Changing up the XD.

gunrunner32

So I talked myself into changing my XD around, out with the old in with the new. I'm pretty happy with the Duracoat on it so I decided to leave that alone. Because of the Duracoat I won't be stippling it any time soon, so what's left? Change the sights around. I decided to go a little overboard and figured my AK didnt need it's Docter sight anymore since afterall it's an AK. So I knocked out the rear sight and inserted a Springer Precision Docter/Jpoint mount. Threw the Docter on it and boresighted it. I'll shoot it next weekend to get it completely dialed in. Here's the results:

IMG00102-20101009-1626.jpgIMG00105-20101009-1627.jpg

Feel free to criticize, I'm not 100% sure I like it yet either.

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure about the carry part, still trying to talk my wife into letting me get my CHP. She says I need to work on my patience and temper first. I'm glad some of ya'll like it, I'll be bringing it to the Owl Hollow shoot on the 30th, hopefully with a nice stock of .45 as well.

Getting my HCP actually helped me with my temper. I realize the responsibility of carrying and know that I *always* have to be the bigger man and walk away from frustrating situations. If you happen to print and you're angry, someone will probably call the cops about the crazy guy with a gun, even if you aren't doing anything to justify it.

Guest Bronker
Getting my HCP actually helped me with my temper. I realize the responsibility of carrying and know that I *always* have to be the bigger man and walk away from frustrating situations...

This.

I like the Docter sight for its intended application. Would not rely on it as a EDC piece however. The XD, however, is as good and reliable weapon ever devised. I've owned, and carried several. I love that platform.

The duracoating is really, really cool. Well done.

It's a Mac, what do you expect?

Hey, at least it still lets you access this site...it's only a matter of time until TGO reroutes to locavore vegan recipes and locally sourced handmade clothing if those hippies have their way. I love my iPhone, but Apple's insistence on total control of the user experience runs contra their old "1984" commercials more than a little.

Guest carbonarcher

Looks really Nice! Have you ever checked out the burris fastfire? I know Docter can be a little pricey! I love the camo, have an XD-9 service my self. Did you leave the trigger stock or have you played with the springer trigger kits?

Thanks

I like both the sight and the dura coat. Did you do the Dura coat yourself? If not, who did you have to do it for you? Again, the sight and the coating make for a very unique and interesting gun. Great idea.

I like both the sight and the dura coat. Did you do the Dura coat yourself? If not, who did you have to do it for you? Again, the sight and the coating make for a very unique and interesting gun. Great idea.

I did the duracoating myself, and after some careful cohersing with one of my larger hammers I got the factory rear sight out.

I did the duracoating myself, and after some careful cohersing with one of my larger hammers I got the factory rear sight out.

That's the ticket! Use a bigger hammer! Always gets the job done! But seriously, I like the sight. I bet it would be great for my old eyes.

Not sure about the carry part, still trying to talk my wife into letting me get my CHP. She says I need to work on my patience and temper first. I'm glad some of ya'll like it, I'll be bringing it to the Owl Hollow shoot on the 30th, hopefully with a nice stock of .45 as well.

i don't have a terrible temper, but i'll get a little mouth in traffic at times. having a pistol in the car or on my hip has just about cured me of that. i've been surprised at how much more likely i am now to run away from a situation than i was before. when you understand the responsibilities of carrying, you'll go pretty far out of your way to avoid trouble. especially if you consider you have no defense if it's believed you "started" an altercation in some way and then pulled a firearm.

*EDIT* btw, i love the camo.