TN carry permit forms

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest KarolinaKid

When I took mine to the DMV they made me fill out their forms there anyway. I tried to hand in the forms I had downloaded, but they said they don't do it that way and made me fill them out on site.

My instructor for the CCW class said you could fill them out beforehand but they had to be signed in person. So if you signed them before you got there that may be why they made you fill them out again. I think they have to witness the signature.

• Administrator
Mine was in the back of the TDOS training booklet that was passed out when I took the required course.

You got to keep a book? The class at On Target didn't give books to the students. I still have my book from my Kentucky permit class years ago.

Guest Rooster

I took the class this last Saturday with a few of my friends. One of them has already gone to the DMV and he had the forms from the website already filled out. It seems that the forms they have at the DMV are a triplicate type of form and they will make you fill that one out and wont accept the form from the website. Just an FYI.

I went to DMV and asked for the forms and they gave them to me but told me to not sign them until i had finished the class and was standing in front of the DMV person so they could witness me signing them.

Guest ProguninTN
You got to keep a book? The class at On Target didn't give books to the students. I still have my book from my Kentucky permit class years ago.

I don't know if this is unique to my class or instructor, but I got to keep a book and several handouts of useful information. I took a joint class for Armed Security License/Handgun Carry Permit where I received forms and information. The information consisted of legal issues, firearms safety, and how to operate firearms of various action types. As for the forms, I completed the parts that did not require a witness elsewhere, and they were still accepted.

Speaking of the forms, does anybody know of any legal challenges to the SSN requirement ? I know that the AG opined that HCP's were recreational licenses,and therefore disclosure of the SSN is required. How ever, I know of successful lawsuits against SSN's in other states. Federal courts have enjoined collection of the SSN citing Section 7 of FERPA.