Question about Post

Gentlemen this is my first post but last night I tried to post something in the Firearms for sale and I couldn't. I've got a NIB SRP for sale but I can't post it. Can anyone please tell me why? I'm out of work and have a cancer operation coming up. If someone could help me out I sure would appreciate it.

Erich

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.tngunowners.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=9

that is the link to the Trade post forums it has a sticky at the top that tells you why you cant post there.

here is the post.

Why can't I post in the For Sale Forums?

One of the most common questions we receive by email regards posting something in the For Sale forums. Specifically, people email asking why they can't and why they are getting a message stating that they do not have permission to post here.

The reason is this:

New members have to be with us for at least two weeks (14 days) and have made at least 10 posts elsewhere on TGO before they can post in the For Sale forums.

We do this to prevent gun-shops or private brokers from signing up just to use our forum as a form of free advertisement. We value the quality of our participants over the quantity, so if we lose a few "spammers" in the process, that sits well with us.

Hopefully you will understand too that by enforcing this policy, we are making it so that a member has to participate a little and give the rest of us a chance to get to know their character before we let them try to hawk their firearms or other goods. This makes it a little safer for us all.

So know you know. :rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
Guest 2Old
Gentlemen this is my first post but last night I tried to post something in the Firearms for sale and I couldn't. I've got a NIB SRP for sale but I can't post it. Can anyone please tell me why? I'm out of work and have a cancer operation coming up. If someone could help me out I sure would appreciate it.

Erich

I'm sorry to hear about your health problems and I hope everything turns out well. I would offer to buy your gun but I'm in somewhat of a financial bind myself. It seems they don't care much here for new members who want to sell their guns until you've been a member for a while and made a whole lot of posts. I can't help you financially but I will pray for you.

Guest canynracer
I'm sorry to hear about your health problems and I hope everything turns out well. I would offer to buy your gun but I'm in somewhat of a financial bind myself. It seems they don't care much here for new members who want to sell their guns until you've been a member for a while and made a whole lot of posts. I can't help you financially but I will pray for you.

umm, that is not necessarily the case, the intention of the forum is to discuss guns, and the things related to guns. Also, this thread is rather old, so I am not sure why the comment was made....but...

Having the "For Sale" section is really just a luxury for contributing members of the discussion boards...if the sole purpose you are here is the buy and sell firearms, they have other sites for that...gunbroker is one of them.

To the OP. I am very sorry to hear about your health, I wish there was something I could do to help.

I will keep you in my prayers.

Edited by canynracer
Guest 2Old
umm, that is not necessarily the case, the intention of the forum is to discuss guns, and the things related to guns. Also, this thread is rather old, so I am not sure why the comment was made....but...

Having the "For Sale" section is really just a luxury for contributing members of the discussion boards...if the sole purpose you are here is the buy and sell firearms, they have other sites for that...gunbroker is one of them.

To the OP. I am very sorry to hear about your health, I wish there was something I could do to help.

I will keep you in my prayers.

Sorry.. I didn't notice the date of the original post, but what I said still applies.

Sorry.. I didn't notice the date of the original post, but what I said still applies.

The rulz is the rulz.

Consider the forum as a bunch of new folks you have met and are getting to know. Do you try to sell something to the family that has just invited you over to dinner for the first time trying to get to know you?

Relax, take your shoes off, sit a spell. Then sell us something once we know if your gonna help us move furniture next time or just wanted to borrow a tool and never talk to us again:D

Jeez! This is not a public board,it is a privately owned and operated board!Try talking down to the Admin at the highroad and your gone so fast it'll make your mouse burn(ask me how I know)

Here they will kindly explain there actions,which they get crap over!Maybe they should be a little more rube to people that give them crap and be done with it!

I have bought a few things from members and have only had one bad experience,which just so happens to be someone simply selling on here,which means I did not know him as well as others,go figure I got screwed!

to bump my count I will post in this.

Canyn has it right on the head. This place I do not believe originally created for Joe Gunslinger to list and sell his gun.

If you new guys want to sell you crap then follow the time and post number rules.

If you are here just for the sake of selling guns then go to GunGroker or Guns America

and sell your jamamatic.

Personally I am very suspect of someone signing up here for the sake of turning the place into their yardsale.

• Administrator

No, what you said doesn't apply. I'd thank you kindly not to presume that we are unfriendly to new people here just because we have decided to restrict access to certain areas until a person becomes more acclimated with the TGO community and vice versa.

Furthermore, I'd thank you not to spread your resentment for that fact to others as though it were the "fact of the matter".

TGO's members are actually some of the most friendly and welcoming to newcomers that I have ever seen on a gun forum. This applies equally to our moderators and Staff. No one here has ever told a newcomer that they weren't welcome.

The reasons for the changes to the Trading Post forum have been very well explained elsewhere. I'm not going to rehash it so if you've not read it yet, please do so by clicking here and here.

This is seriously the last I am going to say about this. This thread is done.