Hornets nest

Guest carbonarcher

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Welcome!!!! Sorry, but I don't think anyone will be able to answer your question, for it is all relative. I have aquired over time around thirty different holsters. They are utilized depending on the weapon, clothing, weather, destination, etc. You could get as many opinions as there are holster designs. Just take your time and try a few and match them to the occasion. Have fun!!!

Eyeman pretty much sums it up. Holsters are alot like trading cards. You keep the ones you like out and the others get sold, traded, or end up in a shoebox.

Just gotta find what works best for you. There are many, many options. Personally, I like an OWB leather holster. Remember that a holster is only good as the belt holding it.

Eyeman pretty much sums it up. Holsters are alot like trading cards. You keep the ones you like out and the others get sold, traded, or end up in a shoebox.

Just gotta find what works best for you. There are many, many options. Personally, I like an OWB leather holster. Remember that a holster is only good as the belt holding it.

The first posts hit it. I agree that everyone has a different opinion. Buy a quality belt, plenty of threads on that and buy a quality holster and try it on for size. Get at least one OWB and one IWB and see how they work. Most of us have bought good ones that for one reason or other we just don't like.

I have been a leather guy through and through for years, but recently I have come to like several Kydex or kydex/leather holsters. I prefer an OWB that rides high and is canted and sits close to the body. There are finally a couple of good choices for that now. I have found nothing is faster on the draw than a good kydex holster. Just get a good one.

IWB I have been a Milt Sparks fan for yrs, but in the last year have come to really like the Crossbreed and MTAC. You will pretty much be best served buying from the internet or finding a shop that sells a lot of holsters. I don't know what area of the state you live in, but here in middle Tennessee, Outpost and Hero Gear both have a very large selection. Though I haven't used one Guns and Leather has a guy that makes holsters.

Guest flyfishtn

Everyone has supplies you with excellent information. I have range holsters, carry holsters (OWB/IWB), all leather, leather/kydex and kydex only. Try what you can before hand and then know going into it that you may end up with a few holsters.

It is a fun process and enjoy the ride.

• Moderators

I carry IWB @ 4 o'clock 95% of the time with a Desantis Intruder tuckable leather/kydex holster. The only problem I have run into is that the muzzle of my gun is wearing holes in my jeans just north of my right hip pocket.

You really won't know until you have several shoe boxes full under the bed or on a closet shelf

.... or have found one you like and worn it out.

That usually comes in and amongst all the buying, trading, etc; you'll have a holster that you'll keep going back to when the new ones don't live up to expectations... Somewhere in there you'll wear it out and want another one, and wonder why you kept looking for something better in the first place.

At least that's how it tends to happen to me...

All great points. Holsters are definitely a personal preference. Only suggestion I would make is to get something comfortable. If it isn't or you think it 'Sticks out like a sore thumb', you won't wear it. FWIW, I like to wear a lefty IWB for small of back carry even though I'm a righty. For a slim frame guy like me, a standard strong side IWB feels like I'm carrying a 2X4 on my waist and I constantly think the grip of my piece is sticking out and 'giving me away'. Also, with the lefty IWB holster, I can use it as a righty OWB just by switching the location! As always, YMMV.