Just say No to Logan's Steakhouse at Wolfchase

Logan's Steakhouse located on Germantown Road at the Wolfchase is absolutely NASTY and promotes bad service. My wife and I went there tonight and will We will NEVER go back.

We ordered the "deal" - Appetizer , 2 steak diners, 2 sides, and a Dessert for $20. What a Heck of a deal, Right? Not so much. We ordered the Buffalo Chicken wings for our appetizer and someone other than our server brought out some Chicken Tenders. We told them that wasn't what we ordered, thinking they just mixed up our order. The lady took them back and our server came out a few minutes later and asked us if someone brought out some chicken tenders to us. We said "Yes sir", he then asked "What was wrong with them?", to which I replied "We didn't order them, we ordered Buffalo Chicken wings." He replied "Oh, so you want me just to toss them?" which I took to mean, do you just want me to trow them away?", and I replied, 'I don't care what you do with them since I didn't order them". So he took them in the back and "tossed" them in some wing sauce and brought them back out to us. We almost didn't eat them because they were not what we ordered and I thought he was just being a jackass to us. After replaying the conversation in my head I realized that he asked me if I wanted him to toss the chicken tenders and meant toss them in wing sauce and I thought he meant throw them away. Simple misunderstanding. It happens.

Our waiter then said "I will be right back with some rolls and your salads." About 3-5 minutes later I ran out of my drink and set it to the edge of the table so that he could plainly see it. Right about this time an adult German Roach crawled across the low wall cap that separates the booths from one another. I saw it as well as the lady and gentleman next to me, in the next booth. Our waiter stopped by their table and they reported seeing the bug, and he said he would go get a manager.

About 15 minutes later another lady brought out our steaks and potatoes. As she placed the plates in front of us she noticed the looks on our faces. She asked what was wrong and we told her that we had never gotten our salads or rolls yet. She then asked if we wanted her to bring us a salad, to which we replied, 'Not now, we already have our food." She apologized and offered to bring us yet another side, I told her, "Don't worry about it, It is not your fault". She then asked what we both were drinking so she could fill them up. I told her that I didn't want her too. I wanted to see just how long they would sit empty. She apologized again. At this point I told her that we saw the roach that the booth next to us saw and reported to our waiter. She did not act shocked that we saw one, and told us that she would let someone know. Our waiter noticed that we were talking to this waitress and brought us out our refills.

A few minutes later our waiter came out of the kitchen with a man that looked to be a manager of some sorts. He (the manager) looks at both our booths and makes his way to our neighbor's table and stopped half way there and turned and went back into the kitchen. He never came out and spoke to either table about the roach.

Our waiter cam to our table and said "So, I hear that you guys saw the roach too." I said, "Yeah, it was kinda hard to miss." he then said, " We told the manager but what is he really going to do about it? Come out here and apologize, offer to take care of the meal, or something else. There is really nothing to do in this situation." He then proceeded to tell us about his previous job working at a restaurant in Jackson, TN. and how they had problems with roaches too. Like I cared about his work history. He asked us if there was anything else he could do for us, and we told him to put our dessert in a to go box that we were ready to leave.

He brought our check to the table and walked off. It was the $20 deal, two drinks, and taxes. I believe it was $27.92. I thought maybe that he would have adjusted something on the price for not bringing us two of our sides, but it was the full price. I didn't say anything because us not getting our salads rested 100% on him and not the restaurant, and sitting there without a drink for over 15 minutes, so I decided not to leave him a tip. We decide to stay and eat our meal despite the roach sighting and so I felt like I owed them the price of what we ate and didn't deserve anything for free. We could have left after we saw the roach crawling around, but we stayed anyways.

I took the time to write this out to let everyone know how the Logan's Steakhouse on Germantown Road, in the parking lot of the Wolfchase Mall operates. Nasty place, horrible service, and a non caring managerial staff.

Edited by memphismason
MCS education
  • Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I ate at the one on Winchester ONCE and never went back. Something about the peanut shells on the floor just irked me. I'm FAAAAAR from a neat freak, but it just goes against my home training to toss crap on the floor.

Sucks you had a bad experience man, but you did the right thing. If no one cares, what can you do really? This is one reason though that when I get really good service somewhere I tell the manager. There is a guy that works at On the Border in the afternoon, one by Wolfchase, and that guy is Super Waiter. He was working Father's Day and we were his last table before he was supposed to get off work to drive to Jackson to pick up his son. He never rushed us, drinks always full, order correct, hot chips,etc. I left him a 50% tip and told him to have his manager come talk to me. Every time I go in there if he's working I try to sit in his section.

Guest Glock23ForMe

It's sad that companies treat their PAYING customers like this.... Sad day... One reason I could never own/run a restaurant... I wouldn't be able to keep staff... It was hard enough keeping 2 guys at my old game store.... :drama:

Restaurants have cockroaches among other bugs and unsanitary things. Simple fact of restaurants, like it or lump it.

I'm fine with knowing that.....but I'll be damned if I wanna see them!!!

I would have left that place and reported it to health inspectors.

ETA; as far as the server goes, I would have left a quarter on the table just so he as no doubt that I didn't forget the tip.

Guest Sgt. Joe

As I think about it, it has been nearly a year since I ate a the Logans here in Jackson but that is the total opposite of the service they had at that time. I use to eat there quite often as in a couple times a week years ago and then it was about once a month at least, I really like their steaks and the service.

Simple funding for eating out and another private owned steak house here has kept me away from there for awhile.

I have also worked in enough restaurants to know that most do have roaches, but if I see one while I am eating I am either leaving or eating for free.

I am sorry you had such a bad time. I go to Memphis pretty regular and eat in that area a lot when I do, I will certainly file this info in the ole noggin and stay clear of that place, I am sure I have eaten at that one too but again it has been awhile.

And you certainly handled the situation better than I would have.

Texas Roadhouse spoiled me. Their service, food, and atmosphere is far superior to Logan's. Unfortunately, ours closed about a year ago. Don't know why, because every time we drove by, their parking lot was full and people usually had to park across the road at the mall on the weekends.

Logan's was good when they first opened, but now they are mediocre at best. They are not on my list when I'm looking for a good restaurant. I'd much rather go to O'Charley's than Logan's.

Texas Roadhouse spoiled me. Their service, food, and atmosphere is far superior to Logan's. Unfortunately, ours closed about a year ago. Don't know why, because every time we drove by, their parking lot was full and people usually had to park across the road at the mall on the weekends.

Logan's was good when they first opened, but now they are mediocre at best. They are not on my list when I'm looking for a good restaurant. I'd much rather go to O'Charley's than Logan's.

Texas Roadhouse all the way. Although some may not share it, my opinion is that they have the best steaks in Knoxvegas. Hands down. And this is including Regas and Ye Olde Steak House.

Now, something I have learned from my wife, did you write to the corporate office? If you were dissatisfied enough to come and tell us, you should also tell corporate. If you remember the server's name it would go even farther. You don't have to demand free food, or a reimbursement, but tell them you want an apology. Plus, they need to know that something like this is going on.

Guest tnxdshooter
Logan's Steakhouse located on Germantown Road at the Wolfchase is absolutely NASTY and promotes bad service. My wife and I went there tonight and will We will NEVER go back.

We ordered the "deal" - Appetizer , 2 steak diners, 2 sides, and a Dessert for $20. What a Heck of a deal, Right? Not so much. We ordered the Buffalo Chicken wings for our appetizer and someone other than our server brought out some Chicken Tenders. We told them that wasn't what we ordered, thinking they just mixed up our order. The lady took them back and our server came out a few minutes later and asked us if someone brought out some chicken tenders to us. We said "Yes sir", he then asked "What was wrong with them?", to which I replied "We didn't order them, we ordered Buffalo Chicken wings." He replied "Oh, so you want me just to toss them?" which I took to mean, do you just want me to trow them away?", and I replied, 'I don't care what you do with them since I didn't order them". So he took them in the back and "tossed" them in some wing sauce and brought them back out to us. We almost didn't eat them because they were not what we ordered and I thought he was just being a jackass to us. After replaying the conversation in my head I realized that he asked me if I wanted him to toss the wings and meant toss them in wing sauce and I thought he meant throw them away. Simple misunderstanding. It happens.

Our waiter then said "I will be right back with some rolls and your salads." About 3-5 minutes later I ran out of my drink and set it to the edge of the table so that he could plainly see it. Right about this time an adult German Roach crawled across the low wall cap that separates the booths from one another. I saw it as well as the lady and gentleman next to me, in the next booth. Our waiter stopped by their table and the reported seeing the bug, and he said he would go get a manager.

About 15 minutes later another lady brought out our steaks and potatoes. As she placed the plates in front of us she noticed the looks on our faces. She asked what was wrong and we told her that we had never gotten our salads or rolls yet. She then asked if we wanted her to bring us a salad, to which we replied, 'Not now, we already have our food." She apologized offered to bring us yet another side, I told her, "Don't worry about it, It is not your fault". She then asked what we both were drinking so she could fill them up. I told her that I didn't want her too. I wanted to see just how long they would sit empty. She apologized again. At this point I told her that we saw the roach that the booth next to us saw and reported to our waiter. She did not act shocked that we saw one, and told us that she would let someone know. Our waiter noticed that we were talking to this waitress and brought us out our refills.

A few minutes later our waiter came out of the kitchen with a man that looked to be a manager of some sorts. He (the manager) looks at both our booths and makes his way to our neighbor's table and stopped half way there and turned and went back into the kitchen. He never came out and spoke to either table about the roach.

Our waiter cam to our table and said "So, I hear that you guys saw the roach too." I said, "Yeah, it was kinda hard to miss." he then said, " We told the manager but what is he really going to do about it? Come out here and apologize, offer to take care of the meal, or something else. There is really nothing to do in this situation." He then proceeded to tel us about his previous job working at a restaurant in Jackson, TN. and how they had problems with roaches too. Like I cared about his work history. He asked us if there was anything else he could do for us, and we told him to put our dessert in a to go box that we were ready to leave.

He brought our check to the table and walked off. It was the $20 deal, two drinks, and taxes. I believe it was $27.92. I thought maybe that he would have adjusted something on the price for not bringing us two of our sides, but it was the full price. I didn't say anything because us not getting our salads rested 100% on him and not the restaurant, and sitting there without a drink for over 15 minutes, so I decided not to leave him a tip. We decide to stay and eat our meal despite the roach sighting and so I felt like I owed them the price of what we ate and didn't deserve anything for free. We could have left after we saw the roach crawling around, but we stayed anyways.

I took the time to write this out to let everyone know how the Logan's Steakhouse on Germantown Road, in the parking lot of the Wolfchase Mall operates. Nasty place, horrible service, and a non caring managerial staff.

Dude the one in chattanooga is is extremely clean. If it was me I would be calling the health department.

Guest tnxdshooter
Restaurants have cockroaches among other bugs and unsanitary things. Simple fact of restaurants, like it or lump it.

I'm fine with knowing that.....but I'll be damned if I wanna see them!!!

I would have left that place and reported it to health inspectors.

ETA; as far as the server goes, I would have left a quarter on the table just so he as no doubt that I didn't forget the tip.

Ummmmmmmmm actually they should call the health department. If you eat out and get food poisoning it is usually from cock roaches poopin all over your food.

Edited by tnxdshooter
Guest tnxdshooter
Ummmmmmmmm actually they should call the health department. If you eat out and get food poisoning it is usually from cock roaches poopin all over your food.

Also, I am almost quiet sure that if the health inspector saw roaches the place would be closed down and they would get a bad score for cleanliness, Roaches carry all kinds of diseases like botulism, disentary, etc. If you see roaches in the day time that means you have a serious serious roach infestation. For people like me who are allergic to them I could die if I ate there. I would be calling the health inspector for sure.

It's funny you should mention this. We ate at Logan's in Gallatin yesterday afternoon. While I didn't see any roaches, the service was terrible. I just assumed they had a temporary staffing problem, as they weren't at all busy. I now wonder if they are having issues from the top down.

Guest strelcevina

This is great time to give up going out to eat.

All those food places are nasty and bacteria infested .

Millions of people officially complain about food places.

Just say NO to that addiction . NO more eating out

Guest KimberChick
We used to eat at that Logan's alot but kinda stopped after their steaks went to ****. Glad we never received service that bad though.

Logan's is the A #1 place to go...for exceptionally overcooked, low-graded steaks. Colton's on Hwy 64 is a little better.

Fat Larry's at Appling and Hwy 70 used to be really really good. I haven't been in a while so I don't know if they still are. They hand cut their steaks and cooked them perfectly to order every time I ate there. They aren't a chain so the quality of their meat is better.

Guest 85rx-7gsl-se
Logan's is the A #1 place to go...for exceptionally overcooked, low-graded steaks. Colton's on Hwy 64 is a little better.

Fat Larry's at Appling and Hwy 70 used to be really really good. I haven't been in a while so I don't know if they still are. They hand cut their steaks and cooked them perfectly to order every time I ate there. They aren't a chain so the quality of their meat is better.

Yeah I mean my GF used to eat steak at Logan's at least once a week but over the past year or two they decided the way to cook a steak was to just drown it in salt and overcook it. Personally I love Longhorn for steaks and service is usually good (though last time they ran out of so much stuff we got dinner for our entire party of 13 comp'ed).

This is great time to give up going out to eat.

All those food places are nasty and bacteria infested .

Millions of people officially complain about food places.

Just say NO to that addiction . NO more eating out

I use to work for a foodservice delivering. You wouldn't believe some of the things I have seen.

NEVER NEVER NEVER ! eat any kind of oriental out

Please contact their corporate office. They will respond.

The logan's I go to have little to no issues. Food is good, restaurants clean, etc.

The 100 Oaks one has issues with lack of service from wait staff, the Cool Springs Galleria one is the one to go to.

And they allow carry...

I use to work for a foodservice delivering. You wouldn't believe some of the things I have seen.

NEVER NEVER NEVER ! eat any kind of oriental out

Funny you mentioned that. I have had food poisoning twice from oriental food. After the second time, I have abstained completely from oriental food. The last time I ate oriental food was 14 years ago.

As far as Logan's goes, I don't think they are much different than other restaurants. However, I have only eaten at Logan's once. I didn't like their food.

Funny you mentioned that. I have had food poisoning twice from oriental food. After the second time, I have abstained completely from oriental food. The last time I ate oriental food was 14 years ago.

As far as Logan's goes, I don't think they are much different than other restaurants. However, I have only eaten at Logan's once. I didn't like their food.

Eveytime I see you post all I can think of is "did I do that?" LOL

Guest tnxdshooter

I am so used to eating farm raised beef straight off our farm after having been fed for 90 days 50% cracked corn and 50% corn gluten feeds, no implants, no antibiotics, and no pesticides. After them hanging for 14 days at the slaughter house the beef at restaraunts just does not compare anymore and all taste like crap now.