Middle TN Owl Hollow Meet 10/30

I have seen some guys asking about a shoot at Owl Hollow. Let's make it happen before the winter gets the best of us. October 30th 11am -2pm let's meet at Owl Hollow just south of Franklin. I have reserved the private side of the range and we will have it to ourselves. We can shoot pistol, skeet, and rifle on that side. There is a grill on site if we want to cook some hot dogs or something. The cost is $5 per person for nonmembers, members of Owl Hollow are free. The cost of membership is $40 per year and well worth it.

Edit 10/27The weather looks to be perfect for Saturday! We need a few folding tables to hold all the weapons. If you can bring one just throw it in.

I'll have a table setup for name tags and collecting your 5 bucks. Try to bring exact change to make it a little easier. We will have a safety briefing at 11am, if your running a few minutes late we can fill you in when you get there. You still have a few days to stock up on ammo, targets, and clay pigeons. Just remember nothing is for sale at the range and unfortunately no pumpkins, just clay and paper targets.

The range address is 2795 Owl Hollow Rd, Franklin, TN. Pull down the drive and behind the log cabin style home. If you think you might have trouble finding it, just PM me and I'll give you my cell.

Edited by bigwakes
  • Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Broomhead

I want to attend as well. I will have to check dates and times to make sure nothing else is planned, shouldn't be a problem though. I can probably talk my Dad into coming as well, he has an assortment of C&R rifles and handguns. I will be bringing, if I can make it, a Kel-Tec P-32, HiPoint C9, Remington 870 Wingmaster with custom pistol grip, a Mosin Nagant 91/30, and my favorite, my baby, a Ruger 10/22 Archangel.

I can also demonstrate/teach some of the basic Appleseed marksmanship ideals.

Guest Broomhead
I want to attend as well. I will have to check dates and times to make sure nothing else is planned, shouldn't be a problem though. I can probably talk my Dad into coming as well, he has an assortment of C&R rifles and handguns. I will be bringing, if I can make it, a Kel-Tec P-32, HiPoint C9, Remington 870 Wingmaster with custom pistol grip, a Mosin Nagant 91/30, and my favorite, my baby, a Ruger 10/22 Archangel.

I can also demonstrate/teach some of the basic Appleseed marksmanship ideals.

Well, the Old Lady has to work that day, one of the few Saturdays that she has to work. Damn. I will have to schmooze my Mom to see if she will watch my girls while Dad and I come on down. I am not finished trying to attend this baby yet. Don't count me out.

Well, the Old Lady has to work that day, one of the few Saturdays that she has to work. Damn. I will have to schmooze my Mom to see if she will watch my girls while Dad and I come on down. I am not finished trying to attend this baby yet. Don't count me out.

Ya in? Ya out? Ya in? Ya out? Ya in? Ya out? :-D

I'll be there. I might be able to schmooze the wife into making some of her delicious potato salad, but I'll have to start now. I'll bring my Sig 556 as well as a couple of handguns. Probably throw the .22 rifle in there in case there are any kids or others that want to shoot it. If you bring ammo you're welcome to fire any of my guns.

If you bring ammo you're welcome to fire any of my guns.

That's a great point! You don't want to be "that guy" mooching off of other members and their sweet toys. If you want to shoot somebodies firearm, bring ammo in that caliber. Remember you can't buy anything at the range. You will need to have all your ammo, targets, eye/ear protection and clay pigeons (if you plan to shoot skeet) with you when you get there. The only targets that can be shot at the range are paper and clay pigeons.

That's a great point! You don't want to be "that guy" mooching off of other members and their sweet toys. If you want to shoot somebodies firearm, bring ammo in that caliber. Remember you can't buy anything at the range. You will need to have all your ammo, targets, eye/ear protection and clay pigeons (if you plan to shoot skeet) with you when you get there. The only targets that can be shot at the range are paper and clay pigeons.

I wish I could come, but the fam will be in town that weekend. On the ammo thing, some folks/guns might be picky about what type of ammo they shoot, so having some small bills on hand might be a good idea as well.