Not getting Notified

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
Guest TargetShooter84

Well, I hate to bring up this thread....but don't want to start a new similar one.

But I have gotten couple PMs and never got those notifications? My settings are enabled and I have a gmail account. It has worked before but now it's not?

Yes, I checked spam and none of any TGO related items are in there.

Any ideas?

My e-mail notifications have been on and off. Like I did get the e-mail that a new post had been made in this thread, but have been going through other threads I'm subscribed to and never got an e-mail.

I remember Dave posting that something he was doing may effect e-mail notifications....thought it might be related to that, but that has been a while ago too.

Guest TargetShooter84

Oh ok, the last PM I got that I was notifiied was two weeks ago but I've exchanged couple PMs lately this week and have gotten no notifications at all either. Surprises me when I log onto this site and I get that popup telling me I have PMs but none on my gmail account.

I really don't subscribe to threads though, just PMs only.

Let me know what you guys find out.

• Administrator

Check your filters. We're using an email host now that cost me several $$ a year so I know it's working. I get them all the time, especially with gmail.

For that matter, they're going through to Comcast users now and comcast gave us fits before.

Ultimately though, if it's not working for a certain provider I'm just not going to try to fix it anymore. It's eaten up way too much of my time and money and it's like trying to hit a constantly moving, changing target.

Guest TargetShooter84
Check your filters. We're using an email host now that cost me several $$ a year so I know it's working. I get them all the time, especially with gmail.

For that matter, they're going through to Comcast users now and comcast gave us fits before.

Ultimately though, if it's not working for a certain provider I'm just not going to try to fix it anymore. It's eaten up way too much of my time and money and it's like trying to hit a constantly moving, changing target.

By filters, you mean the spam folders, right?

If not, how do I do that on gmail?

I don't think it is a filtering problem for me.

This morning I had two e-mails from TGO on threads I subscribed to, one I got on to TGO though there where 3 other threads (including this one, that I was getting them on) I subscribe to that had new post that I didn't get an e-mail on. I also subscribe to a few sub-forums and haven't got e-mails on updates to them in a while.

• 1 month later...

Mark me down as one of the "intermittents" - the notifications are supposed to go to my email address at my private domain, and sometimes the PM ones do, but none of my subscribed threads ones have ever made it. Checked settings, all set up, and should work... but does not.

In order to not start a new thread (I get all my notifications re: PMs, subscribed threads, etc.), I'll post this here: I did not receive a notification that my "benefactor" status has expired. It's not a big deal, and I'll re-up, but I thought David and the mods should know.

In order to not start a new thread (I get all my notifications re: PMs, subscribed threads, etc.), I'll post this here: I did not receive a notification that my "benefactor" status has expired. It's not a big deal, and I'll re-up, but I thought David and the mods should know.

I don't think a notice for that is sent out...but not sure.

Oh...and I didn't get an e-mail there was a new post in this thread, although I have at other times....