California Governor Signs Marijuana Decriminalization Bill

Il Duce

I never smoked it.

I never smoked cigarettes either.

However I support making pot legal and taxed.

If they make it legal and tax it reasonable, it will be cheaper then the people selling it on the streets.

Sure people could grow it at home, however the yard around effort to do so would be more then most would want to do, so they would just go to the store and buy it.

I agree it should be treated more like alcohol, not used while at work or driving.

I fully support it for medical use.

Anyone that is against it for medical use, I would like to know why they would be against a person that is in real pain and discomfort possibly on a death bed from using it.

When I am on my death bed, if I am awake if I ask for a 5th of liquor or something else, I expect to be given it. If a doctor happens to say that will make me worse I hope I have the present of mind to tell him/her can you make me better with out it?

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

owever I support making pot legal and taxed...

Damn, how about we just double tax YOUR statist ass, and all the others who keep saying tax tax tax?

I should have the right to grow any damn thing I want on my own turf for personal use.

This includes tomatoes, okra, tobacco, marijuana, and opium.

Tax free.

I should be able to make my own whiskey, too, if I lived in even a marginally free frigging country.

- OS

Guest Lester Weevils
Damn, how about we just double tax YOUR statist ass, and all the others who keep saying tax tax tax?

I should have the right to grow any damn thing I want on my own turf for personal use.

Tax free.

I should be able to make my own whiskey, too, if I lived in even a marginally free frigging country.

- OS

Yup.

Im not entirely sure that they would feel comfortable publicly adding their 2 cents, but I'd honestly like to hear the personal opinions of the LEO's that frequent this site.

As an LEO, I would never publicly say "For the love of God, can we stop wasting all of this freaking money on a so-called 'war' we're not winning against a drug that's not even as bad as alcohol?" You'd have to ask me in private. :sick:

Google "L.E.A.P." - you'll find that there are tens of thousands of us that are sick of the current situation, ranging from local LEOs to judges, prosecutors, and even some DEA agents.

Tax free.

- OS

tumblr_l8i7taS23i1qzyj11o1_500.jpg

Guest Drewsett

Tax free.

- OS

Did I or did I not say tax the sale? Not being statist, the Constitution gives the .gov the right to regulate interstate commerce and Congress the right to levy taxes. The state constitution of TN has this to say:

Section 28. In accordance with the following provisions, all property real, personal

or mixed shall be subject to taxation, but the Legislature may except such

as may be held by the state, by counties, cities or towns, and used exclusively for

public or corporation purposes, and such as may be held and used for pur poses

purely religious, charitable, scientific, literary or educational, and shall ex cept

the direct product of the soil in the hands of the producer, and his immediate

vendee

...which reads to me that once the grower has sold it, any further sale can be legally taxed.

Anarchy doesn't work and there are some services government has to do. Taxes fund that. There will be taxes. Taxes are not unconstitutional, INCOME taxes are unconstitutional.

We agree, really --when you think about it.

Tax free.

- OS

THIS. is the best post in the thread. Nothing would shine brighter to me than the goverment getting out of my life.

And fwiw, ( sort of over simplified) the only reason weed is illegal is that a bunch of racist, white politicians decided they could hold the black man down by doing this.

• Moderators
THIS. is the best post in the thread. Nothing would shine brighter to me than the goverment getting out of my life.

And fwiw, ( sort of over simplified) the only reason weed is illegal is that a bunch of racist, white politicians decided they could hold the black man down by doing this.

And the Mexicans, don't forget the Mexicans.
Guest Lester Weevils

Sales tax is to be expected. Sin tax is undesirable, but probably to be expected.

Tax on privately grown stock should not happen, but probably would.

Palatable whiskey or pleasant-to-smoke tobacco is not something the average idiot can make or grow, so even if there are restrictions on the average idiot making whiskey or ceegars for his own use, for practical purposes it doesn't cramp many folks because they wouldn't bother anyway.

OTOH, growing pot is pretty dern easy, and if it were decriminalized you would eventually find it growing wild out alongside the road.

Guest Lester Weevils

I've lost so many brain cells from old age, certainly wouldn't want to get even more stupid from smoking pot, even if I weren't allergic to it.

But from TV documentaries about Amsterdam and such, I got the impression that quality seed is the biggest hurdle. The rest would be gardening. Dunno if that is true.

Tax free.

- OS

Going to try and reply from my phone. I meant make it legal and tax sales. Once it is legal then your backyard personal garden should not be affected. Just like corn or anything else people legally grow for personal use.

My tax intend comment was for commercial sales to be legal.

Guest Abominable_Hillbilly
I notice no one wants to try and refute my stance that the .gov does have the right to tax it.

I'll refute your position that the government has any "rights" at all. The government (in our Founders' ideal) had mere privileges, and, specifically, only those privileges granted to it by the people. The government wasn't born with any inherent, unalienable rights in private property. Like we were.

As to your initial assertion, yes, the legislature can legislate to levy taxes. The Treasury Department could probably reconnoiter an old man selling vegetables out of the bed of his pickup on the side of the highway and develop enough PC to get a federal judge to sign a search warrant. How much government do we really want?

... I got the impression that quality seed is the biggest hurdle...

Yeah, way back when I ... um.. er...well, you know, knew of some folks who grew weed, getting the seed from high quality Mex/Columbian/whatever was imperative.

Replanting TN weed that had gone to fruition was never as good, and each generation lost potency. Something about the latitude, length of days, angle of sunlight, whatever.

Of course, a grower on top of the situation pulls the males as soon as they sex out, so you don't get seeds period, unless they accidentally get pollinated from somebody else's field.

There are many many nuances to growing pot, and especially if using artificial lighting indoors.

I've never really understood how the government is able to produce anything remotely consistent as far as the medically legal stuff is concerned, and maybe they actually don't. All the federal legal stuff used to come from the one federal pot farm run down at Ole Miss, maybe still does.

I've also never really understood all the California medical sales situation, either, where with a doctor's certificate you can buy. But they show a wide variety of pot varieties for sale, but it's still illegal to grow it, so have never understood where all those different strains of pot actually come from.

- OS

Edited by OhShoot
Guest 6.8 AR
I notice no one wants to try and refute my stance that the .gov does have the right to tax it.

It's not that it's legal or a right, but that it's a dumb idea to give a legislator more money.

It doesn't solve anything to allow taxation. If you're wanting to legalize pot, taxing it won't

do anything more than transfer someone's money to another. It's the statist ideal and it

benefit's no one other than to grow government. Banning machine guns drop the murder rate?

That $200 stupid tax that people pay for their privilege to continue to play with otherwise

banned weapons and accessories is another example of statism and outright tyranny.

Like I said before, I don't care about the pot, but I care a lot about some stupid statist idea

about taxation, and that's a much more important thing to prevent than worrying about Cheech

and Chong.

California, as usual, the leader in whacko ideas, and the eighth largest economy in the world, which

is as bankrupt in their budget as they are in their liberal do-gooder crap, passes another stupid

law and raises taxes. Watch their revenue drop a bit more. They are such a great model for the

masses to fall into lockstep with. I wish that state would slide off into the Pacific Ocean.

Pot is a naturally occurring plant, and probably should have never been criminalized in the first

place. I don't really care, one way or the other, but when you rationalize away your rights and/or

privileges by allowing taxation to replace criminalization, when there are more important things

to deal with, you will lose the important battles.

Yes, it is important, but you can live without it(or maybe you can't). Deal with more important issues.

This distraction will be around to be dealt with later.

• Moderators
Marijuana plants are either male or female . The male Marijuana plants produce pollen which pollinates the flowers of the female Marijuana plant, which once pollenized, produce seeds . If the female Marijuana plant isn't pollenized (if there are no male Mariuana plants nearby producing pollen), the flower/buds continue to develop and produce THC. Female Marijuana plants which are not pollenized are referred to as sinsemilla (without seeds). Usually 30-50% of the Marijuana plants are male.

What's the Difference you ask?

Males are often, but not always, tall with stout stems , sporadic branching and few leaves. Males are usually harvested except those used for breeding, after their sex has been determined, but before the pollen is shed. When harvesting, especially if close to females, cut the Marijuana plant off at the base, taking care to shake the male as little as possible. This helps prevent any accidental pollination by an unnoticed, open male flower.

When a male enters the stage of flower development, the tips of the branches where a bud would develop will start to grow what looks like a little bud (little balls) but it will have no white hairs coming out of it. Females will have no balls and will have small white hairs.

Cannabis in temperate climates begin to show his sexual identity by the end of July (end of January in the southern hemisphere) in different dates according to the varieties, Marijuana being the resinous flower of female cannabis plants intended for seed production, in absence of pollen buds turns out pure sensimilla weed and is gentle and sweet to smoke.

It is very important to get rid of male plants on time, as they are unwanted pollen carriers. By the early flowering stage male cannabis, if compared to female's, shows quite a different structure but the characteristic excrescencies would be the sex indicator this are called primordia and will emerge by the side of the third or fourth internodes in the main stem.

Female cannabis are completely revealed when the characteristic "V" shaped pistils become visible, all this to a close observation. Outdoors males will uncover themselves approximately three weeks before the females, indoors sexing of both males and females happens within a week to ten days according to the variety.

We've heard of urban legends about environmental conditions, age of seeds, added chemicals and even lunar stages having an influence on sexual differentiation of Cannabis; you might take note of those suggestions as personal communications, but a good handbook or an internet surf works the best if you lack in experience when sexing.

Here ya go Daniel.

Between this and the nasal douching thread, I am totally going to get my car searched by kb4ns next time I roll through Bartlett. :(

Edited by Chucktshoes
How the hell do you know the sex of a plant?

The plants sex out after 2-3 months, depending.

Male marijuana plants are quite distinctive. Once you've seen the difference, you can pick them out long before they ever form the first pollen sac.

They males immediately put all their effort into making those, and lose overall foliage and potency from then on. The pollen itself contains no THC, or at least not enough for a buzz.

- OS

Guest jackdm3

If the collective opinions of this thread reflect TGO as a whole and perhaps the general body of Tennesseans, it's an encouraging improvement in our priorities. Heard many a LEO say, "Pot is NOT among the real problems we deal with."