Firefox Blocking Problem-Request for help

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Lester Weevils

The latency of the onset of this problem was gradual over about a day. It would be interesting to know why the block appeared for some folks sooner than others. Wonder if it has anything to do with caching of information in each person's web browser? Or maybe different people were getting the "blacklist feed" from different servers, and some servers picked up slower than others?

When the first reports came in on Friday, I couldn't see the problem for several hours on any of my browsers. Then when the block hit, it hit every computer/browser at my location at the same time. It doesn't sound like a caching issue within each computer. Maybe all my computers were getting the block information from the same upstream source, and my source didn't update as soon as some others. Wonder if this is mediated by security servers at each ISP? I'm on AT&T.

If the block propagated over about a day, then the un-block will probably take time to propagate also.

David did a great job resolving the problem. Thanks David!

It showed up blocked for me on my first attempt monday morning. I read the thread saying Google had fixed it after lunch today and found it to be fixed immediately. I may no attempts with Firefox between monday morning and this afternoon. That said, just keep trying. :wave:

Mine started working fine again yesterday or today (Google Chrome and IE) but just a minute ago I hit the back button or 'whats new' and this popped up

Untitled.jpg

That is what usually popped up when I tried with IE over the last few days and I got the usual google warning while using chrome. But the above avast message was while I was using chrome and already in the site, it then gave me the usual google warning page.

Guest Lester Weevils

It started blocking here again, just within the last hour. It worked fine all day, then started blocking again.

Did the banner ads get fixed about the same time by any chance? I know David said it ain't the ads and we shouldn't speculate. And I agree we shouldn't speculate. OTOH, earlier it wasn't blocking and the banner ads were broken, and now the banner ads are working and it is blocking again.

It started blocking here again, just within the last hour. It worked fine all day, then started blocking again.

Did the banner ads get fixed about the same time by any chance? I know David said it ain't the ads and we shouldn't speculate. And I agree we shouldn't speculate. OTOH, earlier it wasn't blocking and the banner ads were broken, and now the banner ads are working and it is blocking again.

The banner ads worked fine for me yesterday when I wasn't getting the attack site junk. It started again this morning so I just disabled it in Firefox.

I have never been blocked. I did get a a message from the browser telling me "This website wants to run the following add-on: '2007 Microsoft Office component' from 'Microsoft Corporation'. If you trust the website and the add-on and want to allow it to run, click here..."

Never happened before but has happened at least twice this morning.

Guest Glock23ForMe

I turned off my "Disable Attack Sites," which enabled it to filter the sites, and it still popped up saying this was an attack site. I turned it off quickly.

Leave Firefox set to block attack sites. Click on the exceptions button. Another box will pop up. Type www.tngunowners.com and click allow.

I am not even going to do that. This morning, my anitvirus blocked a "malicious URL" while loading a page on TGO. I'm leaving it blocked in Firefox, and I have my IE security settings cranked up to maximum (blocking all links, banner ads, etc...). If that doesn't stop this crap, I guess I will have to use my iPhone to look at TGO.

• Administrator
Hope we can get a fix on this. I'm not real comfortable having my "block" feature turned off.

Believe me... I'd like to get a fix on it as well so I can stop sinking so much time into fighting Google, the Russians and whomever else is trying to screw with us. :D

• Administrator
I am not even going to do that. This morning, my anitvirus blocked a "malicious URL" while loading a page on TGO. I'm leaving it blocked in Firefox, and I have my IE security settings cranked up to maximum (blocking all links, banner ads, etc...). If that doesn't stop this crap, I guess I will have to use my iPhone to look at TGO.

You might want to check it again. Those problems have been fixed... I think.