Female members??

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That Sig is real nice looking Tower. I hope Julie liked it. And that TV is a win/win for you too!!

Sounds like you need to get back on the towers again to pay for all this, lol

I am happy for you all man!

PS: if you talk to Mark tell him I said hi and that I hope all is well with him!

Thanks mike! the TV is paid for, so is the Sig. :( one of the benefits of having THE most dangerous job in the US (according to OSHA) is that sometimes you find the right company and the pay ain't too shabby.:(

The sig shoots exceptionally well for a shorter barrel target pistol.

it fits her hand just the way she wants it to..but she's so used to shooting a .45 (her desert baby eagle) that she says it feels too light to her. I shot it and at 20 yards I was putting 3 rounds into the paper within a bullets width distance of each other...and its not even broken in yet.

the only bad part was the price tag..it was a hefty 400 bucks and I only got 1 mag with it since it was made in the U.S (the european ones come with 2 magazines)

takedown is really easy and the best part is there aren't any plastic parts to replace like on the smith 22a1. thats the real reason I got rid of that pistol. other folks may not mind buying the buffer pads for it..and they're cheap..but I wanted a pistol that didn't have any non-durable parts in it. The Sig fit that bill.

*sigh* some days you can't win.

I spoke to Mark last night. they have him in fiber optic repair school. after that he's going to a new (to the fleet) ship. the Captain asked for him by name.

He's doing ok...misses home like all get out...just like me.

I'm going to booms' house on friday, pm me with your tel. number, if you will (I switched phones with Julie and got my numbers all funky now) and I'll see about stopping by!

Edited by towerclimber37

Hey guys.....maybe you can help me decide which pistol I should buy for my little boy. I want to get him a .22 for his first handgun. I have a couple years before he's ready for one since he's only three now......but I'd like to know which model might be good for a boys first pistol? Ruger maybe? What do you think? That Sig looks nice.....but I'd like something with a longer barrel I think....a little more long range accuracy maybe? But I also want dependability too....not a gun that jams all the time. I used to have a beautiful Colt Woodman from the 40's that my dad gave me......that gun would have been perfect for him, but my home burned down in 1995 and I lost that gun along with a Glock 17, two shotguns, and a Winchester Model 94 .22 rifle...oh, and my dad's 1970's Bear Recurve bow (just like the one they have in the movie Deliverance):koolaid:

Guest TargetShooter84

Your kid is 3 years old? I'd say get the Red Ryder BB Gun first then when the kid is in the teens, that'll be a good time to look at real guns....

Your kid is 3 years old? I'd say get the Red Ryder BB Gun first then when the kid is in the teens, that'll be a good time to look at real guns....

Target, I've been shooting guns of all shapes and sizes since I was 4 years old so that means I've been shooting guns 12 years longer than you've been alive :koolaid::D My son WILL start with a red ryder...probably this summer. Then after we learn the basics with that, we will move up to a .22 rifle with a scope, probably by next summer. Then, at five years old, he will learn to shoot a handgun.....which will be a .22. What's the matter Target? Didn't you get to start shooting REAL GUNS until you were in your teens? I think that you should base when to let your children shoot real guns on their maturity level......so maybe you got a late start in that department ehhh?:lol::D

Edited by PackinMama
want to add something
Guest TargetShooter84
Target, I've been shooting guns of all shapes and sizes since I was 4 years old so that means I've been shooting guns 12 years longer than you've been alive :lol::D My son WILL start with a red ryder...probably this summer. Then after we learn the basics with that, we will move up to a .22 rifle with a scope, probably by next summer. Then, at five years old, he will learn to shoot a handgun.....which will be a .22. What's the matter Target? Didn't you get to start shooting REAL GUNS until you were in your teens? I think that you should base when to let your children shoot real guns on their maturity level......so maybe you got a late start in that department ehhh?:(:D

Haha, Very much well understood! Actually and unfortunately, I didnt learn to shoot handguns til I was about 14, and dont blame me for that, blame my paranoid dad! I have shot .22 rifles when I was younger though so I do agree that it is a good way to start out with first after red ryder so I was pretty good with the rifles and still am, but I prefer handguns now...your kid will be a terrific rifle shooter, but not good as me! :) Haha! :koolaid:

My five year old grandson is not ready to shoot a real gun yet. Not to say yours won't be. Can't wait until I think he is old enough though.

If I was going to buy him a handgun it would be a single action .22 revolver. That will be the first one of mine he will shoot.

Let's see.....so far only three female members besides myself have posted here. We've got Redhead 1911, TNDixieGirl, and Bastet. There's got to be some more of us on here! Come on girls, chime in and let us know your here! :D

Hey mama..if I give you my wifes' number (we live in Kingsport) perhaps you 2 could go out to the range together....

My brother has a private range and I love to shoot there whenever I get a chance.

she needs the practice!!!

oh..and also, you might see a pistol you'd want to try out :P

hmhmhmhmh

Hey mama..if I give you my wifes' number (we live in Kingsport) perhaps you 2 could go out to the range together....

My brother has a private range and I love to shoot there whenever I get a chance.

she needs the practice!!!

oh..and also, you might see a pistol you'd want to try out :P

hmhmhmhmh

Tower, thanks for the offer but I don't get out that way very often. I have 34 acres here that I can shoot on and I hardly get the chance these days :( My three year old, my aging mother, and this farm is like having three full time jobs. My son is too young right now to take shooting and I don't have a babysitter. I wish I could come out and shoot....maybe in a couple years when he's older and starts school I can have some time for myself again. That's a big reason I joined this forum.....since I don't get to shoot much right now, at least I can read and talk about it to get my fix :D;)

Tower, thanks for the offer but I don't get out that way very often. I have 34 acres here that I can shoot on and I hardly get the chance these days :P My three year old, my aging mother, and this farm is like having three full time jobs. My son is too young right now to take shooting and I don't have a babysitter. I wish I could come out and shoot....maybe in a couple years when he's older and starts school I can have some time for myself again. That's a big reason I joined this forum.....since I don't get to shoot much right now, at least I can read and talk about it to get my fix :D:(

I share your pain! i had a half a day to shoot when I went home..I didn't get home for 7 weeks. I miss my wife all the time..but she got indignant when she wanted to go to the range and i hurried her to get ready..I told her "I'm going to the range with you or without you...I need this...it's therapy for me."

that went over like a fart in church..but it was true non the less.

Guest shellig

Nope, still looking. I may be going to Coal Creek on Tuesday to look and maybe fire different calibers. I still feel nervous about this but still sure it is something I need to do for myself. Thanks for the welcome!

Guest TargetShooter84
Nope, still looking. I may be going to Coal Creek on Tuesday to look and maybe fire different calibers. I still feel nervous about this but still sure it is something I need to do for myself. Thanks for the welcome!

I have purchased a gun from Coal Creek so let me know if you have any questions about anything! What caliber are you aiming for? Just PM me if you got anything you want to know.

Edited by TargetShooter84

Shelli, For what my .02 is worth, since you are a beginner, I would either go for a .38 revolver or a 9mm auto. They are both sufficient calibers for defense purposes and not bad on recoil......and you can get a fairly small lightweight gun in either one.....which would be good for carrying. I would recommend that you check out a Taurus Ultra-Lite .38 revolver and a Glock 26 9mm. I carry a Taurus and Guns&Dobes just bought a Glock 26. The Taurus is a good gun for the money....you can get one for about $350-$375 out the door brand new. The Glock 26 is a little more $, it will run about $550 otd new.

Shelli, For what my .02 is worth, since you are a beginner, I would either go for a .38 revolver or a 9mm auto. They are both sufficient calibers for defense purposes and not bad on recoil......and you can get a fairly small lightweight gun in either one.....which would be good for carrying. I would recommend that you check out a Taurus Ultra-Lite .38 revolver and a Glock 26 9mm. I carry a Taurus and Guns&Dobes just bought a Glock 26. The Taurus is a good gun for the money....you can get one for about $350-$375 out the door brand new. The Glock 26 is a little more $, it will run about $550 otd new.

heck, even some of us folks that have used firearms for a long while, STILL shoot these calibers.

remember..shooting someone is like real estate...LOCATION LOCATION LOCATION ;)

you can use a .40 or a .45 and it won't matter a bit if you can't hit what you're aiming at.

heck, even some of us folks that have used firearms for a long while, STILL shoot these calibers.

remember..shooting someone is like real estate...LOCATION LOCATION LOCATION :D

you can use a .40 or a .45 and it won't matter a bit if you can't hit what you're aiming at.

:up:;) I agree 100% Tower!