Bow Hunters Sound Off!

Anyone else going to be sitting in a tree or blind at daylight Saturday? I have Monday and Tuesday off work so I plan to hunt 4 days straight. Looking for a nice buck, but not going to pass a fat doe standing broadside either.

Good luck and remember to be safe.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Going Bear Hunting IN Monroe County On Sunday getting a bear with a bow will be an awsome trophy. And then the next two weekends will be gun hunts in Monroe County for bears dogs permitted. Will be sitting waiting for the dogs to run the bears by.

Going Bear Hunting IN Monroe County On Sunday getting a bear with a bow will be an awsome trophy. And then the next two weekends will be gun hunts in Monroe County for bears dogs permitted. Will be sitting waiting for the dogs to run the bears by.

What do you do with that much meat and where do you display a bear trophy?

Dont Know never killed a bear before but i bet a rug on my wall would probably look pretty good or maybe on of my kids would love to sleep on the hide. As for the meat i will be giving it to my friends or any one that would like to try it.

The full moon phase probably won't help things this weekend, but hopefully the front that is moving through will. Good luck bear hunting. I ate some black bear years ago when I lived in Alaska. It wasn't bad. I had it as a candied ham and I had it in chili with caribou. It was a little trough, but tasted good.

I plan to be out Saturday afternoon. We have been doing some construction at our place and later this year I plan to be hunting off our back deck. Yes, I am getting old and lazy

Looking at the weather, Sunday evening and Monday look to be the best bets.

I hope to hit a tree Saturday afternoon and Sunday Morning. Monday will likely be a great day.

I hate working.

I am retired and can hunt at my convenience. You guys that have to work can feel free to hate me.

Will do! :D

Looking at the weather, Sunday evening and Monday look to be the best bets.

That's what I was thinking. I'll be off Monday. As long as the wife lets me, I might find myself up a tree that morning...

I'll be out there waiting for the fog to roll out of the valley. But if I shoot like i have been shooting this week all the deer are safe. Im putting meat in the freezer first this year so them does better watch it, then I'm huntin the bigguns.

Funny Brother! But, when you use the right deer scent, (don't forget to splash a'little behind the ears) you don't have to chase them far at all! LOL But I will be in a stand Saturday to say the least! Everyone have a safe and wonderful weekend!

Stand-hunters...wear your safety harnesses.

I've treated a few pelvic and back fractures / paraplegia from hunters who thought they were agile enough to grab on.

Be safe, boys.

I'm not going either this year. I don't think I will do much deer hunting as I am concentrating on killing more coyotes this year.

Well if any deer get in the way of your coyote hunting, you just let me know. I don't mind wasting my time up a tree. Honestly, I just like the taste of deer better than coyote. :dirty:

Someone has to devote their efforts to killing those filthy coyotes.