I'm in a bad mood. Really rotten, as a matter of fact.

Guest Jamie

Just found out my wife's idiot ex posted my step-daughter's full name, age, state and city on Facebook, with the claim that he doesn't know where she is :tinfoil: ... even though she's right here - a place he's been to before - for the past, oh, I dunno... eleven years now?

He pulled this s**t once before, sending a deputy out for a "welfare check", claiming he didn't know where she was or how she was doing. ( even though he had been sending her certified mail on a regular basis. ;) )

When I told the deputy what was really going on... that he was behind on his child support and had TWO states out after him, the deputy had a little chat with him, and explained about harassment, and giving false information to a police officer.

Haven't heard from him since. Oh, and did I mention the deputy was one I used to work with, and who knew me quite well? :bored:

Anyway, it's once again time for the state to review, and probably raise his child support. The wife just got the paperwork about a week and a half ago... and the idiot in question just happened to open a Facebook page and post the above-mentioned information about that same time.

Since neither of us are on any of those kinds of sites, we had no idea... until my Father-In-Law called up tonight asking about why he was seeing what he was seeing.

So... now I'm trying to figure out what I need to do, and am working real hard to suppress the urge to do what I want to do... which is to go a-visiting. Among other things. :mad:

Anybody with any good ideas, please speak up. Use the PMs if needed. ;)

Edited by Jamie
  • Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not worried about my post, or how it's taken. It was all weighed very carefully, and there's nothing there that's useful to the other side.

Believe me, if what I said I'd do to him the next time I saw him on my property didn't get me arrested, nothing here will.

( Last time we had words, they were in front of the chief deputy of the SO I used to work for. And all he said, after I said my piece was "He's tellin' you right. You'd better listen to him". )

And that's just one of several reasons why you couldn't throw my wife's ex back across the state line, into Tennessee.

He has to try to cause trouble from afar... where he thinks he's out of reach.

The problem is, it's not me or my wife who he's putting in danger.... even though that's who he's trying to get to.

Starting to see why I'm furious now?

BTW... Don't anybody worry about me doing something stupid and getting into trouble.

You see, I can't afford to go see my wife's ex... and the coward sure as hell ain't gonna come back here.

So I really don't have the option of doing anything more than I'm doing right this second: typing at all of you. :-\

Jamie you can contact Facebook through the site and explain what is going on. That violates their terms of use I believe and they will shut down his account. Sorry you're having to go through this man.

Sounds like good advise. Hope you are feeling a little less agitated this morning.

Why don't you call the AG's office in the state where this douchebag lives. Explain that he's posting explicit personal data about a juvenille without her permission. It might just put him into their DHS system which will make his life interesting.

I'm sorry for your aggravation

The bad thing is crazy ex's seem to be able to get away with this kinda crazy crap "wonder how I know?" and you have to deal with it. I know its easier said than done but try not to give him the satisfaction of letting him know how pi**ed you are !

Jamie you can contact Facebook through the site and explain what is going on. That violates their terms of use I believe and they will shut down his account. Sorry you're having to go through this man.

I don't use Facebook but it sounds like a good first step.

Why don't you call the AG's office in the state where this douchebag lives. Explain that he's posting explicit personal data about a juvenille without her permission. It might just put him into their DHS system which will make his life interesting.

^^^^THIS

I completely agree with you, I would be hitting the ceiling as well.

Family is first

This. Too bad they outlawed ass whippin's. That's what's really needed in this case.

Guest Glock23ForMe
This. Too bad they outlawed confirmed ass whippin's.

If you do it and no one knows or can confirm/deny... Did you really do it? :D

Kinda like if they can't find the body... Nothing happened... ;)

Guest strelcevina

@Jamie

I use a Facebook to stay in contact with family and friends . Everybody uses real name and most of us use phone # .

Giving address is little much. But it shouldn't be an issue.

Who in right mind would come to your house to give you hard time . talking about being on the wrong place at a wrong time ;)

Don't let that loser upset u.

He may enjoy that attention he is getting from u and ur wife

Just let him be.

Guest Glock23ForMe
@Jamie

I use a Facebook to stay in contact with family and friends . Everybody uses real name and most of us use phone # .

Who in right mind would come to your house to give you hard time . talking about being on the wrong place at a wrong time ;)

Just let him be.

WHOA?!?! Something makes SENSE!!!!

They're almost as hard to get ahold of as he is. Their help page is very convoluted and not much help. ;)

What I did find is that they'll pull a photo of a person who's younger than 13, but that sounds like about all they'll do without some legal-type forcing them to do more.

The wife's trying to talk to a lawyer today, so we'll see what headway she makes.

He's already in the TN DCS database as a child abuser, and that has never stopped him from pulling this kind of crap. Not sure what either state's AG can or will do without him doing something overtly criminal.

This. Too bad they outlawed ass whippin's. That's what's really needed in this case.
If you do it and no one knows or can confirm/deny... Did you really do it? :D

Kinda like if they can't find the body... Nothing happened... :D

He won't get anywhere near close enough for that to happen, and right now I certainly can't afford to go deliver him one. He's been real careful to keep that 1000 miles between us, and I don't expect that'll change anytime soon.

@Jamie

Who in right mind would come to your house to give you hard time . talking about being on the wrong place at a wrong time :)

Just let him be.

It's not him, or anyone else for that matter, coming here to the house that's a worry. It's the possibility of the kid disappearing from school that's more of a concern. Plus, he's posted enough info on her for identity theft to be a concern as well. And no, I wouldn't put it past him to post her SSN and birth date somewhere as well.

I should also mention that part of his problem is that he can't aggravate my wife and I directly anymore. We don't have any contact with him at all. And the kid's doctors have stopped the contact between the two of them.

It's one of those cases where he thinks it's anybody's fault but his. And also, that he shouldn't have to support his own kid at all, but that if he's going to be forced to by the state and the law, then that buys him the right to do anything he pleases regarding her.

WHOA?!?! Something makes SENSE!!!!

Yeah I know... that one threw me as well. Apparently aliens have abducted Strel. :eek:

Edited by Jamie
  • Admin Team

Facebook does take reported posts seriously, especially when it comes to a minors. Click on the post, flag it, and then give the reasoning as intimidation of a minor. They should remove it pretty quickly, and hopefully ban his account.

There are some other options, especially if you are getting counsel involved. If reporting the post doesn't work out, let me know and I'll get you a compliance contact so your counsel can send them a takedown request.

Sorry you've got to deal with this.

Facebook does take reported posts seriously, especially when it comes to a minors. Click on the post, flag it, and then give the reasoning as intimidation of a minor. They should remove it pretty quickly, and hopefully ban his account.

There are some other options, especially if you are getting counsel involved. If reporting the post doesn't work out, let me know and I'll get you a compliance contact so your counsel can send them a takedown request.

Sorry you've got to deal with this.

Neither myself nor my wife have an account with any of the "social networking" sites, and won't, for a number of reasons. So the only thing I can do is make up a "throw away" account under a false identity. Otherwise, I can't even get to his page that the info is posted on.

HOWEVER... if there's anybody here who would like the info on where his page can be found, you can PM me and I'll pass it along. I'll only ask that you keep the info to yourself and not post it publicly, since the idea is to get it removed, not spread it around.

( One of the reasons he's doing this crap is to draw us out and start trouble. And that's a game we're not going to play. More than a decade of his s**t was enough. )

Jamie, I don't have any advice to offer aside from what's already been said.

But I'm sorry, man. Neither you, your wife, or that child should have to put up with this. Nobody should. And especially a kid.

Understand your feelings completely. My kid's long grown and gone, but never did like somebody trying to get at me through him.

People like that, they're lower than low. I'm aware that you and I don't exactly see eye-to-eye on God, but I absolutely believe that this guy will get a special seat in hell for what he's doing.

People like that, they're lower than low. I'm aware that you and I don't exactly see eye-to-eye on God, but I absolutely believe that this guy will get a special seat in hell for what he's doing.

Unfortunately, even if there is a Hell, and even if he does indeed have reserved seating there, it does none of us any good at all until we can get him seated...

A throwaway account would work fine. Likewise, your father-in-law who originally raised the concern could certainly report it as well.

Working on both those things.

( The FIL is not the most computer-savvy person in the world, so without seeing for myself what the process is, there's no way to pass the info along to him. Hopefully it's just a "report this post" button or something simple. )

Edited by Jamie
A throwaway account would work fine. Likewise, your father-in-law who originally raised the concern could certainly report it as well.

That's a good idea too. You don't have to give up much info to join, and can control what's seen. That way, you can keep a close eye on the situation.

Jamie, PM me with the info if you wish. I am on Fcaebook several times a day and can keep watch as well as report/flag posts. Also I have a bogus acct on which I could even "friend" the dirtbag and know everything he is up to....just saying.

I am more than happy to help as I have a three line phone and nothing better to do with my time----Rusty Shackleford

Edited by Buzz87
comic relief

Damn... the people who run Facebook make it all but impossible to get in touch with them. All I can really do is report the idiot for bio information that attacks someone else. They (Facebook) give no means to tell them exactly what the problem is, or what he's doing that's wrong.

So now I'm pissed at both the wife's Ex, and the morons that run Facebook... :poop: