it, and treat it like your own. It'll all work out.

Good words here. Hope for health first and foremost, the rest will work out. One day you will look back and wonder how you ever got along without the little bugger. The baby might be the best thing that ever happens for you.

I lost a friend yesterday to cancer, he was only 30.

You didn't have a bad day.

Good perspective. Blown motors and knocked up daughters are really only minor inconveniences.

I am sorry for your loss.

This is a case of Been There, Done That in both instances. It is a part of experiencing life. We gain life experience by enduring minor situations and maturity by how we react in these life situations. The exciting thing is how very common a blown engine has been in many peoples lives throughout the years and the out of wedlock teen age pregnancy, while not as common is an every day occurrence as is the interracial portion of the experience.

Welcome to the everyday happening of life that many here have already experienced.

Maybe ten or twenty years ago, means nothing now.

'Fraid I have to disagree there... Look around you. Look at any newspaper or news web site... We're a long way from it not mattering. Race, religion, gender... all of those things are still very much a source of contention and conflict, along with a few other things.

The baby's life will be what your daughter and her family make of it.

Again, no. How the kid's life starts off is up to B.H. and his daughter, but how it ends up will ultimately be up to the child, chance, and circumstance.

As the saying goes, "Sometimes the raising just don't take"... but also, sometimes life just doesn't allow it to. Buttonhook and his daughter just have to do the best they can, and hope all goes well.

No matter how it all works out, the fact is that it will eventually work out though. :)

Well, since your navigator is non-working condition....does it mean that we can use it as a target range? :)

There you go the answer to the problem!!

Find a place to shoot it at and charge to do it!

I'm sure there are quite a few people here that would love to test penetration on a SUV and espically the motor block then sell the rest to one of those we pick it up and haul it for you scrap places when done.

Ought to bring enough for a craigslist beater!

Jamie:

I heard a lot of "we did our best" and it usually came down to following the examples set by the parents or the parents wanting to be more lenient with the children. Having been raised in a dysfunctional family i made it a point to study people and relationships. That has been my main hobby throughout my adult life. Did I make mistakes? Sure! Did I learn from them? Who knows! But I continue watching and experiencing life where ever it may lead.

Guest tnxdshooter
So today started out like any other I suppose. I got up and took my younger brother to school then started head in the direction of cookeville to go to school my self. And then It all went wrong... I got off 840 and on to I-40 and then my SUV started to shake violently. At first I just figured it was the EGR valve throwing a fit and causing a misfire like it does so I went to pull over and let it chill for a minute or two. Then it went clank and smoke came pouring out from under the hood. So I got out and took a look at it myself and It was a mess. After the wrecker came and It to my uncle's house (who is a mechanic) He declared that the Engine had blown. Apparently on of the Thermostats had gone out and the instrument gauge wasn't showing the engine temp. And the radiator decided to go out again this morning as well.

It's a 1998 Lincoln Navigator that my parents bout in 2000 and I bought from them in 2006 after joining the army. It had 199,000 miles on it right before the engine blew and we'd already replaced the transmission, radiator and dozens of other parts. I don't have the money to get it running again and I definatly don't have the money to buy a new car so this was definatly a bad day indeed. So i guess I'll prolly sell the last gun I have left, lol.

I guess the point being that a lot of us are being forced to drive beat up old vehicles to death because we simply don't have the money to replace them.

Instead of a whole new motor couldnt you just buy some new heads if they are cracked or if not just buy a head gasket and replace it.

Guest tnxdshooter
Meh the problem Is without my car I'm totally stuck. My family is all poor so I'm not gonna get any help on this one. Gotta work, gotta go to school, etc. This sucks. ;)

If they are poor how and why did they get a navigator?

Guest Keinengel

Well remember when the tech industry crashed and all those software companies went with it? The Enron days and what not. The only reason my familiy moved back to tennessee a long time ago was because my dad has lost his high priced job and couldnt get another one. He hasn't been able to make more than 30,000 annually since when hes even working at all.

• Admin Team

I'm 35, and cannot imagine having grandkids at this point in my life! That said, Buttonhook if you are my age, you've got some experience having kids at a young age. Help impart your experience to you daughter. Her choices will have a lasting impact on her life, but that does not have to define her experience or her child's experience in life from here forward. Everyday is a new day, and while there are always things that we let get in the way, there is at least one person everyday who can begin to change your experience for the better.

I appreciate Mike.357's post above. Were I in your situation I would listen to what he has to say, and even reach out to him. He has lived the highs and definite lows of your experience for the last couple years. And, his focus is where it rightly belongs - on the kid who doesn't deserve to suffer the consequences of bad choice made by their parents.

To the OP, from your posts, you look like you are trying to do everything in your capability to change your current situation. I applaud you for that, and expect you will come through this fine. Whether it's getting the Navigation fixed (run away! quickly!), fixing the F-150, or finding a temporary beater, you'll be fine. Don't lose perspective. This is just a speed bump. It's a pain right now, but you'll be fine.