Female members??

Hello!

I am a new female member here and I was just wondering how many other members are women? It is hard for me to meet other females that are interested in guns/shooting/outdoors, second ammendment issues, etc. I would love to meet some other like minded women :P

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest TargetShooter84

I know there are a few ladies in here, and they are helpful with the threads so its great to have opinions from ladies and men! Hope you enjoy this site!

Guest TargetShooter84
welcome to tgo

this gives me an idea....maybe i should start a single female thread :)

You have my full support for that...it would be nice to see a female similar to my age that is around locally and likes guns as much as I do, and possibly hang out for some target shooting....JMHO

My wife is a member but she rarely posts. I'm glad to see more females here! I hold a firm belief that if more women learn the martial art of firearms, there would be less women victims!

I hope that you and all the women that are a part of our little community post up more often!

not only do your posts bring a different viewpoint to the conversation, but they induce otherwise rowdy folks to calm down :)

(that was a potshot at myself..I can't help it, I'm the only one I can pick on without fear of getting a black eye out of the deal..)

My wife is a member but she rarely posts. I'm glad to see more females here! I hold a firm belief that if more women learn the martial art of firearms, there would be less women victims!

I hope that you and all the women that are a part of our little community post up more often!

not only do your posts bring a different viewpoint to the conversation, but they induce otherwise rowdy folks to calm down :rolleyes:

(that was a potshot at myself..I can't help it, I'm the only one I can pick on without fear of getting a black eye out of the deal..)

Absolutely!!! More women need to stand up, quit being helpless victims, and learn how to use an Equalizer!!! And please, if you are a woman and are going to take the handgun permit class, know your weapon and how to load and handle it!!!

When I took my handgun permit class there were two other women there. When we went to the range for the shooting part of the class, they didn't even know how to load their guns! One of them had a gun so big she could hardly hold it up! The instructor let the women go first and asked for three men to volunteer to help each of us load our guns. One guy came up to me and I told him I didn't need his help, thanks anyway. The other two women definitely needed help and when they shot, they shot very slowly and very badly! My turn came up and I loaded and emptied my mag quickly into the target without a problem, or help from a man....and if I must say so myself, a nice grouping too;) The really sad part of this story is the instructor passed those other two women! They should not have passed until they showed that they could handle those guns all by themselves.

Anyway, the main point I'm trying to make here is this - Women....please don't be helpless targets and/or victims!!! More women definitely need to learn how to shoot and get a permit to carry! Please take my advice though and select a weapon that feels good in your hand, is light enough to be comfortable to carry (on your body, not in your purse!!!!) and last but certainly not least, get familiar with handling, loading and shooting it. It's kind of like insurance.....you might not ever need it, but if you do need it, you will be very glad you had it!

Very well said. My wife and I have been talking, as recently as today, about getting her more involved with handguns. She has shot in the past, as a child, but nothing in years. We have 4 kids and live in Memphis, she needs to know how to handle my handguns and my shotgun. I might not get her to carry.......yet, but she is at least going to know how to handle my handguns and my shotgun. If I am out of town or working late, she will know how to protect herself and the kids, by herself.

Plus, we can have a similar interest that we can do together, and also get the kids involved. We have a date night coming, guess where we are going! Yep, Dinner and the range!

Guest TargetShooter84
We have a date night coming, guess where we are going! Yep, Dinner and the range!

Haha, I wish I could find a decent girl that really likes to go to the range and shoot some rounds for fun....that'd be cool

I know what you mean..I broke down and told my wife that to shoot her .308 stg58, it costs around .50 cents a round. now she doesn't want to shoot it because it costs too much!

I know she likes shooting it because the last time we took it to the range, she was out there for 6 hours! I don't mind buying the ammo for her..she just doesn't like the idea of spending the ammo..:rolleyes:

can someone think of some argument to help me convince her otherwise?

I've tried the reloading approach....I guess I'll just have to go buy 3000 rounds of 308 and tell her to shoot till she's happy....and keep buying alot of it.!:D

Guest canynracer
... We have a date night coming, guess where we are going! Yep, Dinner and the range!

you goin to RangeUSA?

dinner AT the range is even better!!!!:D

they have the date night thing on Fridays....

Guest canynracer
I know what you mean..I broke down and told my wife that to shoot her .308 stg58, it costs around .50 cents a round. now she doesn't want to shoot it because it costs too much!

I know she likes shooting it because the last time we took it to the range, she was out there for 6 hours! I don't mind buying the ammo for her..she just doesn't like the idea of spending the ammo..:D

can someone think of some argument to help me convince her otherwise?

I've tried the reloading approach....I guess I'll just have to go buy 3000 rounds of 308 and tell her to shoot till she's happy....and keep buying alot of it.!:P

or buy her a 9mm :)

Tower did you ever think about getting her an ultra nice high quality heavy barrel .22?

If she can plink shot gun hulls from three hundred yards with that it might pacify her a little.

I did that today...GMTA! she got a sig saur mosquito. not quite the heavy barrel .22 that *I* wanted, but she's been wanting a mosquito for over a year now...and since she got me the EMP for Christmas I figured why not!?

oh..next time you come up you MUST come check out her *other* christmas gift..

*sigh* my wife has great taste in everything..so she got a 52 inch sony bravia lcd tv for christmas.

talk about taking a baseball to the wallet! But in her defense, the picture is astounding.

Guest TargetShooter84
I did that today...GMTA! she got a sig saur mosquito. not quite the heavy barrel .22 that *I* wanted, but she's been wanting a mosquito for over a year now...and since she got me the EMP for Christmas I figured why not!?

Women are expensive! LOL! You got pics of the Mosquito?