Recruiters told they can accept openly gay applicants.

... which is why I always keep a can of kerosene handy.

I do like to be helpful, y'know... ;)

Now, back to the gays in the military... When it comes right down to it, does anybody with an actual life really care?

I mean, I don't know about everybody else, but I've got far more important things to worry about, unfortunately. :(

Doesn't really bother me. If a man gets his jollies by looking at another man's hairy butt and he says to himself, "Oh snap, I've gotta get a piece of that.", so be it. More power to him.

The only time I have a problem with some in the gay community is when they try to force their viewpoint upon me and demand that I accept it. I don't hold this viewpoint just towards the gay community but to any group that tries to force or coerce me into accepting their views.

• Replies 412
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Doesn't really bother me. If a man gets his jollies by looking at another man's hairy butt and he says to himself, "Oh snap, I've gotta get a piece of that.", so be it. More power to him.

The only time I have a problem with some in the gay community is when they try to force their viewpoint upon me and demand that I accept it. I don't hold this viewpoint just towards the gay community but to any group that tries to force or coerce me into accepting their views.

That pretty much sums it up!

Well, that's gotta be one helluva long list... 'cause I can't think of too many groups that DON'T end up trying to force/forcing their views on everybody else, one way or the other. :(

Well, that's gotta be one helluva long list... 'cause I can't think of too many groups that DON'T end up trying to force/forcing their views on everybody else, one way or the other. :(

I think alot of groups get bad raps because of the fringe components in them. I'm a Christian, but obviously, I disagree quite a bit with the general consensus and I'm not beating anyone with a bible. I'm a big fan of "Don't tell me how to live and I won't tell you."

Awww, c'mon now... we're not through with the gays yet, so let's not get started again on religion. 'Specially since that's a banned subject here now. ;)

People... all people... for whatever reason, tend to promote their own views on how things are and how they "should" be. That's just how we're built.

The problems come when folks can't figure out that just maybe they shouldn't be expressing a particular view/opinion to a particular group of people... :(;):eek:

Awww, c'mon now... we're not through with the gays yet, so let's not get started again on religion. 'Specially since that's a banned subject here now. ;)

People... all people... for whatever reason, tend to promote their own views on how things are and how they "should" be. That's just how we're built.

The problems come when folks can't figure out that just maybe they shouldn't be expressing a particular view/opinion to a particular group of people... :nervous::stare::eek:

I think it's just misinformed people's inability to hear an opposing viewpoint. People who have irrational fears about a subject or don't know why they believe what they believe generally just lash out.

Alot of people don't seem to understand you can have opposing ideas about something and still have polite debate. The problem is people who are spoonfed information and don't bother to research or form their own opinions on a subject. People like our now dearly departed bigot. :D

Be careful you don't become "dearly departed" yourself there, Punisher... You wouldn't be the first guy that busted his ass while he was laughing at some other poor schmuck that just fell on the ice, after all. :stare:

As for our now-departed friend... well, may he never wake up naked in a gay bar with the sun coming up, a hang-over... and wondering whether or not he really wants to remember what happened...

... only to find out on Facebook, a week later. :eek::nervous:

Edited by Jamie
Be careful you don't become "dearly departed" yourself there, Punisher... You wouldn't be the first guy that busted his ass while he was laughing at some other poor schmuck that just fell on the ice, after all. :stare:

As for our now-departed friend... well, may he never wake up naked in a gay bar with the sun coming up, a hang-over... and wondering whether or not he really wants to remember what happened...

... only to find out on Facebook, a week later. :eek::nervous:

Nah I'm good, I know how to read the CoC. ;)

Well, that's gotta be one helluva long list... 'cause I can't think of too many groups that DON'T end up trying to force/forcing their views on everybody else, one way or the other. :nervous:

There is a big difference between sharing ones views and trying to force them on someone. Its easy to have a civil discussion about differing viewpoints without trying to force someone to fall in line with you. But that requires both parties to be willing to have a civil discussion. Unfortunately, just about every group is going to have someone who is convinced that they know all and everyone should agree with them - and then the problems start.

I think it's just misinformed people's inability to hear an opposing viewpoint. People who have irrational fears about a subject or don't know why they believe what they believe generally just lash out.

Alot of people don't seem to understand you can have opposing ideas about something and still have polite debate. The problem is people who are spoonfed information and don't bother to research or form their own opinions on a subject. People like our now dearly departed bigot. :nervous:

You hit that nail square, Punisher:D

Guest mustangdave

I will just add this...the federal government in it omnipotent wisdom will continue to use the armed services for its damn "social experiments"...whether its desegregation...women in combat...or legally "outing" gay service members. What the uniformed services "think" doesn't matter to the DC elite. During my 20 years of service, most of the time we knew if "you" were gay...as long as you do your job... nobody cares. Live and let live. We salute the civilian leadership and carry on. As a rule WE follow ORDERS and get on with it...and wish people wouldn't make such a fuss.

Edited by mustangdave
spelling errors
Be careful you don't become "dearly departed" yourself there, Punisher... You wouldn't be the first guy that busted his ass while he was laughing at some other poor schmuck that just fell on the ice, after all. :censored:

... only to find out on Facebook, a week later. :wall::ugh:

Dang.....that's funny.

Good thread.

As long as someone isn't discriminated because of it when it comes to getting jobs, going to schools, promotion, well being etc, (include, race, sex, religion, etc), then who cares. Don't ask, Don't care is the way to go.