Ruger SR40

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

seemed like a logical step for me. I was checking out their site the other day wondering why no 40. I'd love to get a hold of one of these to shoot. I'm usually a smith guy but these feel real good in the hand. Maybe not M&P good but good.

They aren't - some dealer really dropped the ball and violated the terms of service with their distributor. Won't make Ruger happy at all.

...but it did let the cat out of the bag for us.

Huh?

Anyway, we'll have some on Tuesday if anyone in this area is interested, dunno what price they are yet.

Guest Sgt. Joe

Rut Row :tinfoil:

I can remember a day when I did not even feel I needed a gun....then one day I did.:)

Then I learned that one is none and two is one, kinda like algebra except I like it.:D

Now I have a "list" of must haves and every time it starts to get caught up?.....Here comes another one :usa:

I really Love my SR9 and the "c" and this thing is probably going to end up on that list also.:poop:

I have always recovered from any illness that I have ever had, except of course the mental ones which I enjoy too much to give up, but this "Gotta have Gun" thing...?...I do believe is terminal.

Contributions Humbly accepted;)

And I would not be surprised to see an SR45 in the future if this thing sells and performs like the SR9's and their little brothers have.:cool:

Guest Sgt. Joe
They stopped .05 calliber short. :bored: Keep trying!!!

I would think that by next year we will see the SR-45.

Ruger is out to pick up all the market share that they can and if the SR-40 sells as well as the SR9 and SR9c have and the new slide design does not require massive recalls and such I fully expect they will follow with a 45.

I would like to say that because it is built on the same frame that they have been using that there should be no problems that would require a recall. They did manage to fix all the SR's initial problems and then built the "c" with that design and improved the triggers and most folks have been really happy with those.

But since they changed the slide design we shall have to wait and see if they build a Winner or a Wiener with the 40.:tinfoil:

I've still got too many on the "list" to worry about it for now anyway.;)

Edited by Sgt. Joe

Hope it's as good as the SR9. A lot of people seem to be against the SR series due to early trigger design worries, but I've got a SR9 produced after the original recall and have put over 1,000 rounds through it & never had a problem of any kind. I've shot almost every brand of FMJ, hollow points, +P, and it has performed perfectly. Never had a problem with the magazines or trigger & they are extremely accurate. I can't wait to try one out. The SR9's are by far one of the best pistols you can buy, especially in this price range & I can't wait to see how the SR40 performs! I bought my SR9 and threw my Glock away! They retail for $525, but you can probably find them in the $450-$475 range.

Edited by luvmyberetta
Guest Sgt. Joe

I agree with that ^^^^^ I have the SR and the "c" and have yet to have any problem from either. Excellent price range and an American Made product, I really think they are hard to beat for the money.

Edited to add, I only paid $399.00 for each of mine.

Edited by Sgt. Joe
Guest The Highlander

I LOVE my SR9! It is the easiest carrying of the guns in my "rotation" which include a SIG 220 and several Glocks. It was made after the initial recall, and has been flawless. Quite accurate, and I really, really like the ergonomics of the gun. Definitely my favorite 9mm, but please don't tell my Glocks. Mine was $429 for the all black version, which I prefer.

I don't own a .40, and don't see a need to stock ammo in another caliber, so I'll wait on the .45 version. Definitely be interested in the .45!

Guest Sgt. Joe
You know, I got the announcement email earlier today from Ruger, and you were the first person that came to mind, Sgt. Joe. :poop:

Yep you know I love mine. OD green full size in van holster and "c" on hip, thats the way I roll and the way I like it:)

Now that I have a Ranger pick up I have to figure out something new and it looks like it will be a just between the seats kind of thing, but you can bet they will be going if I do;)

They aren't - some dealer really dropped the ball and violated the terms of service with their distributor. Won't make Ruger happy at all.

...but it did let the cat out of the bag for us.

Don't know about that but D&T's got one coming either by Friday or early next week. The two-tone SR40. I really like the SR9 so I can't wait to see the 40 for comparison.