ANYONE USE MOZILLA FOXFIRE AS BROWSER?

ftncityfatboy

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Drewsett

I'm back to getting attack notifications from Norton while using IE now. The sheer volume of attempted attacks each time I access the site is a little off-putting. The attacks stopped while the ads were down...

• Administrator

I've made some changes to our own banner ads (local vendors) and the way that they are served up to stop this nonsense from happening. For what it's worth, our ads are what they claimed were malicious code most recently. Pretty idiotic of them, but I'll play along since I have absolutely no recourse not to.

In honor of this, I'm sporting a new avatar. Enjoy. :P

I just got about five or six pop-ups, all blank, Chrome warned me twice, I checked the box the first time, the second time it did it again, I checked it again.

I had a couple of dialog boxes pop up, a Windows Error Report search box, Windows Media Player, and then something tried to download.

This doesn't look good, but I do believe that there is more to this than just Google labeling the site as unsafe. I am starting to think the site might be unsafe at the time being.

• Administrator

@Murgatroy - that's an asinine and completely idiotic statement. However since you must be more enlightened on technical matters concerning my server than I am, why don't you jump in and tell us how to fix it.

I'm waiting. I mean, I really DO know what needed to be done, but why don't you fill me in.

That or keep stupid remarks like that to yourself.

@Murgatroy - that's an asinine and completely idiotic statement. However since you must be more enlightened on technical matters concerning my server than I am, why don't you jump in and tell us how to fix it.

I'm waiting. I mean, I really DO know what needed to be done, but why don't you fill me in.

That or keep stupid remarks like that to yourself.

What David said.

I have bypassed the Google block since last Saturday and my machine has not self-destructed. If you're afraid then stay away.

Guest Drewsett

I did find a tunneling connection into my pc, a fake network adapter set up, and norton went haywire for a couple of hours today shortly after I accessed TGO today. It could be a coincidence, and I certainly hope that it is, but it may be worth looking into, David. I am not on my pc at the moment, but when I get home I will dig through my logs for the ip addresses and sites that were malicious and send them to you in a pm if you would like to check, just for safety's sake.

• Administrator

Jesus, guys... TGO was never compromised nor did it have any malware on it. Google's engines simply found old versions of our local banner ad script that could have been used to compromise the server itself... not your computers. :up:

Closing this thread. Wayyyyy too much assumption and conjecture going on in here and I'm a little too pissed about the entire ordeal right now to not start yelling at people. This is why they keep me locked away at work. I hate explaining, I just fix things.

:drama: