Permit Renewal

Guest db99wj

Just got my renewal notice (January 2011). It says allow 3 months to process :) and I know back awhile ago, it was taking that.

Has anyone gone through the renewal process recently and if so what have you guys experienced lately?

I understand that they send a letter that extends your permit until all is approved.

I plan on renewing by mail. Do they send you a new card with the new date or is it a sticker, like they use to do with DL's?

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I renewed mine just a few months ago. It took four months for me to receive my new permit. The letter they send you is good only for three months, even though it doesn't say that anywhere on the letter, and they will not send you a second rewnewal letter, so if your renewal takes more than 3 months, you can't legally carry until the permit comes. I would suggest you go ahead and renew as soon as possible.

They don't send a sticker. They send you a new permit using your on file picture.

Guest razorblade

I renewed mine last fall and had to have a certified copy of birth certificate that was not required when I first got my permit. Good advice to go in person and go SOON.

I sent my renewal my mail in mid Sept and the highway patrol cashed the check pretty quick. I then received a letter about a week after the check cashing stating that the highway patrol received my application and that the letter serves as a temporary handgun carry permit when mine expires. The letter and my expired handgun carry permit (when it expires in about three weeks) are supposed to be carried together. I could care less when the highway patrol sends my renewal because I have that letter.

I did a renewal form when transferring an Arkansas Concealed Handgun License to a TN Handgun Carry Permit four years ago and it only took the highway patrol four weeks from the time I filled out the renewal form in person when switching out my AR DL for a TN DL.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...